It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory shows deleted from dvr's??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
By default, DVRs will record stupid shows as soon as they finish recording.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
would they be targeting certain areas in the USA, since some still have this show and some don't.. or .. is it a mix of someone not turning on the manual delete option ??

i don't DVR, just to spendy right now.. but .. yea..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
*hugs stockpile of archived crap*

you can borrow my copies when the s**t hits the fan and we all have to move into caves

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hmmm.... Me thinks I'm going to have to re try the record off my DVR to my computer again soon...'
(Just in case)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Your welcome to whom told me thank you for posting this! I don't have a dvr, but saw the post on Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory facebook page and thought it would be a good idea to post here in case anyone missed that bit of news. I did save the videos from youtube and convert them to dvd, including the police state episode. So if you don't have them or can't watch them on tv, it might be a good idea to convert and put them on disc.
edit on 6-1-2011 by searching4it because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4it

or download torrents

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You all seem to trust in the public cable and satellite companies. Why save the shows on the electronic media, DVR's n such? Seems to me if they can go blank once in awhile like they do in storms, outages n such...cant they just ZAP your entire saved content?

I still bounce a few things over to tape, flash, file, external drives etc and save what I want, and that controls my ability to watch it whenever, however and where-ever I want, visit or go to. Saving your shows to re-watch on their DVRs and saving programs still leaves them in control of your stuff.

I see many here are still assuming since you have the DVRs to use...and thats what they are for...that you should be able to use it how and when you want. Bounce what you watch and want to save over to portable media, and watch it whenever you want. They can kill the programs outta their leased-to-you boxes, but cant remove the stuff from your portable devices.

Oh. And taking your torrents n such to caves? Wont happen. No power, no sun, no electronics. Wake up Humans. The Sky is falling! (and the birds. LOTS OF BIRDS!).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I did a quick google search and found that there are several places youtube included that you can watch these episodes.

Another side that has a consistent posting of these is ICEFILMS: www.icefilms.info...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Anyone remember VHS? Perhaps another reason it dropped into oblivion so quick?
They can't delete a VHS tape.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have them all recorded to an external hardrive so that when im in my underground bunker I will have something to watch. they are available online if you know where to look. if not pm me and Ill tell you that is if you want them.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I too can confirm this one....I HAD 3 episodes saved on my AT&T Uverse DVR, and once I saw this thread I checked....Low and behold, they are gone.....So not cool! I still hadn't had a chance to watch the Pentagon episode....Off to look for it online.....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Somewhat off-topic... but when you jailbreak an iPhone you can disable the Apple "Killswitch" which is a backdoor to your phone's functionality; basically makes it a brick at AT&T's bidding.

Control the masses, wet their beaks and later drown them in it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Interesting... Some of the ventura episodes were taken off the air in my area. I went to the comcast site, and they listed the episode at a certain time, and it never aired, I had to watch it on youtube. Comcast seems to get rid of these episodes in my area..Even the on-screen info bar for my comcast box showed the episode was supposed to be on, yet it wasn't.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I managed to watch all Jesse Ventura's conspiracies; quite frankly I never believed in any of them until I watched all his episodes one by one; thanks to him I'm now a little more open minded to suggestion of possibilities.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I agree. There is substance to his theories, but all too often when Jessie's on a boat or somethin getting scoped by law enforcement.. he'll scream out "I'm a former Governor!" but in actuality he's a guy in a boat/SUV encroaching on Federal land..

Still though, gov't secrecy will end this nation.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I too cann confirm this is true. All 4 of my episodes were deleted off my dvr. Tommorow I plan on calling direct tv and asking how/why this happened

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Practice safe torrenting guidelines (do your research, or you'll never learn), burn onto dvds if you like.. or stream effertlessly to a PS3 over your wifi network.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Honestly, I had not noticed until reading your post, but I had set this show to record. Yet, I have no recordings. HMMMM

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

OH SNAP... you just jogged my memory! So you know that show Freedom Watch? Well I've, on many occasions, told my Time Warner DVR box to record in series only episodes annotated as "New"; and to this day it's the only show I want to series record that won't ... well... do it. Never had a want to watch Conspiracy Theory, but there is:

Interactive Episode Guide • Conspiracy Theory w/Jesse Ventura

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Anyone wish to have all the videos of conspiracy they want, U2U me and i can give you step by step instructions. As someone previously posted, the torrent files are available. I have all Conspiracy shows from Jesse, Zeitgeist and others....

signed
helpful liberator ~

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join