It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

And That,My Good Sir,Is A Fact!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the diagrams, very clear.

I'm no aviation expert, but surely they would be trained to re-align an aircraft by a few degrees once coming down towards the airport through just eyesight and training? If it's only a degree or two, surely the airport's planning would allow for slight, natural fluctuations in pole shift, instead of re-painting the lines all the time?

The fact that they are changing the lines, to me, shows that even with the planning allowance of 'regular' rates of pole shift, that the speed of these changes has been more significant than normal. Either that or poor planning!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
What a lot of people don't realise is that these shifts happen often (in earths history), the last one was about 700,000 years ago, and our ancestors survived. In fact there is no evidence that geomagnetic reversal has any effect on living creatures.

That's because there hasn't been one of these in modern times.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

If we seen it in our lifetime, highly doubtful it would change our lifestyles dramatically. There will always be greed and governments, poverty and the lower classes.

I don't know what effect it would have on the weather, but as I said, our ancestors survived the last one, and I think we are better equipped than them

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
That's because there hasn't been one of these in modern times.

We know that there was one roughly about 700,000 years ago, when man, or at least our ancestors (Homo-erectus, etc) were walking the planet, if they hadn't survived, we wouldn't be here.

Also, lets face it, 700,000 years ago is fairly modern given the age of the Earth, lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I promise you I was not even thinking that I was teaching a lesson. What I was doing was just giving you a little advice here. I guess you can think whatever your heart desires, Just remember Google is your friend, and you may want to use it sometime.

link   
I think that is exactly what's going on with the bird die off and fish as well.

It's Called a GeoMagnetic Pole Reversal. It's in the Nature of our Solar system to do this every 24,000 years I believe. It happens with all the planets in our system. Study Geo Planetary Alignments. Nasa knows this # and I wonder why it would be kept from the Public.

Fear Not People, The World is Not Ending. Nature is just running it's course in our Solar System. This is a one system deal people. Nothing to worry about unless yer stupid!!!! LOL. Just Joking people. This is for everyone so that they don't fear the InEvitable. A Solar System that runs as it's supposed to folks.

Peace, will be re-aligning from now to 2012 Dec 21st.

Your Friend Muzeamy, Namaste, Bliss and Redemption.

link   
reply to post by LunaStarr

You are welcome!
that is true...as far as i know the paintings on the runway arent 100% essential.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Muzeam

yeah,we are already talking about that...read the previous posts will ya'?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

The green water was a prank by an artist known for doing that.

I would not get so jumpy with fear at this point. Something is certainly happening but you need to get a grip and stop thinking that it's the end of the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yup,nothing to worry about really...its not like we need electricity to survive...everything is going to be dandy...yup yup.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
One would think the paintings are for emergency purposes and aircraft without proper instrumentation.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I think you're missing your calling.

If I were you, I'd contact Alex Trebeck tomorrow cause you'd be a fine addition to the Double Jeopardy Final Round.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

great i am flying there next week

link   

Originally posted by Muzeam
It's Called a GeoMagnetic Pole Reversal.

We know thats what this thread is about

It's in the Nature of our Solar system to do this every 24,000 years I believe.

Actually, it's believed the last one on Earth was 700,000 years ago

Nasa knows this [snipped by woogle] and I wonder why it would be kept from the Public.

Not really, it's common, public knowledge that the poles reverse, nothings being hidden

Nature is just running it's course in our Solar System.

No, nature is running it's course on Earth, the earths core is responsible for the magnetic field.

EDIT: Weird, when I quoted you it had the s word, hence why I snipped it, now it has a # sign, but you didn't edit....is that the ATS filter at work??
edit on 6/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Yup,nothing to worry about really...its not like we need electricity to survive...everything is going to be dandy...yup yup.

Magnetosphere storms dont necessarily cause eletro-magnetic pulses. So Yes,everything WILL be Dandy lol

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They are shifting yes...thats been known for at least two decades and is 'old news' by comparison....but north is not south and south is not yet north..so they havent _'shifted'_ yet, as THAT is the culmination of a reversal...a complete north-south REVERSAL. Scientists arent even sure if this is anything more than an excursion yet - if the pole will return to its original locaiton or not.

Even if they do spontaneosly reverse overnight..which they wont....so what?
Its happened before and life has gone on!

In order to reduce your panic about what you think *might* happen..you need to do some reasearch...get an understanding of what is is AND what it isnt!

A geomagnetic reversal is a change in the orientation of Earth's magnetic field such that the positions of magnetic north and magnetic south become interchanged. These events, which typically last a few hundred to a few thousands years, often involve an extended decline in field strength followed by a rapid recovery after the new orientation has been established.

Over very long periods, geomagnetic reversals seems to have occurred with a frequency of 1 to 5 events per million years; however, this duration is highly variable. During some periods of geologic time (e.g. Cretaceous long normal), the Earth's magnetic field is observed to maintain a single orientation for tens of millions of years. Other events seem to have occurred very rapidly, with more than one reversal in 50,000 years. The last reversal was the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal approximately 780,000 years ago.

