It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

The MAIN danger, I believe, will be fore magnetically-oriented life forms, and for the Magnetic Field of the earth, which protects us from highly charged particles from the Sun -- it will shut down or weaken for a decade or perhaps tens of decades while the poles re-align.

That isn't a dooms-day scenario; but it can mean more Ultra-Violet light for a while, which will kill off amphibians, and cause skin cancers. It will also ruin long-wave radio transmissions and perhaps some electronics.

>> MY EVIDENCE: The pole switch has happened MANY times in earth history, and there are not huge die-off of plants and animals, otherwise die-off events would coincide -- but they don't.

Thank you. Again someone who is paying attention here.

All those who dismiss what's happening by claiming the poles are always shifting are ignoring the fact that at some point there will be a period of instability where earth will be more susceptible to damage from solar activity.

Yes, it's likely nothing more significant will occur than what has occurred in the past, that's a fair method of prediction. However, it is possible that the Earth never encountered large enough CME's during those periods of weakness to have recorded any significant effect.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by yadda333

I don't think many people would agree that knowledge is stagnant.

Knowledge is Universal and constant. Like electricity. The Electric Universe. That doesn't mean it's stagnant. So not sure why you came up with that word.

Also, I didn't flame your definition of 'what is'....not sure why you did mine.

Maybe you should consider: People evolve at different times, at different intervals, with different levels of understandings while...coexisting at the same time on one planet.

If this is too esoteric for you then, just use it as food for thought

I really want to understand what you're talking about. When you say knowledge is universal and constant do you mean that every individual, regardless of what time period (now or 100k years ago), has access to the same knowledge?

edit on 1/6/2011 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
reply to post by Human_Alien

Speaking of chemtrail cocktail...They hit Austin Tx all day today

Really? How bad? How long did it last (that you were aware of)?

I think that is the biggest (I can't even think of a word......"event'?) that gets me the most angered. And generally I'm a pretty mellow person.
But I feel my insides boiling when I see this. It incenses me like nothing ever before. That AND....the fact that people just scurry about and don't even notice them (because 99% of the people have their eyes focused on their hand-held gadgets now). And of course the debunkers on here. But now.....?......I know they are dis-informants so I've learned to ignore them all.

Keep me apprised please. I am curious. Thanks!

(Austin gets hit a lot. Wondering if they're targeting Alex Jones
)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I really want to understand what you're talking about. When you say knowledge is universal and constant do you mean that every individual, regardless of what time period (now or 100k years ago), has access to the same knowledge?

Absolutely!
Modern man has just forgotten it.
We were born with this knowledge. Instinctual knowledge. Not classroom intellect.

My understanding for the reason/cause is....our DNA. We're only using 2 strands instead of the 12 strands we were designed with (and there's a lot of speculation as to why but I won't go into that now. Not here)

So what does science do with such a conundrum? They dismiss it as 'junk DNA' and move on to something else until they hit another wall.

It's really not that complicated.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

My understanding for the reason/cause is....our DNA. We're only using 2 strands instead of the 12 strands we were designed with (and there's a lot of speculation as to why but I won't go into that now. Not here)

So what does science do with such a conundrum? They dismiss it as 'junk DNA' and move on to something else until they hit another wall.

We usually find EVERYTHING in our body is there for a reason..
Years ago the medical world saw no reason the have Tonsils or Appendix and took them out at the first sign of illness.
Now they realise they are there for a reason and avoid removal where possible..
I'm sure someday they will find a reason for the extra DNA strands..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is going to be controversial. According to some, our planet has a depression that turns into a large opening into what is called the Hollow Earth. Hollow Earth theorists state that because this hole is there (about 600 miles wide, perhaps, if memory serves), there is no physical location on land for the North Pole, for the hole creates a situation where the location would be out in open space, centered on the hole. In other words, were there land there, sure, you could plant a flag. However, the great opening means that there is empty space there.

