It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
reply to post by Human_Alien

Have you chosen to ignore the information offered forward by Weedwhacker?

I think he really provided some great insight, which only an active pilot would have.

Weedwhacker is ignoring or isn't aware of the fact that the speed of the shift has jumped from 11kms/year to 40kms/year..
He was talking about the past..Not relevant ATM...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

TPA (and Sea-Tac) are actually the only airports I have flown in and out of, and yes its an International Airport.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Fair enough. But he did provide references to other airports having to do this in recent history, and the reasoning.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I really appreciate your lengthy explanation (as always) but.....have airports ever publicly announced it before?

"They" can say all they want. That it's common. That's it natural. That it's under control.

Fortunately many are getting wise to their tactics and antics to the point where, few believe 'em anymore. We are finally thinking for ourselves and have broken away from the herd. So if the Shepard tells them to steer right, we instinctively know they should go left. That's just the way it is. Take it or leave it but DON'T deny it Weed. Not here. Not now. Please.

So, Tampa's magnetic pole shifted, animals are dying by the millions, chemtrails are inundating our skies and..............everything is peachy!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I just noticed it today. I decided to take a peak at it after reading a theory on what is speculated to have caused the bird kills in AK. It was around 1-3p EST in CT. Right now it seems to be behaving correctly.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Related article from National Geographic 2005.

Contrary to tbo (Tampa Bay Online) link in my prior post, this article states shift of pole is 25 miles per year, not 40.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

More: (sorry peeps)

Pole shifting is a fascinating and important process in geological history, but will have nothing to do with the Mayans or with 2012.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 5-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Yes.....

If I may, you also need to add the distinction between Magnetic North and True North.

"True North" is the actual, geographical "physical" axis of rotation. Of course, it's an "imaginary" line....but, the Earth is massive, and thus that axis, relative to the overall mass of the planet, is fixed geographically.

Depending on your location, which line of longitude you are at, when you "look" up North (it works same in the southern hemisphere, only with the South Pole, of course) the "direction" from where you are, to the True North Pole, lies exactly along one line of longitude. To make it simple here, imagine you have moved to be EXACTLY on the meridian of 82 degrees, 32 minutes West. (You can refer to the TPA Airport Diagram in my previous post, since that line is drawn on that Chart).

Up near the top of that Chart is listed the "magnetic variation" figure...."4.8 West". That is the subtended angle, from that location, to the North Magnetic Pole. These values are known, and accounted for by the software in the systems you mentioned, in your post. So, for pilots navigate, is generally referenced to magnetic north. The units "know" their heading based on True North, and then add/subtract (as appropriate) the variation, to display on the instruments the proper magnetic heading information.

Even before GPS, when we just had Inertial Navigation...it TOO was based on geographical-related True North....and it "knew" the local magnetic variation (also called "declination") for every spot on Earth. It is the same today, the GPS is just far more accurate, as it provides precise updating capability to the basic Inertial Reference mechanisms and computations. (Earlier versions used physical gyroscopes, spinning at high rotational velocities...and the "precession" that they underwent with acceleration of movement. Today, they use non-moving parts...well, light actually....it moves....called "Laser Ring Gyros". Same principal, the laser light beams bounce in mirrors, in a "circular" pattern, and the deflection of the beam is precisely measured, as the unit is subjected to accelerations in different directions). Pretty clever, eh???

In case you're interested, typical Inertial Reference System control panel, for a triple installation (Boeing commonly):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61319eae617f.jpg[/atsimg]

It is in the "lights test" mode, there....but the digital numbers display segments are normal LEDs, and display according to what's chosen by that rotary selector. (The other three selctors are, of course, the "On/Off" switches).

Up there (it's located on the overhead panel) it only displays in True....down on the forward instrument panel, display is magnetic. Although, you can flip a switch, to display TRUE....this is for those rare times when you are WAY North (or South)....beyond about N80 -- S80 degrees latitude. (But depends on longitude location). Navigation criteria change, up(down) there, since magnetic references are unreliable.
edit on 5 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I don't even know if this will effect my toilet bowl water.

