It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert says birds were in spin cycle too long!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What do the experts have to say about the current crisis, birds and fish dying by the thousands.........
John Fitzpatrick- Director, Cornell University Ornithology Lab:
The birds were sucked into a "washing machine like thunderstorm" which "fatally soaked and chilled them".
John is an "expert" on the social behavior of birds, he is not a meteoroligist. If you search the term "washing machine like thunderstorm" you get the maytag man and John, apparently he has coined the phrase. My advice to John, shut the f*#k up you moron, when we want to know about the mating habits of hummingbirds we'll give you a call.
David Yarnold- President, Audobon Society:
We need to make structures safe for birds so they don't fly into them. David suggests turning off the lights on scyscrapers at night so the birds don't get confused and fly into them. Hey David, you ever hear of something called an airplane? How about a helicopter?
The only information you'll get from the MSM is the simplest possible solution, it doesn't have to make sense, it just has to be brief, air time is money and they aren't wasting that on a bunch of stupid birds.
While we all wait for the next incredible sound bite of stupidity I suggest you rub some detergent on yourself and stand outside, the next "washing machine like thunderstorm" is just around the bend.

edit on 5-1-2011 by Trublbrwing because: Quote attributed to wrong bird man.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I hear ya on this one!! How stupid do they think we are?

My favorite is that they got stressed because of fireworks and just started smashing into everything

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Link to an article.
www.cbsnews.com...

If this is truly the cause then the weather around the world might be changing rapidly and that would be a possible explanation for the birds. Somehow I think all that oil dumped into the worlds water supply couldn't of helped much either. Domino effect?
edit on 5-1-2011 by stigup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by amadeus30

My favorite is that they got stressed because of fireworks and just started smashing into everything

The really scary thing is how many idiots actually believe that nonsense. You and I are in the minority here my friend, even the folks on this site who I thought could think outside the box are looking for easy, not correct.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
But what would have caused that?

perhaps they got sick somehow....

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Great f'ing post man!

S & F

reply to post by amadeus30

Lmao..... Yeah man, me and some of my buddies have been dying about the firework explanation.

How about all the firework days in the past... Hmm, 4th of July maybe?

What a garbage a$$ lame sheepy excuse. TPTB aren't ready to panic their sheep herd yet.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Its pretty obvious something very big, whether it be viral testing or BP, is up! The fish got sucked up into the wash cycle too?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stigup
Link to an article.
www.cbsnews.com...

If this is truly the cause then the weather around the world might be changing rapidly and that would be a possible explanation for the birds. Somehow I think all that oil dumped into the worlds water supply couldn't of helped much either. Domino effect?

Weather did not cause that. I could understand a few birds getting caught off guard, but thousands, not possible.
I have been to hundreds of fireworks shows and have never seen a single bird fall from the sky. I have been in some of the most dramatic storms on earth, the kind that are covered world wide and have never seen a bird, not one single bird, fall from the sky.
As for the oil unless it was consumed there is no way it could have killed them, and even then it would not have happened all at once like that. That is the most important point here, they all died at the same moment, not over a span of time but instantly. That is simply not normal, period.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well, let me ask you this.... Why is it that so many are hell bent on ignoring the opinions of actual experts and prefer to listen to the conspiracy theories?

I don't think expert opinion is anything to laugh about.... It at least deserves as much respect as the conspiracy theories I have heard...

I mean come on... the only way anyone will know the truth about anything is to listen to both sides with an open mind, truly consider both sides and make and then come to an educated decision...

Only being willing to listen to one side will get us no where...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
But what would have caused that?

perhaps they got sick somehow....

I honestly don't know what caused it but I'm certain it wasn't firecrackers or washing machines. I understand your leaning toward sickness, what with bird flu etc. in the headlines but it isn't possible for that many birds to die at the exact same moment from any illness. Weaker birds and smaller ones would die first, the strong would last a little longer, the event would have been spread out over days and miles in which case we would not have heard about it.
If you really believed that nonsense you would be watching watching television instead of typing, right?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Well, let me ask you this.... Why is it that so many are hell bent on ignoring the opinions of actual experts and prefer to listen to the conspiracy theories?

Gimme, right now the experts opinions are as varied, inconsistent and scattered as I have ever seen. Clearly they are floundering for an explanation, and I hope to goodness they are all busy in the labs now, with the corpses.

Maybe they will be able to settle on a viable explanation at some point. but now the situation is too widespread to be coincidences and have a variety of causal factors.

First the bees and now the birds. It's starting to freak me out.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I didn't see images of any wet birds - if they were in a spin cycle of a thunderstorm wouldn't they be wet and have more feather damage? Just sayin

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by stigup
Link to an article.
www.cbsnews.com...

As for the oil unless it was consumed there is no way it could have killed them, and even then it would not have happened all at once like that. That is the most important point here, they all died at the same moment, not over a span of time but instantly. That is simply not normal, period.

