It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Munchausens by Proxy=Progressives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I watched the video where they had a 5 year old that was "supposedly" proud or happy to wear a pink tutu. Now I will not argue that children act out, but I will say that you SHOULD NOT put them on National Television to promote your book.

Now, what kind of person does this? Tell me, if you are unknown what are you going to do? How bout creating a child that wears pink tutus? Because if they wore camo and were just your typical type kid, you would NEVER be able to get on NBC, right?

Tell you what folks, I have NO problems with adults, but ONCE you begin using kids to push your agenda!?

Maybe we should give the girl/guy slash mother/progenitor of the fascination or the sickness that they want to project.

Right, it is their right to project anything they want correct? All things being equal correct? Sorry folks, this is just sick.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
WOW, thought I was responding to another component.

This was in regards to the child that is 5 years old that was paraded around in a tutu.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm very tired, I might be missing the point or failing to see a joke..but don't plenty of 5 year olds wear tutus when they do ballet? I don't understand, what makes this so disgusting? What was the context of the public display?

Lol, just read your reply- sorry, past 4:30am here, very tired

edit on 5-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sorry, I should have put the video-

The Child can think anything he wants, my only question, does this not remind ANYONE of Munchhausen's by proxy?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Okay, now I understand- thanks. That's pretty sickening, indeed. Yes, it does seem a lot like that- exploit your child to gain attention and 15 minutes of fame....Why would anyone in their right mind publicise their child doing this? His future social life is already ruined, surely the parent should be trying to prevent the child from doing this, instead of seemingly encouraging it. Just the way of our crazy, crazy fame/money obsessed world where the majority of paupers will do anything for recognition and the tv networks will do anything for money/ratings. The TV network never should have shown this anyway, totally wrong.
edit on 5-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is pretty sick. You want to let your 5-year-old parade around in a pink tutu? Okay, whatever. Heck, I went for dad's ties instead of mom's high heels as a kid, so whatever makes him happy. But parading him around on national t.v. to get 15 minutes of fame? Nah, that's not even close to cool.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There was definitely a different way that she could have shared her story. But parading her child around on T.V. with the outfit on, was just wayyy to much. I am sure that there are parents all over the world that have a similar situation, but we could have taken her word for it, or at least covered the child's face.

He is to young to see what this will bring for him as he gets older. Whether or not he chooses to be an adult male and where these outfits is one thing, but if this is a phase, no one will let him live this down. This will follow him for life. I feel very bad for the kid, and someone should have stepped in, and told her that maybe bringing the child wasn't a good idea. But why would they? I'm sure they got great ratings!

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join