It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert says birds were in spin cycle too long!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

There was no anger in that post, perhaps a certain level of frustration but no anger.

Fair enough - my mistake - I apologize. Sometimes it's hard to hear in here :-)

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm saying it doesn't happen all at once in the same place to this many birds without obvious precursors.

Well - not true. This is what I was trying to point out - there are a few very reasonable possibilities to choose from.

If you told me 10,000 birds were killed when hurricane Katrina made landfall I would not be troubled because that makes sense. This one just doesn't add up. My instinct tells me it is something to be concerned about.
I say this with the utmost respect combined with a great sense of urgency.

Did none of what I mentioned earlier seem reasonable to you? Are the opinions of experts really less important than your instincts? I ask - with all due respect

The only reason I posted this morning is because yesterday I was speaking with an elderly couple - they were terrified by all this news - terrified. As are a great many other people I can see. While nobody can say with any certainty right now what really happened - I find it interesting that people are inclined to believe the worst and most fantastic theories and give in to their fears - while completely disregarding very real information as it is given to them:

(Reuters) - Birds falling out of the sky in the United States and Sweden are freak examples of the kind of mass animal deaths, from beached whales to deluges of frogs, that have unusual but not apocalyptic causes, experts say.

www.reuters.com...

But the news of the deaths of 3 young cranes, from the same group (migrating water birds that fraternize with other migrating water birds) are found dead, together - in our country - plays with almost no fanfare

Scientists investigate Ga. whooping crane deaths
ALBANY, Ga. — Wildlife authorities are investigating the deaths of three whooping cranes in south Georgia. The birds were found by hunters in Calhoun County, just west of Albany, on Dec. 30. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service spokesman Tom MacKenzie said the deaths are considered suspicious since the birds were found together. He said a predator would generally kill a single bird at a time. A landowner told authorities that the birds were in the area several weeks before they were found dead. Necropsies are expected to be complete in about two weeks.

Chicago Tribune: www.chicagotribune.com...

We're still waiting - as far as I know - for our first cases of H5N1 to turn up here

Animal H5N1 Cases Since December 2003, avian influenza A (H5N1) virus infections in animals have been reported in Asia, Africa, the Pacific, Europe and the Near East. View the update on avian influenza in animals from the World Organization for Animal Health Web site.

www.cdc.gov...

I'm sure the CDC is not to be trusted, but - there you go :-)

Meanwhile, here at ATS, without doing any research...and relying mostly on gossip rags for the truth while ignoring the opinions of people who actually know something about birds...

you see what I mean? :-)

so here you go (this information actually took me longer to format all pretty than it took to find):
20 09
unknown date

Now - I'm not saying that the poisoning of thousands of birds is nothing to be concerned about - so if that's what everyone is worked up about - I'm right there with you

What I'm trying to show here is the cause is probably very explainable. Unpleasant - but explainable

And this sort of thing happens from time to time, for a variety of different reasons - some still unexplained. But - it does happen

However, if you think something unexplainable is happening - and that it means there's some kind of nightmarish catastrophe just ahead - and we're being kept in the dark on purpose...

Well, I'll feel silly if I'm wrong - won't I?

But I'll get over it pretty fast - there will be more important things to worry about than my pride

Can I ask you a serious question? and I ask because I’m genuinely interested to know...

What is it that you believe is happening? What is your worst fear concerning all this?

edit on 1/6/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: I screwed up

new topics

<< 1   >>

join