It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is Enough

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
if it bothers you that much.. go live in a hut in the woods.. and live of the land, because all your doing is contradicting yourself...

I'd like nothing more than to do that. Unfortunately all the land in the UK (or whole world for that matter) is owned by greedy people, and I'd never get planning permission.
I'd make my own solar panels for energy, but I'd have to still pay for that energy. THEY own the sun now as well apparently.

Back to OP. Ownership of land is what annoys me. It should belong to Earth, simple as.
I'd love to just find a nice spot in the countryside or woods and build a home and live a quiet peaceful life.
edit on 5/1/2011 by HexagonSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I'm a computer sciences student and I'm fed up with how big companies and everything else on this thread .Not for that reason I reject all technology since some of if makes life easier and obviously gives me a career and a job. Don't dismiss people so quickly, that's what makes me angry. A very good example of how technology helps is ATS , giving the chance to get the truth out there and raise some very important questions. However , I refuse to open a facebook account or any other social network because it does more damage to human relationships than good and turns people into zombies.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HexagonSun

Thats my utopia as well... Bar winning the lottery and purchasing either an island or considerable amount of land, you are still under their jurisdictional control.... Damn such is life......for now.
Regards

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown

Thats my utopia as well... Bar winning the lottery and purchasing either an island or considerable amount of land, you are still under their jurisdictional control.... Damn such is life......for now.
Regards

I actually don't want money to exist. All other less evolved animals live free lives without it. So I don't really care for winning the lottery. It would come in handy in this world though. I might just live inside a dream of a dream of a dream for 50 years. That would sort things out
You seen the film Inception?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
blah blah blah blah...makes me laugh when people make rants like this...

being brainwashed by the internet, in a warm apartment using machines made by the big bully corperations, and surrounded by products by these companies on similar networking sites to those being talked about... ya know what i cant be bothered...
if it bothers you that much.. go live in a hut in the woods.. and live of the land, because all your doing is contradicting yourself...

Do you really believe you need plutocracy/corporatism to have technology?

Brainwashed is the word I guess......

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I have seen the film Inception and as an avid lucid dreamer I can relate to it. I do feel however it trivialises the whole concept as do many films. Personally I have not been able to communicate with others and them verify. Not saying its not possible,,,,damn getting way off topic.....where am I ......who am I????
Do me a favor and alert this thread asking why it is not on new topic firehose...cheers
regards

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I have seen the film Inception and as an avid lucid dreamer I can relate to it. I do feel however it trivialises the whole concept as do many films. Personally I have not been able to communicate with others and them verify. Not saying its not possible,,,,damn getting way off topic.....where am I ......who am I????

Yea the film has got it's flaws. Cool though. I love lucid dreaming too. Sorry to get off topic btw.

Do me a favor and alert this thread asking why it is not on new topic firehose...cheers
regards

Flagged.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Will make a thread on lucid dreaming soon to enlighten others to the concept.
Dont need you to flag the thread .. Just go to alert near beginning of thread (near my name) and then ask why this thread has not appeared on new topic firehose. Have asked twice to no avail .....
Yet am feeling less angry now so I suppose this will be swallowed up in the mass of ATS bs threads
Anyway take care.... Sweetdreams ..... Will add u to friends list if okay with you??

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by carola8188

Thanks for your comment. As with any mainstream corporation there is corruption. What makes you think ATS is any different. Soon as money is evolved all loyalties are lost ....Damn cup is half empty...Need some rest, hopefully will wake up on the correct side of the bed.

Take Care , Regards
edit on 5-1-2011 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There was a great teacher once who said to us, in this day and age, those who would listen. Turn the other cheek. What he said applys now more than ever. Why? Because the technology has come far enough along
to where the elite / wicked of this world do not need us anymore. Not as tax payers not as slaves. Wake up
open your eyes as wide as you can and see.

At this very moment you are being taunted. they no longer need to fear us. Turn the other cheek. Or be identified
and squashed. Ketch-up?

The great teacher was Jesus Christ.
edit on 5-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by carola8188
reply to post by Misterlondon

I'm a computer sciences student and I'm fed up with how big companies and everything else on this thread .Not for that reason I reject all technology since some of if makes life easier and obviously gives me a career and a job. Don't dismiss people so quickly, that's what makes me angry. A very good example of how technology helps is ATS , giving the chance to get the truth out there and raise some very important questions. However , I refuse to open a facebook account or any other social network because it does more damage to human relationships than good and turns people into zombies.

If you're fed up with big companies, how do you plan on using our computer sciences degree? You have done one thing that most people who moan and complain don't...you chose to opt out by not joining sites you don't believe in, so bravo for that. ATS can also turn people into zombies though!

I probably have most of the same rants as the OP. I guess the best way to cope is to gradually take control of the ones you can. Shop locally in mom and pop type stores for food and goods, or grow your own. Only shop in stores where you agree with their corporate philosphies. Bank with a community bank or credit union. Live within your means. Buy with cash or debit, and only use credit for emergencies or planned large purchases. One thing I always do now to control impulse purchases is say to myself "I'll come back tomorrow and get it"....90% of the time I don't. Spend less time on the attainment of wealth and possesions and more time with family and friends. Its costs nothing and pays unlimited rewards.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Can they brainwash throught website? I'm talking about sites like ATS.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Great thread, but scrub no 10 "yet they seem to care not". No disrespect at all, but there is no "seem". If not known start research with google J rockefeller. Check out this guys thoughts on population control, he should be in a rubber room.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Going off on a rant is good... it's gets the blood boiling and lets you dig deeper into how you feel about things. And yes, maybe those who rant on this topic are sitting in a warm apartment with big corporation items all around them... But by ranting, they are waking up and losing their sheeple status... Isn't that a good thing?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

Sorry my bad XD thought I had posted in wrong one.

edit on 7-1-2011 by carola8188 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by carola8188 because: Sorry my bad XD thought I had posted in wrong one.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

I plan to work developing Assistive technology (AT) to help people with any sort of disability. In fact my thesis for university is about AT. I didn't pick this career I had to study something after my dad got ill and didn't have the resources to go to another state and study journalism.
I decided I could do some good with it. It was either that or Marine Biology, but that career was full of hippies,
and I just don't like hippies they spend all day smoking pot at uni behind the building. I am also going to start a web development company to get our own products out , and websites orientated to learning and helping with any type of disability disorder. And of course, Expert Systems, for hospitals and also to prescribe AT to patients according to their specific needs.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by carola8188

I like your style, you seem like a genuinely kind human being. Shame there are not more people like you around.
Take Care , Regards

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rogertom

Cheers for the comment but I am well aware of the Rothchilds . Rockefellers and other vermin on this planet.
Soon someone with enough money will come along and make a change...Well that is a hope of mine. Only time will tell.. Take Care
regards

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

I am an American, and I will not let my country get taken over by greedy bureaucrats bent on our destruction and slavery!

I agree but haven't we waited a bit to late to stop the greedy bureaucrats from taking over?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join