It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory shows deleted from dvr's??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Conspiracy Theory shows deleted from dvr's??

www.infowars.com

Emails sent to Infowars.com and comments posted on Alex Jones’ flagship websites today provide multiple confirmations that episodes of Jesse Ventura’s popular truTV show Conspiracy Theory are disappearing from the DVRs of TiVo, Comcast, DirectTV and AT&T customers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is my first post and I searched and found nothing on ATS about this. If it is under the wrong section, please move it to the right one. If anyone was looking to get these, then you might want to go to youtube, convert the vids and save them to your computer in order to put them on dvd for later reference. I did already, before this happened, but isn't that crazy how people just recorded these episodes to their dvr's and suddenly they are deleted??

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Holy crap! I thought it was just me! I have comcast and have had multiple episodes disappear from my dvr.....wow.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yep, just checked my Comcast DVR and they are gone! @#*&#&(!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I thought it was just me. Anyone notice songs missing from their computers as well? Maybe I'm just losing it, but I would swear I had some songs on my computer that I ripped from the CDs. A few months later, I can't find them. I still have the CDs, so it was no big deal, but I know I ripped them, I know I didn't delete them, but they are gone.

I hope I didn't get off topic. It just seemed relevant to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
thats why they invented torrent

they cant delete the internet my friends

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

That's not the point. The point is that someone is accessing dvrs and deciding what we can and cant watch.

No s about torrents...

Edit for namecalling
edit on 5-1-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

*killswitch*
(or can they)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have DirecTV and all the shows I have recently recorded are still on my DVR. The "Water the new oil" and "911 Pentagon". I have a third which was a manual record of the BP episode due to DTV omitting the programming info after the Police State episode had been pulled from the air. It was weird as soon as they pulled the Police state one all of that time slot for 2 weeks on Fridays was "No info" in the guide. That was the only thing I have noticed so far. Keeping an eye out on them disappearing though.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Isn't there a time limit for how long something is kept or disk space limits that involve deleting older content? I could see a lot of this content which aired weeks ago dropping off of Tivos especially with the college bowl games (4 hours per game) getting recorded. I had tried recording a bunch of episodes of a non-conspiracy show to watch over the holidays when nothing was going to be on but it all got deleted because it needed the space.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

That's not the point. The point is that someone is accessing dvrs and deciding what we can and cant watch.

No s about torrents...

Edit for namecalling

I understand the problem

but, thats why information should be completely free to be shared online ... so, tyranny cant stop free speech

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Isn't there a time limit for how long something is kept or disk space limits that involve deleting older content? I could see a lot of this content which aired weeks ago dropping off of Tivos especially with the college bowl games (4 hours per game) getting recorded. I had tried recording a bunch of episodes of a non-conspiracy show to watch over the holidays when nothing was going to be on but it all got deleted because it needed the space.

That doesn't explain everyone coming across the same problem with one specific show though. Conspiracy Theory is the only show being deleted.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I DVR every episode of the show. I had the Police State episode on my DVR. Some friends were over one night and wanted to watch it, but when we to played it, 'Most Shocking' TV show was played instead in it's place. I thought it was weird, but did not think much of it at the time. Now seeing it is happening to multiple people is a bit suspicious in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I haven't noticed shows being deleted but its been an unordinarily long time since they've last recorded

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

No s about torrents...

Edit for namecalling

It's called DRM or Digital Rights Management. This ability is built in to anything where videos or songs are involved.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Originally posted by ararisq

That doesn't explain everyone coming across the same problem with one specific show though. Conspiracy Theory is the only show being deleted.

The thing is... can you still download these from itunes or someplace? Or are they being "expunged"?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Have your episodes that you TAPED gone?

I checked my TV listings (I have Comcast and a DVR) and I see no current future listings for JV'sCT

and here is an article I just found

tvovermind.zap2it.com...

Conspiracy theorists rejoice! You just might be right about this one! Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory is back on the air, but there is one episode that has - according to the tin-foil-hat wearing community - disappeared for ever as the result of Government censorship. The episode in particular was about FEMA camps, and the horrors the US Government has in store for you should disaster strike. Whether the material is true or not is completely up in the air, but the Government clearly doesn't want you to 'think' it is true - making this a ... thought crime?

this article also has the Fema Camp episode embedded

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes, there is a time limit, but you can change the settings on the DVR to turn that off and leave videos until you manually erase them, which is what mine is set to for Comcast anyway. But the Conspiracy Theory episodes is the only thing missing for me. I don't know about DRM, but I haven't had anything else deleted like that.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
All mine are still on my comcast dvr. Did you guys set your save settings to "save until I delete" instead of the default "save until space needed"

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I Just checked Mine, I recorded ALL episodes and they are all still there..
BUT I have my setting's set to delete when "I delete", Not when room is needed.
I also keep a close eye on HOW much space I have remaining.

Some of you might want to check your settings, I record only new episodes on a series recording. (on Comcast)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join