It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
That's really funny. My compass is pointing straight north as usual.
Nothing amiss here. What a laugh.

Your compass will ALWAYS point towards the north pole as that is the function of a compass. The question is whether or not that is the same place it was six months ago. Are you calibrating it against a fixed physical object?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
A pole shift makes perfect sense to me and was long what i suspected,

This December has been the coldest on record in the UK for 100+ Years nearly every day it snowed and record lows temps recorded in many parts Northern Ireland has been without water for weeks after main burst in the breif thor, and it wasn't just the UK the storms pretty much covered all the northern hemp countrys, the jet stream which normally hits over the UK has been much lower thus allowing northerly low pressures to hit one after the other in the UK a complete reverse as to what it should be,

I think were in for a really disruptional & cold winter in the north

Then factor in the other signs such as birds & fish in the millions dying

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Oh....for Pete's sake....

Community Noise Alert...ahh and bye the way the damn pole is out of place - ah okey.

If you refer back to the Airport Diagram Chart for TPA that I posted 20 pages back (seems that far, this thread has gone on and on and on....oh, wait, I'll just put in a new link for you:

flightaware.com...

Local community noise standards vary, airport by airport. All that "Noise Alert" is talking about is for the day or few that one North/South runway at a time will be closed for repainting and re-signage, then the majority of operations, takeoffs and landings, will be operated from the other one...and, winds permitting, many more 9/27 (which is primarily utilized by General Aviation. BUT, depending on traffic - and winds - they will route some airliners there, too).

The local residents get accustomed to the daily patterns of the "noisemakers", since airline schedules are fairly regular.

They just are covering their butts, for the inevitable "NIMBY" complaints. Airliners are noisier, usually, than smaller airplanes...and noisier on takeoffs than landings, generally too.

Arrivals/departures from the north/south runways usually are routed according to your arrival/departure directions. And, sometimes, for the best taxi routes to/from your gate position at the terminal. It's another local preference, and every airport operates according to their particular geography, layout and preference for traffic flows, taking into consideration their community noise concerns also.....

BTW, reading through this sort of "Chicken Little"-esque type thread....again, a lot of contributors have pointed out the very minimal movement of the Pole.....even the "300 mile" number is minimal, when you consider it as a percentage of the overall demi-circumference of the Earth. It calculates out to a minimal angle, over those distances. Again, trigonometry and geometry.

AND, it depends on where you are, longitudinally....IF you face North, towards the True Pole...and the Mag Pole happens to lie on a line directly in between YOU and the True Pole...and the Mag Pole moves 20 miles towards you...the ANGLE doesn't change, from your reference!! Because where you are has ZERO variation/declination to begin with, and depending on direction of magnetic pole motion, will still have zero. IF the pole moves laterally, relative to your viewpoint, then there will begin to be a variation. But, an exceedingly tiny angle, over such great distances.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I suspect the reason Tampa's airport is affected more than other locations might be due to its proximity to the North Atlantic Anomaly.

Anyone know?

S&F btw

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I understand how some want more official evidence suggesting things are getting strange but I encourage you all to do your own research via the Internet now because there's a LOT of information to validate something is indeed happening.
The media is playing it down under the guise of "extreme weather".

Fine.
After all the word weather is something we can cope with rationally. But what they're failing to follow up on is WHY???

We're getting the "Once upon time....." part and no story.

Fact is, the magnetic movement has been accelerating (baffling scientists) since the 90's.
Why?

According to some recent models, plumes of less dense fluid form at the inner core boundary and subsequently rise within [a cylinder] whose central axis is the Earth’s rotation axis. Such plumes undergo a strong helical motion due to the Earth’s rapid rotation, a phenomenon also observed in laboratory experiments with water. In the core, helical plumes advect and twist the magnetic field lines, forming what scientists call "polar magnetic upwellings."
www.scientificamerican.com...

And then we have this recent development which I created a thread a few weeks back (but was 'closed' due to it already being posted) Light shines in High Arctic darkness

The fact that the Arctic, is experiencing LIGHT during their 24-hour dark season is a very telling sign of something odd going on!
Yet once again, mainstream is chalking this behavior off to 'warmer weather'. And I chalk that off to bull crap because I feel that is not the FULL findings.