Based upon the study of lava formations in Hawaii, it has been deduced that the Earth's magnetic field reverses at intervals, ranging from tens of thousands to many millions of years, with an average interval of approximately 250,000 years. The last such event, called the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal, occurred some 780,000 years ago.

Regardless of the cause, when magnetic "North" reappears in the opposite direction this is a reversal, whereas turning off and returning in the same direction is called a geomagnetic excursion.

So if you want to know not just speclate about what the effects are or might be..go look at the geological and plant/animal history of the time period around 780.000 years ago...and plese take note that life on the planet has continued since....or else you wouldnt be here to panic!

Scientist arent denying the poles are shifting and changing...they're just ' yeah so.'...well may are. This one is, as the only link I can find between pole shift and immediate 'doomsday' senarios is in the mind of hollywood producers.

This man: en.wikipedia.org... Shackleton did not that the reveresals affect our relationship to the sun - our orbit - and the same has affects on ocean sea floor temps - climate changes-...but even he makes no hint of a mention of life on earth being doomed day after tomorow style.

Even after what is presumed to be an "axis shift" of up to 4 degrees in the late pharonic periods...nothing stopped..life continued.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

Effects on biosphere and human society

Because the magnetic field has never been observed to reverse by humans with instrumentation, and the mechanism of field generation is not well understood, it is difficult to say what the characteristics of the magnetic field might be leading up to such a reversal.

Some speculate that a greatly diminished magnetic field during a reversal period will expose the surface of the Earth to a substantial and potentially damaging increase in cosmic radiation. However, Homo erectus and their ancestors certainly survived many previous reversals.

There is no uncontested evidence that a magnetic field reversal has ever caused any biological extinctions. A possible explanation is that the solar wind may induce a sufficient magnetic field in the Earth's ionosphere to shield the surface from energetic particles even in the absence of the Earth's normal magnetic field.[11]

LINK: en.wikipedia.org...

You want something to be paniced about..then take a look at that last little bit..about the ionosphere...this little snippet of intel is why we have to stop HAARP...they are messing with THAT process and could very well REALLY doom us all.

R

edit on 6-1-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

link   
This is all very interesting, but....there is a reason I do not get my information from "news" sites like "Sign of the Times"

link   

Originally posted by LunaStarr

The fact that they are changing the lines, to me, shows that even with the planning allowance of 'regular' rates of pole shift, that the speed of these changes has been more significant than normal. Either that or poor planning!

Good point but don't help by giving them an excusable reason for gawd sake! Let them come up with their own lying rhetoric.

But I do like your point though!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaStarr

Yes...a degree or two is very insignificant, in normal flying. It is about, though, the technicality and the increasing accuracy that they can survey the airport property. One degree, especially fractions? Pffft! For the pilots.....

.....however, in some cases....and especially when teaching someone the basics, well --- you may tell a student as he/she plans the cross country flight to measure and plot, on their charts, very precisely....and to strive for accuracy in heading control to maintain the predicted magnetic heading, in order to fly the course...but, this is just instilling the basics into a person, as they are learning. WITH PRACTICE and experience, it becomes more second nature. (We also teach the importance of that little-used device, that is required equipment, requires no electricity, and is virtually fail-proof....the "wet" compass. There are entire lessons devoted to using it, in turns, and descents, and climbs and when accelerating/decelerating....because the compass is affected by the airplane motion. It is only accurate when in straight-and-level unaccelerated flight). I'll see if there's something online about it.....

Ah! Here, love the Internet sometimes!! ALL the stuff in many flying handbooks and training manuals, except now it's right at your fingertips for sharing, to teach others with!!

www.allstar.fiu.edu...

One thing that is (or used to be anyway) taught is the very basid "dead reckoning" technique. ("dead" is really short for the "ded"- in "deduced".....). en.wikipedia.org...

But, this is digression....because landings are a visual beast .... yes, even "autolandings", by professionals, with professional-level equipment, in controlled circumstances....a pilot (usually the Captain, as most airlines follow the procedure protocols) MUST have certain visual cues in sight, as the autoflight system conducts the landing...or else, a go-around is immediately initiated.

As noted earlier, at Tampa....the actual surveyed runway heading has been greater than the "cross-over" for re-numbering, for some time. It was "on the cusp", and not particularly vital to change....just, the decision was made. In fifty years, it may change back! Or, not.

At many other airports, where the runway heading is already very close to a "cardinal" number, within the "magic" ten degrees, then it would be a BIG change required for the magnetic pole variation to affect the "new" runway magnetic heading significantly enough to re-number it.....

You have to remember that most of thee airports were laid out and built decades ago....before the sort of precision surveying, to include GPS accuracy, that we have today.

edit on 6 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join