It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Evacuates Ten Of Thousands As Deep Freeze Takes Hold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Southern China's Extreme Cold Forces Evacuation
Last Updated: Wednesday, January 5, 2011 | 11:05 AM ET
The Associated Press
www.cbc.ca...

Freezing temperatures in southern China have forced 58,000 people from their homes and caused about $200 million Cdn in economic losses, the government said Wednesday.

The evacuation came after ice and sleet collapsed the roofs of more than 1,200 homes across the southern regions of Jiangxi, Hunan, Chongqing, Sichuan and Guizhou, the Ministry of Civil Affairs reported.

Freezing weather has also damaged more than 121,000 hectares of crops, including cabbage and rice.

In Guizhou province, 22,800 people were forced out of their homes Tuesday, and drivers abandoned thousands of cars after ice-covered roads were closed, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.

China: CMA Started Up Level Four Emergency Response For Freezing Disasters
Source: Xinhua News Agency
Date: 05 Jan 2011
www.reliefweb.int...

Related threads:

Strange Weather - Is "the day after tomorrow" coming true?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's Official: 2010 Deadliest Year In A Generation: Meteorologists

I wouldn't be pushing this except that all of these oddities add up to one big "uh oh".

I know, I know. Before people start saying "There's no proof, it's just winter, nothing to see here, the gulf stream hasn't stopped, the North Atlantic Current is just fine and dandy. It's just a couple of flakes. What global climate change? Ice age who?"

Yes. Before people start offering all all of these "knee-jerk" responses ask yourself this: "Do I have enough firewood for the winter, and what's the tallest mountain in the contiguous United States?" Just in case.

One anomaly can easily be dismissed.
But what about the hundreds of others?
edit on 1/5/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Crazy days indeed.

I don't know what else to say, we are seeing things that haven't been seen in my understanding of time and history, tho I am sure someone will pop in with links to events that happened a while ago.

Who knows tho, it's definitely different.

Wonder how wild of a ride we are in for, between the economy, potential wars, food shortages, and general chaos.. oh and don't forget aliens/UFOs. it will definitely be an interesting year on ATS.

Thanks for the news on China.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis

Crazy days indeed.

I don't know what else to say, we are seeing things that haven't been seen in my understanding of time and history, tho I am sure someone will pop in with links to events that happened a while ago.

Who knows tho, it's definitely different.

Wonder how wild of a ride we are in for, between the economy, potential wars, food shortages, and general chaos.. oh and don't forget aliens/UFOs. it will definitely be an interesting year on ATS.

Thanks for the news on China.

Let's not forget thousands of birds falling dead from the skies either. Just another piece to the puzzle. By the way, the tallest mountain in the contiguous United States is Mt. Whitney in California.

Not quite the Cho Ming Valley hideaway I had in mind, but since I can't get to Tibet, 14,000 feet above sea level in the U.S. is looking pretty good.
edit on 1/6/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Last night on the news it was confirmed that Britain had the coldest December on record. Having lived with -7 for a month, January seems mild even though the temperatures are showing so low. Wonder what the summer will bring.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRift
Last night on the news it was confirmed that Britain had the coldest December on record. Having lived with -7 for a month, January seems mild even though the temperatures are showing so low. Wonder what the summer will bring.

I saw that in a print story and posted it to:

Strange Weather - Is "the day after tomorrow" coming true?
by CaptainIraq
started on posted on 1/12/2006 @ 09:07 PM

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkRift

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
More bad news for the UK:

Met Office Issues Snow Warning For Northern Scotland
6 January 2011 Last updated at 01:27 ET
Severe weather warnings have been issued by the Met Office for parts of northern Scotland.
www.bbc.co.uk...

The Met Office said December was the coldest month on record, with the average temperature -1C. The team, based in Traffic Scotland's control centre in Glasgow, was set up last month after the onset of severe weather which saw the coldest December in parts of Scotland since records began in 1910.

Snow to sweep across UK again, warns Met Office
www.metro.co.uk...

Met Office forecaster Helen Chivers..."It will take until mid-week next week but we will have temperatures of 7C or 8C in the south"...

December 2010 was the coldest month in England and Wales since February 1986, experts said.

edit on 1/6/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: additional

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thats why china know the cause of bird deaths they know that HAARP is pointing towards them. But since every action has a consequence birds and fish die. If only China had prove?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
get ready for the big burst,get of your,phone, mobile you`ll be set alite,the suns about to go neutron burst because of arriving gravity wave from beetleguise supernova,its coming early,keep your eye on beetleguise when it blinks out S...t yourselfs

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just watched a video on HAARP Earthquake War. Trying to find a link to Dead Man Musings: Windows Internet Explorer. Definately worth a watch. Sure this is what is causing lots of poblems we're having.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
All the floods here in Aus as well,as big as france and germany put together.
Interesting times indeed.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Reminds me of a movie called "The Core" from 2003.

The Core

gives me the shibbers. 14,000 feet sounds good tho.. let's go!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

And with all these fish kills being blamed on cold...

And now we here in Atlanta are getting another unusual burst of cold weather bearing down on us this weekend...

Time to buy long underwear

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Definitely crazy weather. However, I have endured many extremely bad winters with especially extreme cold, freezing rain, and snow. My house never collapsed and I was never evacuated. They need to build better homes, and prepare for all types of weather.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
What a mess. Yes, climate change will be catching many people globally will unprepared and even unaware. Areas that were once temperate or tropical will be frigid. Areas that once got no snow or rain will. We saw this coming,

But see? This is exactly the kind of thing we should have been preparing globally for instead of allowing the disinfo agents and political pukes to take our eye off the ball as they bickered about meaningless and relatively minor and almost irrelevant details about why this was happening, which in turn gave ignorant people a false sense that nothing was "wrong."

Do me a favor, world, and the next time there's doubt? Assume for worst case and err on the side of caution and preparation as you bicker and figure out why. The why is not as important here as the what.

reply to post by HunkaHunka

And milk and bread too? Didn't know you were in Atlanta too...I have a snow shovel you can borrow if it snows again.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well its all part of the Revelation story in the Bible or do most of you still think he was still joking? Get ready cause its only going to get worse.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Or perhaps whoever it was who documented that portion of the bible witnessed climate change in the past or had that knowledge passed down to him or her through generations. .And who is he? Do you mean He?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Or perhaps whoever it was who documented that portion of the bible witnessed climate change in the past or had that knowledge passed down to him or her through generations. .And who is he? Do you mean He?

new topics

top topics

join