Ok I'll give you the first one. Let's take the oil out of the picture for a second because since it is natural it may not have any effect. How about the dispersant Corexit? Do we really know what kind of effects that may have on the planet?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I don't think expert opinion is anything to laugh about.... It at least deserves as much respect as the conspiracy theories I have heard...

I mean come on... the only way anyone will know the truth about anything is to listen to both sides with an open mind, truly consider both sides and make and then come to an educated decision...

I'm not laughing at them just because they're experts, that's not the case at all.

I would be more inclined to believe these "experts" if they offered more of a reasonable explanation. It's when they tell us something like fireworks caused almost 5000 birds to suddenly start smashing in to everything then i have to laugh. I'm 32 yrs old and i can't recall a single July 5th when they brought out the snow plows to clean up all the dead birds off the highways.

When these "experts" stop treating us like we're complete idiots then i'll show em some respect.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I'm losing my patience here.
The "experts" who are being quoted on the MSM and diverting attention away from this disaster claim the following..........
1. Fireworks exploding caused thousands of birds to lose their minds and crash into each other, power lines, buildings and cars. None of them mention that this has NEVER happened before, EVER.
2. Thousands of birds were sleeping in a single tree when a "washing machine like storm" pounced on them and hurled them into the air and "fatally soaked and chilled them" before throwing them to the earth. Again this has NEVER happened before, EVER.
You don't need an open mind to believe that bulls*#t, you need to actually remove your mind.
Here is what REALLY happened.......
Winnie the Pooh and Darth Vader were drinking malt liqour aboard the death star when Tigger came bouncing in on his tail and accidently hit the "Can O Woop Ass" button. Five thousand blackbirds were instantly killed, each blamed the other and went their separate ways to sleep it off.
Each theory is equally ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

I hear ya on this one!! How stupid do they think we are? My favorite is that they got stressed because of fireworks and just started smashing into everything

it's a good guess - if you want to call it a guess - it's the best they can do at this point
homedailynews.com...

there are plenty more out there

good for them - for not saying they know. However - it's at least an educated guess

it helps if you know something about birds - which these experts you're so willing to dismiss do

things these occurrences have in common are:

New Years Eve
reports of storms, lightning, microbursts, tornadoes - and fireworks

birds that flock and roost together - by the thousands sometimes

also - these same birds can't see or navigate at night

fireworks would be enough to spook them - flying blind is a reasonable explanation for them running into things - any things - even each other

it doesn't take much to shock or kill a bird - if the collision doesn't do it midair - hitting the ground will

meanwhile, even Kirk Cameron says - it's not the birds...
marquee.blogs.cnn.com...

:-)

feel better?

but, if you need something to worry about, worry about this:

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Georgia wildlife officials are investigating the “suspicious” deaths of three young whooping cranes that had recently migrated through Indiana and Kentucky to Georgia, where they were found dead on Dec. 30. “They were released in (Wisconsin) in October, and had made it through Kentucky, where they were last tracked using the transmitters,” said Fish and Wildlife Service spokesman Tom MacKenzie. “They had been in this same area near Albany, Ga., for a few weeks before being found dead.” Authorities consider the deaths of the rare birds suspicious because all three were found close to each other, he said. A predator would have normally taken just one, he added.

www.courier-journal.com...

this could turn out to be a real problem

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

because widespread panic is more interesting and more fun - and experts always spoil it all

:-)
edit on 1/6/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: I needed to add a smiley as that was supposed to be funny - but sometimes it's hard to tell

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I'm making a point about "experts" offering ridiculous theories and you toss Kirk Cameron into the mix? You can't be serious! If I knew that when I started this thread I would have quoted him myself as an example of what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

humor, humor Mr. Trublbrwing :-)

what about the rest of my post?

curious - nothing worth commenting on there?

and why so angry?

my point - setting aside my little bit of fun poking is - there are reasonable explanations available

go and see what you can find just by googling: birds fall sky dead :-)

and take the time to do it right - go back through all the years - even pre-internet stories exist on birds dropping en masse from the sky

many theories and actual explanations exist, and if you read through even some of it, you'll begin to realize that it happens

no telling why these recent events have happened yet - still too early - maybe we'll never know

but - it's not a freak occurrence

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

There was no anger in that post, perhaps a certain level of frustration but no anger.
The highest level of awareness usually occurs during and right after an event like this, long before peoples perceptions are clouded by expert opinions and theories. Those few moments of clarity are ruled by instinct, something that most have lost touch with as they ignore it in favor of the status qou.
Where is the testimony from local residents who were witness to a storm so great?
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm saying it doesn't happen all at once in the same place to this many birds without obvious precursors. If you told me 10,000 birds were killed when hurricane Katrina made landfall I would not be troubled because that makes sense. This one just doesn't add up. My instinct tells me it is something to be concerned about.
I say this with the utmost respect combined with a great sense of urgency.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join