It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hi-five to you

I noticed how on CNN early this morning, the weather guy was trying to report the 'weirdness' in the weather patterns along both the east and west coast, like how California was getting snow storms last month....

TJ was trying to make jokes, interrupting him

Kirna Chetry told TJ, "Knock it off, he's serious"......but TJ kept it up....

Did anyone notice that this morning on CNN (around 6am central time)

Seems that they are constantly playing this stuff down and instead of talking about the obvious climate change or the massive bird and fish kill, they are talking about the homeless guy who got the job as a radio announcer and Brett Favre's text messages to his mistrsess.........

Amen Buttercookie! Hi Five to you too!
Who cares about freaking Favre or the whole long list of others . . .
I thought the news was real till I went to War - and stood in the middle of something they were lying about.
It is all too much National enquirer stuff now. This is ok, unitl they fire people up with the lies.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra

I may have a silly question. I thought that most planes navigate via GPS. What affect would a change in the magnetic field have on any other instrumentation? I understand weedwackers very thorough explanations, so other than providing a visual reference to a degree heading, why would we even care what a runway is named.

I can give you a really good reason to care about the name of a runway. Just before dawn on August 27, 2006, Comair Flight 5191 taxied from the terminal in Lexington, KY, with 47 passengers and a crew of three. They were to depart on Runway 22, which is 7003 feet long and has a magnetic heading if 224 degrees. Before getting to Runway 22, the pilot flying turned onto Runway 26, a 3,500 foot GA runway. Everyone died except the First Officer when the CRJ crashed because noone noticed that the heading of the aircraft was 40 degrees off the heading of the runway they were supposed to use.
There is another good reason and it has to do with the fact that most airports do not have a control tower. Aircraft using these airports self announce position and intentions on a Common Traffic Advisory Frequency by referring to a runway name, such as, "Sebring traffic, Sukhoi 26 Mike Exray, entering left base Runway 18." So, everyone knows where to look.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This got me thinking, maybe the Chemtrails are there to protect us from the space radiation and compensate for the weaker magnetic field of the earth. The government might know that there will be a change in the magnetic field and is trying to minimize the impact, maybe the government is not that bad afterall

Edit: Certainly the government would not want the whole population to panic if there was something like a pole shift happening.
edit on 6-1-2011 by FreeStanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeStanger

There are no such things as "chemtrails"!!!!!

This wild, rampant speculation just keeps getting worse..... :shk:

....a good dose of science education seems to be sorely needed......

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

That is a very good example.....and any pilot worth his salt will check the heading, for a general agreement with the runway heading they think they are on.

But, in other day-to-day usefulness.....the convention of runway numbering according to magnetic north is to allow for an instant mental image of the reported WIND direction, and its angle relative to the runway you are using to takeoff or land on.

Surface winds at airports are always given in relation to magnetic north....the direction they are blowing from....so it becomes second nature to a pilot, to picture it in comparison to the runway.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

I thought that most planes navigate via GPS.

From what I understand...GPS goes by magnetic north and Aviation uses True North...then due to location, makes up for the declination between the two.

Aviation sectionals (maps / charts) and databases used for air navigation are based on True north rather than magnetic north, and the constant and significant slight changes in the actual location of magnetic north and local irregularities in the planet's magnetic field require that charts and databases be updated at least 2 times per year to reflect the current magnetic variation correction from True north. For example, as of March 2010, near San Francisco the magnetic north is about 14.3 degrees east of True north, with the difference decreasing by about 6 minutes of arc per year. (quoted from a earlier post I made).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Off-topic commentary:

Here's what sets me apart from many others (mostly debunkers) and I'll preface this by saying, I don't think I am ANY better nor smarter. I just go about things a little differently and here's why.

I remain a wise infant on this planet. What I mean is: I act and react on pure instinct much of the time.

When I was born, no one taught me to eat, laugh, cry, sit up or crawl. I just knew to do it.

Like the purest creatures on this planet, we all just KNOW. We KNOW without being told.

No one tells the birds to fly.
Or leaves to fall
Or planets to orbit

It's instinctual.