It seems some of the explanations behind most of these very strange happenings are boarder-lining on ridiculously insulting.
For instance:

5000 birds died due to fireworks
Florida fish died from cold water
Maryland fish kill from warm water.

Are they kidding us? This is probably quasi-true but...... WHY????

I think they were hoping chemtrail vapors would've made us all brain-dead by now but I am here to report I still have all my faculties and although I do admit I am a HUGE conspiratorial person, I am 100% on top of my game!

edit on 6-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I live in Tampa so I checked this story out.

The Federal Aviation Administration required the runway designation change to account for what a National Geographic News report described as a gradual shift of the Earth's magnetic pole at nearly 40 miles a year toward Russia because of magnetic changes in the core of the planet.

Link to full story

Apparently this is a slow and gradual shift.

Until just recently, the normal "slow and gradual shift" was 2-3 centimeters per year.

Now, "nearly 40 miles a year" is considered "slow and gradual" ?!?

I don't think so.

edit on 6/1/11 by soficrow because: tinkered

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Tried my Compass App from home last night and it was working properly. Keep in mind my house is about 20 minutes west of my office down town. So my next thought was that maybe the structures of the building at my office might have been a problem. So I tried it again at my office today and now its working correct. It was only yesterday between 1 and 3pm that it telling I was facing north when I was facing west.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

What are the global implications do you think? I don't mean to sound silly, but I'm in Australia, does that mean that the weather would become like canada or russia? SCARY

Magnetic field doesn't affect weather at all. So weather stays normal.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Threads like this really make me despair for the sensibility of people.

The pole moves all the time. Literally. It is not "accelerating", as in "oh my God, it's out of control!" it's just moving faster than it did -- it's not continual acceleration. Why? Who knows. Is this unusual, or typical? Who knows, we haven't been accurately tracking magnetic North for but a few hundred years. But it has been moving for all recorded history, and it's been moving faster for over ten years, and what has been the impact of that?

Basic geography and history.

The government is making TPA re-designate their runways. Why them, and no one else? First off, "no one else" is a misnomer, it is not that unusual. Secondly, go get a globe (not a map, a globe) and look at the relationship of Tampa to the magnetic north pole. Draw a line on your globe showing how the pole is moving. See how the angle changes for someone in Tampa? Now go do the same thing for a place in Texas or Oregon. See anything different?

Basic geometry.

Blackbirds are dying in Arkansas, it must be related! How many blackbirds are there in the world, or even in that general region? (Hint: millions) What possible support is there for a global, unavoidable change, like the pole moving, causing this and only killing 4000 birds in backwater, Arkansas? Heck, throw in all the fish and birds, let's say 100,000 out of, what, a few billion? Why just in the past week? Claiming it's a secret government project or alien death rays makes more sense than claiming it to be due to the constant movement of magnetic North.

Basic biology and common sense.

Seriously, stop the fear mongering, take ten minutes to study the basic concepts involved and use your frickin' brain. God gave you one for a reason, use it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

I suspect the reason Tampa's airport is affected more than other locations might be due to its proximity to the North Atlantic Anomaly.

Anyone know?

S&F btw

What is the North Atlantic anomaly? (and here I thought I heard it all)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by getreadyalready

Okay. The magnetic pole shifted. The PTB play this event down all the time. But isn't that a concern? Won't the core soon follow?

What exactly do they know that they're not imparting to their minion?
Clearly Tampa airport can't be the first ones to discover this!

Like everything else, there's a deliberate hush-down on this matter and we are very much being kept in the dark.
Chemtrail cocktail anyone???

Hmmmmm speaking of which. Tampa (like West Palm Beach where I reside) was drenched in Chemtrails all week long.
Connection?
I do believe. I do believe.

Don't worry about the "earth's core" shifting. It has it's own momentum and it GENERATES the magnetic field. So the mass and direction of the earth will not change at all. The metallic center, spinning through space and the field of the sun, creates the magnetic field, and THAT likely creates lightning as the energy potentials are balanced.

