It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

So what can we do about the shift? Not a darn thing! So why worry about it? Make adjustments as required and live on.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sorry but a pole Shift is likely

Of course it's likely, I never said it wasn't.

The question is when, it could be thousands of years away, I doubt it will happen in the next 50 years though.

and your wrong Chadwickus the Earth's Magnetic of the north has never moved liked this before.

Ah well that settles it then, I guess you've been around to see what it does the last 4 billion years have you?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Okay. The magnetic pole shifted. The PTB play this event down all the time. But isn't that a concern? Won't the core soon follow?

No the core will not follow soon... The sun flips it's magnetic poles once every 11 years yet we feel no effect of that here on Earth

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Chad? Confusion? Ha!

It's the old: If ya can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bullchit!

Maps are useless right now anyway because if I recall correctly, .Chile earthquake knocked us off kilter and I don't believe Rand McNally has come out with a new 'emergency' edition of their Atlas, have they?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No matter what else transpiers. This is one of the best heads up plays on ATS for 2011. Good job human.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Would you elaborate a little please (if for no other reason, to get my mind off this for a moment)?

MAGNETIC FLIPS

The earth generates its own magnetic field which periodically flips polarity over thousands of years. Paleomagnetism, the magnetic field and polarity found in ancient rock strata shows this flip has occurred throughout the history of our planet. Scientists report that such a polarity reversal may happen in the near future as the strength of earth’s magnetic field has been declining. Sometimes the field completely flips. The north and the south poles swap places. Such reversals, recorded in the magnetism of ancient rocks, are unpredictable. They come at irregular intervals averaging about 300,000 years; the last one was 780,000 years ago. Are we overdue for another? No one knows.

www.astrosciences.info...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

baffle them with bullchit!

Yes, I guess a lot of your threads are quite baffling...

Explains a few things though...

Maps are useless right now anyway because if I recall correctly, .Chile earthquake knocked us off kilter

1.26 microseconds is going to make a massive difference isn't it....

edit on 5/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Okay. The magnetic pole shifted. The PTB play this event down all the time. But isn't that a concern? Won't the core soon follow?

No the core will not follow soon... The sun flips it's magnetic poles once every 11 years yet we feel no effect of that here on Earth

True, but we also don't really know what effect that pole flip has on the sun..
It's not like there's any life or land mass there that we can monitor...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Then what does: The Federal Aviation Administration required the runway designation change to account for what a National Geographic News report described as a gradual shift of the Earth's magnetic pole at nearly 40 miles a year toward Russia because of magnetic changes in the core of the planet mean?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The only thing I can figure out is that they just are changing the names of the taxiways ....

www.tampaairport.com...

I do not discuss the fact magnetic poles are changing position ! that is another problem !
but here, why just in Tampa should it happen and not elsewhere ??? ....

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
No matter what else transpiers. This is one of the best heads up plays on ATS for 2011. Good job human.

Thank you randyss
although some may disagree but.........this ain't about popularity. It's about sharing information and some information (as we know) won't go out without a fight (from debunkers and the like).

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is interesting but nothing extraordinary at all. The magnetic poles are shifting -- we have known this for a long time. They must repaint the numbers on runways every now and then to account for this shift.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
That's really funny. My compass is pointing straight north as usual.
Nothing amiss here. What a laugh.

The laugh is on you
Because if the poles flipped and North became South your compass would still point to the magnetic north pole... except that it will be pointing south

If that confuses you take a magnet and move it around your compass

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwtsn32
This is interesting but nothing extraordinary at all. The magnetic poles are shifting -- we have known this for a long time. They must repaint the numbers on runways every now and then to account for this shift.

No? Say name the last time the poles shifted at it's current rate??

BTW, if the poles flip there will be an awfull lot of runways to repaint..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by backinblack

Seems I misread you, no there is no way of knowing exactly what will happen.

Stared..
Not much we can do about nature but would be nice to see some studies suggesting what a pole flip might mean to us..
It seems animals are more prone to magnetic disturbances outwardly but I have read some research dealing with magnetic effects on the human brain..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

\

Then what does: The Federal Aviation Administration required the runway designation change to account for what a National Geographic News report described as a gradual shift of the Earth's magnetic pole at nearly 40 miles a year toward Russia because of magnetic changes in the core of the planet mean?

I can only find the meaning of Oh Shhhhh_t

Oh sh_t - The Federal Aviation Administration required the runway designation change to account for what a National Geographic News report described as a gradual shift of the Earth's magnetic pole at nearly 40 miles a year toward Russia because of magnetic changes in the core of the planet .

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
No? Say name the last time the poles shifted at it's current rate??
BTW, if the poles flip there will be an awfull lot of runways to repaint..

Off the top of my head I don't know how much the change has increased in rate (if at all) compared to previous years, but I have heard of this happening somewhat frequently (not that the same runway must be renumbered frequently, but various runways all over the world must be renumbered every now and then).

And yes, if the poles shifted completely they'd have to repaint everything. if it was a complete 180 degree flip, the numbers at the ends of the runways would need to be swapped. (eg, a 12/30 runway would become 30/12.)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwtsn32

You know what's extraordinary. For an ordinary event, in light of all the secrets the PTB keep from us, we should wonder: why the news flash?
Who should care if it's no big deal?

It's one of two things (select one)
1) This is very unusual in light of the millions of animal die-offs the past few days
or
2) This is propaganda campaign to get us and keep us in a state of confusion (again, in light of the massive kill-off)

There is absolutely no reason why the MSM would decide to tell the whole wide world that a fairly small airport is undergoing a runway paint job. Not when the Elite controls the media.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yrwehere1

So what can we do about the shift? Not a darn thing! So why worry about it? Make adjustments as required and live on.

You're right. That's why we have ATS.
It's something to do-- when there's something to do--- yet you can't.
Didn't you get that memo?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Its not uncommon for airports to do this periodically because magnetic north is always moving. However if we are truley about to have a pole shift, something modern man has never experienced, I do expect widespread hysteria. I just pray if it happens in my lifetime that, 1. We can survive and 2. The Gov't doesn't declare Martial Law.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join