The problem that I see is....we're the only species being TAUGHT what to do the moment we learn to walk and this has robbed us from growing and knowing.

We would still go on and figure things out without science, the media, the teachers, the governments etc telling us what to do. Honestly. It isn't that difficult. Society has MADE it difficult due to this agenda to control us.

So back to this infancy state I reside in.
I resist authority because it stifles my instincts.
Therefore I feel I have knowledge not intellect. I just 'know' things. I can't explain it because it's not necessary.

Modern man has made everything so incredibly difficult to navigate through that we hardly notice the elephant smack in the middle of the room anymore.

I would just like people to stop reading, watching and mimicking others and trust your own instincts more. And this means, put down those science books and go BACK to nature. The answers are all there.

But I am this infant corrupted in a modern world so I don't have the answers unfortunately. But at least I know why.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

In a word no. The northern part of your country is tropical and so won't see much change, if any at all. The southern coastal regions may become cooler due to changes in weather patterns but the central deserts that make up the majority of the country will remain the same. This is because they are affected by continental interior heating. This is a separate mechanism which is a result of vast areas of land being warmed by the suns heat. Land heats up and cools down much more easily than water, so the seas have a marked cooling effect on all coastal regions where as continental interiors are not close enough to be affected by this and so tend to become much hotter. As a result strong convection currents form as hot air rises swiftly from the surface, taking with it moisture and causing desertification of the area. This can be seen in the interiors of all the major continents of the world excluding the poles and Europe. Europe is not affected as its shape means that it does not have an interior in the sense that The Americas, Africa, Asia and Australia do.

Interiors further from the tropics experience large extremes of temperature, very hot summers and very cold winters because although land heats quicker than water, it also cools faster. Due to its situation Australia is unlikely to be affected by this phenomenon in the event of a polar shift. The main forseeable difference may be that the dry South would become monsoonal like the tropical North and vice versa.

Interestingly the Antarctic is considered a desert although it is so cold that any precipitation that does fall remains and builds up over thousands of years giving the impression that it snows regularly. Even observable snowfall there is usually snow and ice being picked up from the ground by strong winds and not precipitation. There is an area within the Antarctic interior where so little precipitation falls that it is a vast expanse of bare rock in spite of some of the coldest temperatures on Earth. NASA used this are to test the Martian Rover as conditions are very similar to those on Mars.

An excellent illustration of this in practice is to think of London and Moscow. They are situated at roughly the same latitude but London, situated on an island experiences temperatures from -8 at the extreme to 30 degrees Centigrade. Moscow on the other hand ranges from -48 to 38 degrees centigrade due to its location.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Uhhh, I could be wrong, but your compass would always be pointing North, regardless of where North is located. I believe that you would have to place your compass on a map that was oriented N for the last 10 years to notice the change. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Secondly, This is really interesting, but it doesn't seem to explain the bird and fish kill offs along with the freaky weather. If they had said that N was migrating a thousand miles a year it would explain a lot. Having said all that, I am no where near a scientist, just trying to use a little common sense.
seeashrink

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've actually known about this information for a little while because of Kryon. He is an entity who is what we would think of as a "magnetic master", he has been here many times before and he and all those who helped are the ones who set up our magnetic grid. Our magnetic grid effects us heavily, it is a major part of our evolution and even effects our DNA and consciousness. Kryon says that the best way to see how spiritually evolved a planet is is to see the difference between polar and magnetic north. Magnetic north has never really lined up with polar and it's one of those cycles that has been around for quite some time. But recently, since we're in upgrading status and working very quickly towards a New Golden Age and a higher dimension for the vast majority of us, certain things have been going faster. The Earth changes is one of these things, it's a bit of a birthing process, there's also the "climate change" which is happening throughout our solar system thanks to our sun and galactic energies. Another indicator of our rising spiritual level is the standing wave known as the Schumann Resonance, it's increased a ridiculous amount after staying level for a very long time, so long that certain equipment was callobrated to it. But back to the grid, since the whole "divine decree" of us moving into a better world rather than us being destroyed again, multitudes of entities have come to help us and our planet through to the next stage. Our DNA is based on extremely advanced magnetics and such, so much so that most of our DNA is not even physical, but magnetic. Our DNA is our physical link to the spiritual, it's like our endocrine system, it straddles physicality and multi-dimensionality. So by working with our magnetic grids, they are able to help upgrade us, other things that play a role is our sun big time, major astrological events, galactic energy coming at us in Mayan calender style fashion, major social/political events, and Earth changes.

