It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Help Me With "Show Ribbon" Issues?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. I access ATS through ppc only. Mobile Opera browser. Up until today I had the options (Friends, My Posts, My Threads, etc.) running vertical down the right and left side of my screen. A few hours ago it disappeared completely.

Now if I scroll all the way to the bottom of a page I can see a small tab that says show ribbon. It is tiny. If I click it, it will run horizontal with a few of the previous options listed.

I really miss my two vertical strips with the options as they were larger and easier to access... and gosh darn it my OCD is dying trying to figure out what changed.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Please?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

S.O's updates are in this thread and according to that post, the sidebars have been replaced by the bar at the bottom. Embrace change.

P.s. That avatar is hilarious.
edit on 5-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

NOOOOOOO!

Ugh. I didn't even think to look there first. Thanks for answering instead of just telling me how stupid I was not to look. A star for you and embarrassment for me...

Ummm. If I could give you a star. WTH? lol

Thanks again.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ahhh! Thanks. (about the avatar) He looks good on my hd2, but I have never seen him on a pc. I was hoping he didn't look like a tall cow chip.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I like the change. I found the side bars too intrusive.
But that's personal preference I suppose

edit on 5-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The irony of that is the fact that I thought the same way at first. Having only a 4 inch screen, they took some getting used to. Ahhh well. I am sure I will feel the same way about the new bottom bar in a few days.
Cheers!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have noticed the Show Ribbon button all day - leary of new buttons. Thanks for the info before I gave in and clicked.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I love the new ribbon. Small enough to remain on the window without blocking anything.
Good job, to who ever designed and implemented the change.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I hated those sidebars. Looked like someone's first attempt at java programming in grade school.

Show ribbon is much classier.

top topics

join