There are few satellite photos of this region, and the ones available tend to look doctored to cover the hole. Usually this is accomplished by basic photographic techniques in which that region (where the hole is) looks blurred with white and perhaps some light grays.

In the last few years, FOIA requests revealed the existence of a secret space program. The names of astronauts not publicly known were discovered. PBS even had a documentary about this. Some theorists assert that NASA has known (and other agencies, organizations and governments) have known about this opening and have covered it up in order to preserve our way of life, for knowledge of this would surely (they believe(d) would surely spiral surface dwellers into hysteria, panic and chaos. The members of the secret space program, among other missions, attempted to enter this opening via the X-15 and subsequently the SR-71. The pretense of the Cold War with Russia gave reason for a military build-up and a valid reason to surround the Arctic Circle with the tightest RADAR net and arsenal of weapons (ICBMs) ever known.

The reason for point all of this out is to explain that there is no physical location for the north pole. Therefore, the northern most LAND point is a large circle around the opening. It's more of a North CIRCLE. Going further would only provide confusing readings. Airliners are not permitted to truly cross the north pole for "navigational reasons." Sure. If they tried, their instruments would seem to go bonkers and they would slowly be flying the airliner into the inner side of the planet, according to the Hollow Earth Theory. Which brings us back to the SR-71. It's *supposed* clandestine mission was to fly into this large opening and take photographs of the land areas of the *true nemesis* of the COLD War ----hostile beings from the inner Earth, perhaps responsible for the dozens of thousands of people who go missing every year (?). The name "COLD War" is appropriate since aggression would come from the Arctic Circle, the opening, and not really across it from the USSR. In fact, they were defending themselves too. Mutually assured destruction did not mean USA vs USSR. It meant USA & USSR vs INNER EARTH. If true, this is one of the greatest secrets ever kept.

There is a book called "The Phantom of the Poles" that goes into greater detail about the situation in the Arctic Circle. I have read excerpts. It's apparently rare and forces tried to keep it from getting published back in the 1950s (or whenever it was written).

If this interests you enough to research, simply google OPERATION HIGHJUMP (yes, that went to ANTarctica, but Admiral Byrd (the commander) had been to both poles as an explorer, and in a newspaper interview given after the enigmatic and surprise retreat from Antarctica months before the mission was due to end, Byrd stated something to the effect of, "We will have to face an enemy that can FLY FROM POLE TO POLE in a matter of hours."

There are indeed a lot of anomalies concerning the opening on top of our world, if should really exist. Ancient Native-American (Eskimo and Inuit) tales tell of "cities glowing brightly in the sky" and how the land, sea and sky mysteriously seem to "combine" when you go far to the north. This would be rather visually confusing for travelers slowly descending into the depression, for at some point the land ahead dips down and you can look forward and up and see other LAND and WATER features from what seems to be the sky from your vantage point, but is actually the other side of the opening. Depending on the cloud conditions, this might be hazy, foggy, obscured. Either way, it must be a dazzling sight that begs a person to question reality.

So, therefore, if Hollow Earth Theory is true, there is not true, physical North Pole, and the pole would seem to constantly shift over the years, or drift, depending on a long scale cycle and/or the whims of Earth's magnetic field's divergence.

Or, perhaps a bunch of people got drunk and took in state-altering hallucinogenics and came up with Hollow Earth Theory. LOL... Either way, it is interesting to think about the possibility of this impossibility being true. After all, we are victims of the education provided to us. Growing up and *learning* --how could, why would a child question this, right? So, we have our beliefs based on our world theory which came from text books written by a small few. Before quickly dismissing, it might be eye-opening to look into this and do some research. The only reason we believe the world is not hollow is because we were shown pictures in text books and told that it has a molten core. This day, there are many textbooks that have gotten the date of Pearl Harbor incorrect, and worse.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Absolutely!
Modern man has just forgotten it.
We were born with this knowledge. Instinctual knowledge. Not classroom intellect.