So here's what Kryon has to say, he said this far before any reports of a moving pole, "We told you interesting things back in 1989. We said that the magnetics of the earth would have to shift in order for this to work. Many asked, 'What does agnetics have to do with spirituality?' And you still don't understand. Your DNA is the source of your Human mastery power. Your DNA is the source of your enlightenment and your spiritual awakening. That's why the layers are given the names of God in Hebrew! DOn't you find it interesting that I chose an American channel to give you information about how grand the Hebrew is? For you wouldn't have believed it otherwise, and we know that. It had to come from another source in another culture that looks at you, and is honored to do so. Magnetics changes your DNA. Even your science now acknowledges this. The magnetic grid of the erarth had to move greatly in order to create an atmosphere for technological and inter-dimensional DNA change. Your magnetic grid had to shift so that you could have the ability to sense the spiritual changes in your DNA. Indeed, the magnetic grid moved, as we said it would, because it was you who made it so. And you can go to the scientific records, if you wish, and review for yourselves how it has moved in teh last 12 years."

Here's an article they have in one of the books, it's from CNN called North Magnetic Pole Could Be Leaving Canada by Richard Stenger, note that this was on March 20, 2002. "The North Magnetic Pole could soon abandon Canada, migrate north of Alaska and eventually wind up in Russia, according to a Canadian scientist. The magnetic pole, which has steadily drifted for decades, has picked up its pace in recent years and could exit Canadian territory as soon as 2004, said Larry Newitt of the Geological Survey of Canada. If the pole follows its present course, it will pass north of Alaska and arrive in Siberia in a half century, but Newitt cautioned that such predictions could prove wrong. 'Although it has been moving north or northwest for a hundred years, it is not going to continue in that direction forever. Its speed has increased considerably during the past 25 years, and it could just as easily decrease a few years from now,' the geophysicist said."

Kryon has actually said many things that have seemed off the wall, yet several years later there will be a news story in a major publication proving him correct. Of all the channeled material I've read, I'd say that Kryon is my favorite, it's very uplifting and positive. You can read just about all of the channels they've ever done for free on the website, he even has spoken at the UN (not the main room, S.E.A.T.) on several occasions, I highly suggest it. And for those who are weary of anything supernatural, well here's a quick bio on the guy who eventually got around to channeling Kryon after something like 7 years of trying to ignore it."

"Lee Carroll is a California businessman who was neither an active Metaphysician or an author. His degrees are in BUsiness Administration and Economics from California Western University, Point Loma, California. His technical line of work is sound engineering for broadcast & film, and he holds many Clio and IBA awards for his work. At 48, he began what is obviously his real purpose in this life, the translations of Kryon..."
"I have known of Kryon for some time, and have essentially ignored him. It took two psychic readers unkown to each other, three years apart, to actually spell his name our loud in a session and say that he was of importance and so...sheepishly I plopped myself down at the word processor and began to transcribe Kryon's messages to all of us."

Lee was the epitome of logic and routine, yet his wife was deeply spiritual and even had a few extrasensory gifts, she knew about Kryon before Lee did. After many years of ignoring subtle signs, he decided to go to the psychics, something he normally would never do, and he realized that there was someone trying to communicate to him. After much poking and prodding, and resolving a tremendous amount of reluctance, he channeled on to his computer and eventually for small groups of people. Hilariously, many people who channel didn't know a single thing about metaphysics before they started channeling, they often are somewhat dragged kicking and screaming. Yet, if they didn't want to channel, then the entity would just go to the next person who was on the list, a list agreed upon even before their births. Lee as a higher self actually had helped Kryon shape our planet and make it livable in the beginning, he was literally "friends" with Kryon, yet showed no signs of this in his Earthly life. I highly suggest reading these books, the Chill per Page ratio is very high.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeStanger
This got me thinking, maybe the Chemtrails are there to protect us from the space radiation and compensate for the weaker magnetic field of the earth. The government might know that there will be a change in the magnetic field and is trying to minimize the impact, maybe the government is not that bad afterall

I've thought of that as well but for some reason, I don't think it would be any branch of the government that we've grown to despise so well though.

