It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by drwtsn32

And yes, if the poles shifted completely they'd have to repaint everything. if it was a complete 180 degree flip, the numbers at the ends of the runways would need to be swapped. (eg, a 12/30 runway would become 30/12.)

This brings a question to my mind.
Would it half to stop at 180 degrees? what laws are there that might govern such a cosmic event.? What would stop two or even three flips from occuring? What if it just keeps flipp'in ?

What kind of flipp'in planet would we have then?
Our ancesters would be turning over in their graves.. Sorry.

link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
reply to post by Human_Alien

The only thing I can figure out is that they just are changing the names of the taxiways ....

www.tampaairport.com...

I do not discuss the fact magnetic poles are changing position ! that is another problem !
but here, why just in Tampa should it happen and not elsewhere ??? ....

But in a world of secrecy then why say anything at all? Do you think I'd notice? Or you? Or anyone in Tampa? The only ones who'd notice are the pilots and for all they know they could be cleaning up a flock of 10000 dead Flamingos .

So either way you slice it, it is an attention-seeking ploy. To warn us, worry us or confuse us. There really isn't too much in between.

link   

1) This is very unusual in light of the millions of animal die-offs the past few days

This has absolutely nothing to do with these animal die offs, the magnetic pole is constantly changing, even moving around 80kms in a day.

2) This is propaganda campaign to get us and keep us in a state of confusion (again, in light of the massive kill-off)

The only propaganda I am seeing is you spreading BS and ignoring anything that contradicts what you say.

Not only does the pole move around each and every day, it's current direction and speed has been known about since 2001. This s well as airport runways being repainted has been posted numerous times and you choose to ignore it, I guess you're happy to get information as long as it agrees with your beliefs.

edit on 5/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Off the top of my head I don't know how much the change has increased in rate (if at all) compared to previous years, but I have heard of this happening somewhat frequently (not that the same runway must be renumbered frequently, but various runways all over the world must be renumbered every now and then).

Well for around a hundred tears the poles moved about 11kms a year..
Now they are moving at 40kms a year... Quite a jump..

They may move back, they may speed up and cause a flip..
The main issue in this thread is simply that NO ONE knows...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
This brings a question to my mind.
Would it half to stop at 180 degrees? what laws are there that might govern such a cosmic event.? What would stop two or even three flips from occuring? What if it just keeps flipp'in ?

No, of course it wouldn't HAVE to be 180 degrees. But only a 180 degree change would result in the numbers on each end of the runway needing to be swapped exactly. If it was a 150 degree flip, a 12/30 runway would become a 33/15 runway.

The poles have flipped multiple times throughout Earth's history according to geology.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

They may move back, they may speed up and cause a flip..

I think also that lil part about, "Changes in the earths core" carrys at least a lil wieght.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The poles have flipped multiple times throughout Earth's history according to geology.

Yes, the last one being 780000 years ago..
Not sure how good our record keeping was back then so we don't have many details of what the effects were..

edit on 6-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think also that lil part about, "Changes in the earths core" carrys at least a lil wieght.

I don't see why..The Earth's axis wouldn't change and neither would our rotation speed.
So why would the core be effected.??

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

This has absolutely nothing to do with these animal die offs, the magnetic pole is constantly changing, even moving around 80kms in a day.

How the hell do you know Chad (in all this infinite wisdom you think you possess)? No one knows what's causing this. But you do? Why don't you get your tookus off the computer and get on over to National Wildlife Health Center and lend them a hand?

So you're doing a 2-fer-1 are ya? Debunking 2 situations in 1 thread.

You believe science too much. Science is in its infancy. And to me, they are going about this whole entire field (of science) inside out and upside down. Don't ask me to explain it. I can't.

Right now, they're trying to figure out if gravity is really what they thought/taught it to be. So.....save it. Don't tell me what 'they' say about Poles. Or shifts. Or Solar Cycles and especially what's killing all these fish and birds.

Science is NOT as difficult as they're making it out to be. Anyone should be able to understand it instantly. We shouldn't need schools and professors. That's how rumors start and stay. It's really barbaric. But that's for another topic. Another time.

End rant~

edit on 6-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I don't see why..The Earth's axis wouldn't change and neither would our rotation speed.