So you wouldn't classify mundane things like tool making techniques or language with the type of knowledge you are talking about?

edited for clarification:

Basically, we're talking about knowledge that we haven't even discovered yet (which is why I didn't include tools and stuff).

edit on 1/6/2011 by yadda333 because: clarification

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Controversial to some. Resonates with me. Not sure it's 100% accurate but there's way too much (legendary?) interest in this phenomenon (with Hitler too) to just ignore it.

People have speculated that our core is actually another star (sun). Which then goes into the theory that our core is actually what modern man.... thinks is gravity.

Hey, I'm all for more progressive ideas. Make a lot of sense to me (in a novice kinda way)

Thanks for posting that!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
some animals have problems with shifting poles because they use it as orientation if there is a strong enough magnetic desturbance they even die .. and that is what we see currently around the world mass deads under some species and those species are the species whom are highly receptive for shifting poles.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Here's where our repertoire and bantering will most likely end.

Do you subscribe to the ancient civilization of Atlantis? For some reason I hear your mind saying "no".

So.....here's where we'll agree on disagreeing regarding our own truth and wish each other well on our personal quest for truth.

Glad you're here!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I'm sure someday they will find a reason for the extra DNA strands..

Yeah but I don't have that much time
so......I'll figure it out myself!

Good to see you again BIB!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
some animals have problems with shifting poles because they use it as orientation if there is a strong enough magnetic desturbance they even die .. and that is what we see currently around the world mass deads under some species and those species are the species whom are highly receptive for shifting poles.

"That-there is crazy, nonsense talk!"

There.

I said it for you my dear Debunking group.

Thanks Mark

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
We already knew this...
we commented about it on the solar activity watch thread,i even ask the guys if they wanted to create a thread about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck for us all...and keep an eye out for the Solar Activity Watch 2011 Thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Im not sure if somebody posted this before,but:

To

(one day interval between both)

Magnetosphere presure and Plasma density is off the charts(literally)

www2.nict.go.jp...

Solar wind
speed: 492.4 km/sec
density: 11.9 protons/cm3
-----------------------------------
Updated: Today at 2226 UT
X-ray Solar Flares
6-hr max: A9 1927 UT Jan06
24-hr: B1 0000 UT Jan06
-----------------------------------
Interplanetary Mag. Field
Btotal: 13.7 nT
Bz: 12.4 nT south
-----------------------

Thanks to quakewatcher(ATS member) For some of the links.

edit on 6/1/2011 by jpsdasnake because: Added more info

edit on 6/1/2011 by jpsdasnake because: Fixed broken links

edit on 6/1/2011 by jpsdasnake because: Added quakewatcher Info

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
To all those who say that a magnetic shift is what killed so many birds,....how come it is not affecting us humans any?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by yadda333

Here's where our repertoire and bantering will most likely end.

Do you subscribe to the ancient civilization of Atlantis? For some reason I hear your mind saying "no".

So.....here's where we'll agree on disagreeing regarding our own truth and wish each other well on our personal quest for truth.

Glad you're here!!

Well, that's awfully presumptuous and downright unfair. You can't just decide what somebody thinks and then bid them farewell!

For the record, you're line of thinking is not too esoteric for me. It is possible to place yourself in the middle, call something bull crap when it's bull crap, and also realize that there are unknowns.

Ya know what? I'm not even going to answer your question about Atlantis

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
That's really funny. My compass is pointing straight north as usual.
Nothing amiss here. What a laugh.

Your compass will always point to north, but the location of the north might change.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The shift in the magnetic north pole is also one of the theories being considered for all the animals dropping dead around the world. My personal belief is someone tried time travelling, and really screwed up. Or, there was a fair bit of Predictive Programming being done. Particularly with television shows like 'Flash Forward' and 'Fringe'.
Just thought I'd throw my two cents in.... For what it's worth.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpsdasnake

I caught this on another site. Wanna see something freaky???

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

Can you go on (or U2U me) and tell me more about this please?
I am interested in your/this theory but I'm not seeing the bigger picture and how this is connected.

Thanks!!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join