But in either case, they are INDEED spraying something in the air. It's not even a matter of conspiracy anymore. It's just a matter of what chemical they're using on any given day.

We were inundated with chemtrails all day Sunday here in SE Florida. The sky was full of nothing BUT pseudo elongated cloud coverage. Why??? But with the accelerating cost of petrol (and kerosene) now..... I think it's safe to rule out recreational joy-flying!

By the way.....$5.00 per gallon coming up very soon. So this might be a very apropos time for a pole shift!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Well as an aspiring Entomologist I must correct you (I don't have my doctorate yet so I'm still aspiring lol). Bees do not navigate using the magnetic poles but rather the location of the sun(aka detecting polarized light). They also have the ability to compensate for the sun's movement.. Their eyes are pretty spectacular things. I would go watch some videos on "Bee Dancing" and communication that will shed some light on this for you. Also if you are really interested in bees you should look into the UCL research on them. Pretty amazing stuff.
Cheers!
edit on 6-1-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
That's really funny. My compass is pointing straight north as usual.
Nothing amiss here. What a laugh.

maybe your compass is broken

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Well if the solar winds are at a low, less of it will pass through the breach in the magnetosphere, right?

Yes but more cosmic radiation will get through... you know... all that life eradicating gamma radiation from distant stars?

Let's just hope that HAARP really can put up a shield if need be

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SincerelySarcastic

Wow. Thank you for all that information. I definitely not only appreciate it but identify with most although--- I don't know who Kryon is. Not important in the scheme of things. But that was certainly a lot of typing --filled with a lot of insight information so I thank you again from the bottom of my heart! You're a special person for sure!

Give my best to Kyron

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Can that site put almost the entirety of the article there like that?
Fair use is one thing, but unless that is a feed, (which it doesn't appear to be) someone should be careful about how they reference and relay info.

Interesting find none the less, thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
This doesn't mean anything. If the poles had shifted, even 40 miles ( they didn't really say, just that it would be 40 miles a year ) We would notice it in the position of the Sun and the time differential that would take place / daylight and night shifting their usual time slots ...

Yeah it means one thing... you have not separated the poles from the MAGNETIC poles... The actual poles, the axis the planet spins on, are not moving, only the magnetic poles... to which compasses point

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm never reading your threads first thing in the morning Humanalien :p I had to confirm so I called the airport and spoke to their tourism department and asked if they had a few runways shut down. The lady told me only 1 right now but they will be doing them 1 at a time. I then asked if it was because they were being re designated and she said yes, so I had to ask her one last question. I asked if it was because the of the pole shift and she said yes, I am SOO glad I used the bathroom before I started reading

I guess this might explain why my compass is getting sluggish orienting North and my GPS system will read every direction BUT North. It's a Garmin Nuvi 350 in case anyone else has one and wants to check, I'm going back out to see if the 7th time will be a charm for my set.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Silverado292 because: Grammer

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by digdeep

Oh no wait...SincerelySarcastic has put me right. It was Kryon and he will decide how a polar shift would affect any given place because he is realigning his magnetic grid.

Damn you evidence proven, peer reviewed science! You've led me astray again!

Why do these galactic psychics always have 19'70's sci-fi names like Kryon? Nobody is ever contacted by Trevor who has been watching our progress for 12000 years since him and his companion Simon landed in Syria and taught people to farm.

Take a look at some real science, it's far more interesting that that nonsense you are peddling.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
ladies & gents, invest in desert land, soon it will be beach property

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join