The MAIN danger, I believe, will be fore magnetically-oriented life forms, and for the Magnetic Field of the earth, which protects us from highly charged particles from the Sun -- it will shut down or weaken for a decade or perhaps tens of decades while the poles re-align.

That isn't a dooms-day scenario; but it can mean more Ultra-Violet light for a while, which will kill off amphibians, and cause skin cancers. It will also ruin long-wave radio transmissions and perhaps some electronics.

>> It is survivable, but will cause weather patterns and other things to change -- but it is not nearly as big a problem as Global Warming, which has already caused huge changes in weather patterns.

>> MY EVIDENCE: The pole switch has happened MANY times in earth history, and there are not huge die-off of plants and animals, otherwise die-off events would coincide -- but they don't.

>> I'm going to wait until we have actual scientific data of a pole change, however, as it's a pretty hard phenomena to hide. One airport repainting approach angles is hardly evidence -- and we'd hear about it from Astronomers and NASA first.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Until just recently, the normal "slow and gradual shift" was 2-3 centimeters per year.

No it wasn't. The pole moved 1100km in the 20th Century alone. Here is a source for that: gsc.nrcan.gc.ca.... What is your source for saying otherwise?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
A pole shift makes perfect sense to me and was long what i suspected,

This December has been the coldest on record in the UK for 100+ Years nearly every day it snowed and record lows temps recorded in many parts Northern Ireland has been without water for weeks after main burst in the breif thor, and it wasn't just the UK the storms pretty much covered all the northern hemp countrys, the jet stream which normally hits over the UK has been much lower thus allowing northerly low pressures to hit one after the other in the UK a complete reverse as to what it should be,

I think were in for a really disruptional & cold winter in the north

Then factor in the other signs such as birds & fish in the millions dying

And I think you're correct.

To the others:

It doesn't please us to think this so those of you who say 'oh, those conspiracy crazy's are at it again' are completely off base. This is ONE conspiracy that will affect us greatly if not gravely. So why would anyone want to embrace this?
I love my life (I hate this world though but.....) so I'm not looking forward to a possible fatal calamity. This 'conspiracy' hits too close to home so please......

I am just trying to pass on information. Whether it's right, wrong or inconclusive is up to each of us to discern and shouldn't be mocked in the interim.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Anyone know?

S&F btw

What is the North Atlantic anomaly? (and here I thought I heard it all)

Interesting call, but it is in fact the South Atlantic Anomaly, so it won't count.

South Atlantic Anomaly

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
Magnetic poles doesn't shift so fast. First it weakens and then we don't have any magnetic field when poles are near equator. If people living in equator see northern lights, then our magnetic field is gone. Reversal doesn't happen in one or two days, It takes months! I don't have compass so i can't check where are the poles now.

Also, we shouldn't have any electricity if pole change happened, pole change affects electricity critically. Whole planet would be in blackout. Why? Cause poles affects in electrical charges
edit on 6-1-2011 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

I am not saying you're right or wrong but this is based on........................?

Science is not even close to knowing what's going on.

Please (this is not directed at you) but if you think modern science knows how planet Earth works let alone how their inhabitants got here not to mention--- how everything ELSE works in the Universe, you've been conditioned to the point of being brainwashed.

We know NOTHING about the past. We think we do so we spin it into HIS-STORY.

Modern man (according to some of you) has been technologically modern for what.....? 200 years (and I am being generous with that)?
You mean to tell me, in 200 years, we've figured out 6 BILLION years of background?

Okay...put down the Kool Aid and take a drink of water and really, I mean REALLY think about how ridiculously lame that is.

Bottom line: We know nothing. But you know who does? The Ancient cultures do/did and still does!

So it's time we trade up these modern science books and go back to the beginning a little bit more.
The answers are in the past. All of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Hi-five to you

I noticed how on CNN early this morning, the weather guy was trying to report the 'weirdness' in the weather patterns along both the east and west coast, like how California was getting snow storms last month....