Well from what I read, the core is what is doing the effecting. causing this to happen. At the end of the article my man.
edit on 6-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The whole thing is getting a bit chicken little like...
The site has the damndest propensity for combining unrelated and completely disimilar data to come up with something sinister.
Winter is the killer....mostly...
The fish all died from a blast of colder weather cooling the water off too fast for them to take.
The Fish die off is not in any ways related to the bird die off.....
The chances of the same cause are not great.
All kinds of species suffer winter kill.
(thats why they call it winter kill)
Sure theres a thousand possibilities, but they are arrayed in descending order of probability....
lets wait to see what comes of all this.
The pole shift has been ongoing for ever....
Till something really radical occurs its business as usual!
IN MY POOR BUT HUMBLE OPINION................

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I hear you, ok for that what you say, but why just in Tampa then ?
must start going to paint everywhere else in the world - no ?
maybe you have a answer because I do not see it that way you do ....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ok show of hands. Who has read the whole article that Mr.human has so kindly provided?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well from what I read, the core is what is doing the effecting. causing this to happen. At the end of the article my man.

That I can understand..Core movement effecting the magnetic field..
I thought you meant the other way around..Sorry...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

How the hell do you know Chad (in all this infinite wisdom you think you possess)? No one knows what's causing this. But you do? Why don't you get your tookus off the computer and get on over to National Wildlife Health Center and lend them a hand?

I didn't say I knew what was causing the birds to die, I said I know that the magnetic field ISN'T causing it.

Why?

Because it's been moving at this rate since before 2001....Why haven't there been mass die off's of animals in the last 10 years? Answer that one sunshine, because right now, you are shaping things to fit your own beliefs, what kind of thinking is that?

Oh wait...

And to me, they are going about this whole entire field (of science) inside out and upside down. Don't ask me to explain it. I can't.

Critical think and logic is nside out and upside down...good for you.

Right now, they're trying to figure out if gravity is really what they thought/taught it to be. So.....save it. Don't tell me what 'they' say about Poles. Or shifts. Or Solar Cycles and especially what's killing all these fish and birds.

No, you save it.

You are distorting and squashing unrelated things to make them fit into your perceived beliefs, you come off as a ignorant fear monger when you do that.

Stop.

Think.

Analyse.

You're flying off the handle, jumping to conclusions and ignoring facts.

Science is NOT as difficult as they're making it out to be. Anyone should be able to understand it instantly. We shouldn't need schools and professors. That's how rumors start and stay. It's really barbaric. But that's for another topic. Another time.

I really have no idea what you're talking about here....are you saying everyone should just know and understand science.

Are you saying that something like physics should be dumbed down so that any old Neanderthal can understand it?

That's a great way to learn more about the world around us and move forward innit?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

edit on 6-1-2011 by ButterCookie because: duplicate post

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Here's what I've read:
www.o-fu-online.net... plus there's an entire thread on this in the Other Current Events Forum

Ya know, I keep thinking about the movie 2012, in how the scientists were warning the gov'ts about the Earth's changes and the pole shift in 2011....

Again, awesome thread Human Alien!

As the scientists on the History Channel's "Prophets of Doom" suggest, "Evolve or Perish: change how you think about things or die"
edit on 6-1-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Ok, so we are on the same page, cool cool.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The core is pivotal to everything. The core is what science thinks is gravity. The core is what's keeping us earthbound and animals on track. Not gravity.
That's why you can't stand on the Moon. There's no core (most likely artificial). It's not that it lacks gravity. And as soon as we ALL figure that out, the sooner we can graduate from this galactic kindergarten classroom.

I implore you to put down Popular Mechanics and open up some ancient texts. That's where you'll find secret forbidden knowledge. They KNEW the tricks (that we deem: secrets) They're not. They're just kept from us that's all.

So a pole shift is a major event. And this foo-foo of 'it happens all the time..." is a distraction laced with arrogance. We're just now entering into major changes.
I seriously doubt this Tampa artical is a non-incidental tidbit of news so take it for what (you think) it's worth.

Don't believe?
Your prerogative.
I'll still lend a hand to help if I can. I don't discriminate.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Error found on page. Can you re-post please?

Thanks

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join