It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

So stop freaking.... Because if there was a true drastic magnetic variance shift trust me....it would HALT all air traffic all over the world...not just affect the numbering of one runway....

Forget the runway stuff.
We've had more than enough posts explaining that.
The magnetic pole movement HAS drastically increased and THAT'S the real story here..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Ok....well either way... Air traffic would be affected on a MUCH larger scale than changing a runway number. When all air traffic stops...then start worrying.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Okay. The magnetic pole shifted. The PTB play this event down all the time. But isn't that a concern?

What is there to play down? The magnetic pole has always been shifting,it is no secret. Have a look at any decent map, it will show how much it varies from true north, and how much it changes each year
en.wikipedia.org...

Like everything else, there's a deliberate hush-down on this matter and we are very much being kept in the dark.

No, you are just showing your ignorance

Chemtrail cocktail anyone

Showing more ignorance, there is no such thing!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

No one seem too concerned about discussing that side of things it seems...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
When i first started learning to fly back in the early 90's in Blackpool airport, UK, my flying instructor told me that blackpool airport runway had a number change on its runways in the past. The main runway is 28/10 and this used to be a degree different many years back.

As weedwhacker said it,s normal for this to happen over time. So i dont think there is anything major to be worried about here. It has been necessary in many airports across the globe at some stage.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

No one seem too concerned about discussing that side of things it seems...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well I don't mind discussing it..
In the previous 100 years the magnetic poles moved an average of 11 kms per year.
Now, as you state in your thread, they are moving at 40 kms per year.
That's quite a difference..
I wouldn't say it's causing the animal die offs but it definitly warrants watching..

The magnetic north pole moves around all the time, up to and over 80 kilometres in a day, now that is a lot, especially compared to the 40 kilometres a year it is reported to be travelling.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

But why now?

This data was collected in 2001.

If there was a sudden jerk as they call it, it would be seen by more than one of the research stations up there.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

But why now?

This data was collected in 2001.

If there was a sudden jerk as they call it, it would be seen by more than one of the research stations up there.

Not sure it's a sudden jerk or a constant acceleration..
Your thread doesn't really give that info..
But it is true by some of your own diagrams that the shift has accelerated..

You speak of 2001 like it was long ago.
In Earth time it was yesterday..
Why us sheeple were not made more aware of the acceleration, I have no idea.
Maybe they keep things out of the spotlight till a situation like Tampa brings it to the fore.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

2001 is a long time ago when people try to pin things in 2011 to it, besides, has there even been a link established between all these deaths yet?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

2001 is a long time ago when people try to pin things in 2011 to it, besides, has there even been a link established between all these deaths yet?

Please read my posts..
I do not say the die offs are linked because I don't know..
What others try to PIN to events in 2011 is not my doing..

The acceleration is what I am interested in and what it's affects may be.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Well, in my thread I've linked to where you can get all the data for the magnetic field, if there's something up with it, it'll be there.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks mate..I have looked at it..
Will keep checking in

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TolanIsMaximus

If a high pressure area is centered south of you, the wind will be from the west or possibly southwest, ehich in coastal oregon should mean an onshore wind. And Salem's McNary Field is plenty big enough for airline traffic, although at this time there is no scheduled airline serice there. Finally, you most likely didn't see a contrail because the jet was low. When water vapor exits a jet engine it is pretty hot, on the order of 1200 F. So it takes a pretty cold ambient temperature to flash freeze something that hot. In Oregon right now, the -35 C level is about 18,000 feet.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo3
reply to post by sir_slide

More like China & Japan.

You AUzzies, NZ, Southern Continent of Africa and North America would fare the best of the worst. Most if not all of Asia would be the arctic circle and from the Falkland Islands to Pitcairn Islands, Chile Argentina, Uruguay would be the Antactic.

Where I live in Tennessee, we would be where Venezuela is. (Viva Chavez!:lol

Whoa! The Arctic Circle is defined ndirectly by the TRUE north pole - 90 degrees latitude - not the magnetic pole. It is defined as being higher in latitude than 63.5322 degrees North latitude. The lat/long of places don't shift with the change in magnetic declination. So no place is going to suddenly jump into the Arctic Circle, or cross the equator.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It amazes me that this is not being discussed on the Main News Channels, are governments stopping new channels from releasing this? Mind you it would not surpirse me if they are. They are all in it for themselves.

This would explain all the birds dying, the fish dying, crabs dying as well. The heavy snow falls, the change in the weather etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

There is evidence that that has happened. Who's to say that if the magnetic core shifts, why wouldn't the Earth's crust (that we live on) soon follow? To balance the equilibrium of the Earth. If the shift is no big deal and happens all the time, then why wouldn't a phenomenon such as the Earth's crust shifting to correct itself with the magnetic poles? It has happened before and its a "Normal occurrence" isn't it?
There's geological evidence. What if it happens in our lifetime? For years everyone I would talk to about strange happenings or asked a plain "What if the life and world we know now suddenly ended?" I'm not saying the planet Earth would cease to exist, but I'm saying this life, society, geographical boundaries, traditions, shopping, etc... suddenly ended? Every response got was "I'm sure the world will end. But not in our life time." What if that time is now or in the next 10 years? Are we going to continue to live our lives as people did before? In complacency, apathy and nay saying? The future is here now. We have grown leaps and bounds in technology and the Earth has been changing in the last 11 years. What if that far future date is now?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

No one want's to link any of this. Everything is very downplayed to keep us from actually being alarmed and actually going out and do something about everything that is going on. We all take a passive stance, whether some of us question things or not. We all take the same stance as the sheeple. The sheeple don't talk, we do and we ALL do nothing.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo3
reply to post by 4nsicphd

There is evidence that that has happened. Who's to say that if the magnetic core shifts, why wouldn't the Earth's crust (that we live on) soon follow? To balance the equilibrium of the Earth. If the shift is no big deal and happens all the time, then why wouldn't a phenomenon such as the Earth's crust shifting to correct itself with the magnetic poles? It has happened before and its a "Normal occurrence" isn't it?
There's geological evidence. What if it happens in our lifetime? For years everyone I would talk to about strange happenings or asked a plain "What if the life and world we know now suddenly ended?" I'm not saying the planet Earth would cease to exist, but I'm saying this life, society, geographical boundaries, traditions, shopping, etc... suddenly ended? Every response got was "I'm sure the world will end. But not in our life time." What if that time is now or in the next 10 years? Are we going to continue to live our lives as people did before? In complacency, apathy and nay saying? The future is here now. We have grown leaps and bounds in technology and the Earth has been changing in the last 11 years. What if that far future date is now?

Im not aware of any evidence that as magnetic poles wander or swap places that this causes land masses to move or change. There is evidence that our land masses wander but where do you get the idea that this is due to the magnetic poles influence?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo3

Denial, to some extent, is comforting.
Paranoia on the other hand, is unhealthy.

I believe there's a healthy middle ground.
Live in the moment with a positive uncertainty.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
WAIT JUST A SECOND. WAIT!

I did a really fast google search on "magnetic north shifts towards russia" AND someone is getting their facts wrong. A lot of people, apparently.

Some websites are reporting a pole change of 40 miles per year.
www.miamiherald.com...

OTHERS are reporting 25 miles per year (40km) per year. The National Geographic article from 2005 said 25miles.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

As well as THIS article from My Fox Tampa Bay
www.myfoxtampabay.com...

So which is it?
I feel its 25 miles, and some idiots read it wrong, and some other idiots said it was 40 because thats a bigger number
.-Laura

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join