TJ was trying to make jokes, interrupting him

Kirna Chetry told TJ, "Knock it off, he's serious"......but TJ kept it up....

Did anyone notice that this morning on CNN (around 6am central time)

Seems that they are constantly playing this stuff down and instead of talking about the obvious climate change or the massive bird and fish kill, they are talking about the homeless guy who got the job as a radio announcer and Brett Favre's text messages to his mistrsess.........

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

We are just sort of throwing ideas around here, about pole shifts and runway redesignation and wondering is there more to it - like that post it note brain storming session stuff they suggest in business improvement training for manager types. Nobody is putting on purple running suits and lacing up the nikes. Why be mean?
The FACT is, FACT, FACT, FACT, FACT . . . is that the Powers to Be, however you want to frame it DO NOT tell us what is going on about a lot of stuff . . . so people start to suspect that they are not telling us even MORE stuff. Of course you always suspect they don't tell you everything anyway. Hasn't this been going on since, well - the Tuskegee experiment as one example?

So lets agree here, maybe not on what is happening but on 3 things:
1. They don't tell us everything, or they do and they are wrong - like the earth is flat and ulcers are caused by stress. Later there are advancements and they understand and they usually don't deliever the apology letter in the mail to those that questioned the orignal story - actually they used to burn people at the stake for not aggreeing with the current model of belief. This is HISTORY.
2. Stuff is dying we might want to get a little concerned about like bee's, which can effect pollenation, which can affect food supply. Even if it is a virus, or a mutation, or from genetically engineered corn, or too many cell phone towers. OR POLE SHIFTY WOBBLY THINGS, we might want to figure out WHY. This is where it can turn to BS if studies are corrupt or are paid for by those that have a vested, vested interest in keeping it hushed up.
3. Chicken little? This site is harmless really, you can choose to go to other threads on here - I stay out of whole topic areas because I just don't want to get involved. If you want to really talk about chicken little and fear mongering lets talk about guys, like um . . . Glen Beck a guy who reaches millions of people everyday with fear mongering, or lets go to the airport and watch TSA in action. This is just one thread on a CONSPIRACY WEBSITE. Don't you get it? This site is like the twighlight zone, no need to personally get all riled up. Just say, well I disagree with you wierdo's and go pick another thread. If you find it uncomfortable that others won't agree with you - leave - the thread maybe it just isn't for you. What I find amusing is the constant appeal to experts back and forth. The best thing to come out of all this is WE JUST DON'T KNOW, maybe THEY just don't know either or maybe THEY don't want to tell us.

Bee's, Bats, Fish, Sea mammals, Birds. Are dying off.
Ok maybe fish kills happen. Bee's, Bats, Sea mammals, and Birds . . . all navigate. Bats and sea mammals I understand - sonar, and some of the big beaching incidents of whales and such are the result of military excersizes, so maybe some expand on that and think HAARP. It's understandable.

This die off, this recent die off - maybe there is something to the fact we all hear more about it from all around the world because of instant access. But they did not die from fireworks. So maybe it is THEY that should shut up, maybe by telling us obvious BS - THEY - cause the fear. This thread or the countless others on this site haven't to my knowledge started the human lemming run yet . . . yet . . . although it is going to be interesting till 12-21-2012 for obvious reasons. People, even skeptical people are watching - and when THEY tell us garbage like fireworks caused this when it is obvious we would see MASS carnage after every 4th of July, it just does not help at all.

edit on 6-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: clarity

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by ButterCookie

Error found on page. Can you re-post please?

Thanks

Here's the forum and how lots of people find this theory the most logical

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is not uncommon, here at Heathrow we had to change our runways due to magnetic pole shift, they were 28/10 left and right, now they are 27/09 left and right. They were changed in the 80s if memory serves me right.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

??????

Do you have a globe?

Why do you think that the Tampa Airport is in closer "proximity" to the (you're actually thinking of the South Atlantic Anomaly, right?)than, say.....MIAMI?

In any event....no, the SAA hasn't anything to do with the location of the Earth's magnetic poles. It's partly related to the overall field strength variations.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join