It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO encounter....or just a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I am not the sort of person to dwell on my past, or over things that I cannot change. My personality is one that tackles trouble or issues head on, figure out a solution and move forward. I do not let my emotions get the better of me (most of the time). Needless to say, not much gets me worked up. That's not to say that I do not get passionate about things I feel strongly about.

That being said, I would like to get something off my chest. This is something I have never told anyone. Not even those very close to me. I know that my family and friends would love me regardless, but they already give me lots of grief over my opinions on government, politics and other alternative issues. Unfortunately most of them are not open to discussions such as we have here on ATS. So if I dropped something like this on them I would probably end up forcibly attending a visit to a shrink.

This is how I remember it:

When I was 13 years old, I lived with my aunt in a small town in the Midwest. It was a quiet place, not much excitement except for school events and the occasional party that got out of hand. One night my Aunt left with my little cousin to go to a girl scout banquet. My younger brother was spending the weekend at my Mother's house in a different town, but not far away. So I was home alone. Even though I was involved in numerous sports, I developed a taste for cigarettes. So I stepped out the back door of the attached garage to have a smoke behind the shed. (My usual hiding place) The backyard is only about 50ft wide with privacy fences on each side, and 40ft deep with a chain-link fence enclosing it. Beyond the fence was tall prairie grass and a corn field that ran quite a ways back from there.

While I was smoking, I remember looking up to the sky to look around. I have always been curious about the great unknown of space (not necessarily UFO's) and the lack of light pollution usually allowed for a bright, clear view. That's when things changed a bit. Up over the corn and grass, a fricken UFO came overhead. It wasn't just a flashy, quick drive-by like most encounters. This thing couldn't have been more than 20ft above the tallest part of the house. It came from the south, slowly and gave off a light buzzing sound like an electrical device or something similar. It seemed to be triangular, but not like the videos or recent sightings. The edges were thick and rounded at the front point and edges. The sides were long, making me think it was not even close to a true triangle shape. There was one large round light under the front point, but it did not light-up brightly. It was more like a glow-in-the-dark green light that would not be visible unless it was very dark. For some reason I remember being very calm. I watched it go over the house, extinguished my smoke and I went inside the house. I never mentioned it to anyone.

The reason I bring it up now is because it has been bothering me a lot lately. Since around that time, I cannot remember any dreams, if I dream at all, except for this encounter. It plays over and over but my reaction changes each time to the site of this massive craft. One time I will just walk inside, another I will go crazy and run around the yard acting a fool.

This leads me to the heart of the matter. Was it just a dream? I know that no one person can tell me the truth but I have to ask. I always thought it was a dream and that I just have a weird imagination, but I specifically remember this happening. I remember the warm spring air and the smell of dank moisture that came off of the prairie grass.

Why is this the only dream I have or remember? Was it a dream?

I asked my cousin if she did go to such a banquet, and confirmed it. She even showed me the award she received at the banquet. My Aunt still lives in the same house and when I go there I feel strange. The memory is quite strong. Another strange but possibly irrelevant fact is that it was one year to the day that I moved to my Father's house in a different state.

Take it easy on me ATS, this is hard for me. But I hope you may be able to shed some light on a weird situation.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Good post and presented in the right way. You seem genuine and honest. I think you will get a good response.

These Triangular Craft I find the most interesting these days. Just too many sightings to ignore. Question is, military or otherwise?

How clearly do you remember the shape and details. Well enough to post a drawing of what you saw? I sort of get the idea from your description.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I remember the craft very well. It was not the typical triangle shape that I have seen recently on ATS. It was much more "bulkier".

I am not good with creating computer graphics, but I actually tried. Needless to say it didn't turn out to look at all what would do the craft justice. I am going to try again but I can't guarantee anything.

Either way, do you have any insight into this whether it's dreams or UFO?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

That's OK. Thank you for responding. If you wish I could do a graphic from a good description and some sketches. Just U2U me. Sometimes I think it helps to have a visual to jog the memory.

I'm at my office now until until I lock up at 9 PM AST. I could do a quick model after I get home and I enjoy doing stuff like that.

You should get a good response to this as people find it. These are the kind of posts people take seriously and are interested in.

Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Is this in the ballpark of the shape and appearance? This is the picture I have in my mind from your description.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

That is pretty dang close! Thanks a lot Blaine!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Your welcome. That seems to be in general a shape seen in many reports. Thanks again for sharing your account with us.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If you take that pic and stretch it out a little, from end to end, it would look a bit more like what I had seen. It looked a bit longer to me. But overall, your illustration is real close.

top topics

join