I love it! I'm with you human. I'll be so happy when all this over, and sorted out.

It's too freaky for mah fragile brain.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Related article from National Geographic 2005.

Contrary to tbo (Tampa Bay Online) link in my prior post, this article states shift of pole is 25 miles per year, not 40.

Yes, the article says 40klms, which is 25 miles..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Solar flares, magnetic shifts - hey doesn't a solar flare cause magnetic rifts?

Seems to me I remember a year where they just came out and said hey folks expect sun spots, it is going to mess up the tvs for a while might crash power grids. This was before computers. They blamed a lot of strange stuff on "the sun spots" maybe the early 1980s? Anyone remember?

You would think the MSM would just grab at something like this, Oh folks it was just a solar flare it just messes the little things up . . . just move along - and not come up with fireworks and nonsense statements.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
This is not a geographic relocation of the poles people, we are talking about the magnetic poles. Even if the magnetic north pole moved to South Africa, It does not put those located near the equator right now, any further away.

It would mess up current navigation for humans/instruments and animals like birds, though.

Here's the thing (and please, I am NOT trying to peddle fear)...........has this ever occurred while our Sun is so unpredictable before? The answer is, we DON'T know.

So if complacency helps you get through this then, I almost envy you.

I will stay vigilant and keep an eye on these HUGE CMEs, dying animals, chemtrail spraying and the poles shifting (and try to keep abreast of the goings-on up in DC too)

Because if these are the active ingredients we're working with then I can't imagine a very good product.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I was startled by the word Fallout being used, so I did a quick search and found Van Allen radiation belt
Just putting this on the post in case anyone else is interested or startled by the word Fallout.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Amazing, thankyou for the validation.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I really appreciate your lengthy explanation (as always) but.....have airports ever publicly announced it before?

Dollars to donuts says that TPA simply announced that they were closing this runway, and the journalist asked why and decided that it was interesting enough to merit this article.

"They" can say all they want. That it's common. That's it natural. That it's under control.

Well, it's not "under control", because it's not something that's controllable, but it is common, it is natural, and it's not something to worry about.

So, Tampa's magnetic pole shifted

Tampa has its own magnetic pole?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Well, it's not "under control", because it's not something that's controllable, but it is common, it is natural, and it's not something to worry about.

So I guess it will be easy for you to show us where in the past this common shift has sped up so dramatically and if it will continue to accelerate or reverse and stop..??

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Darn I was in the middle of writing a thread on this very topic.
I'll finish what I have tomorrow

Here is a peak, No I wont put it into perspective or add context.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5cdd9aa3b2cb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ok I have to say that this is a key reason why panic and chaos ensue when people post stuff like this. I did a little research on it myself and this is hardly new news. This shift has been occurring since at least 2005 or earlier see the report here from a very reliable source National Geographic.

As for the runway designation change this checks out too, but I don't think they are closing the airport just a few runways. I highly doubt they would shut down the whole airport.

www.tampaairport.com...
edit on 1/5/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by adjensen

So I guess it will be easy for you to show us where in the past this common shift has sped up so dramatically and if it will continue to accelerate or reverse and stop..??

Sure, why not:
written in 2003:

www.nasa.gov...

Scientists have long known that the magnetic pole moves. James Ross located the pole for the first time in 1831 after an exhausting arctic journey during which his ship got stuck in the ice for four years. No one returned until the next century. In 1904, Roald Amundsen found the pole again and discovered that it had moved--at least 50 km since the days of Ross. The pole kept going during the 20th century, north at an average speed of 10 km per year, lately accelerating "to 40 km per year," says Newitt. At this rate it will exit North America and reach Siberia in a few decades. Keeping track of the north magnetic pole is Newitt's job. "We usually go out and check its location once every few years," he says. "We'll have to make more trips now that it is moving so quickly."

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

What I was attempting to highlight was the IRONY of it having been touted as a devastating event.

I was simply pointing out that this is obviously not the case.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Here is a great thread on the topic posted right here on ATS. 2007

Is The Earth Changing Its Rotation?

There seems to be some fairly decent science behind this anomaly. For more information you can go to this site:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join