It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

112th Congress, they have destroyed the WORLD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oh wait, they just started today, well that is what the Democrats have stated. The new Congress has destroyed the world.

Shall we take a look at what they have done so far? Oh that would be NOTHING!

Let us instead, focus on the past so that we can see the mistakes and NEVER repeat them. So, since the advent of the 110th and 111th Congress, let us take a LOOK at what they have done, shall we?

When the Democrats took over in 2007, the national debt was at 8.7 Trillion in the hole. They finished just 4 years later at 14 Trillion in the hole. So, anything they have to say about debt, can just be said to be LIES.

Let us take a look at the Congress in previous years shall we? Remember that it is NOT the President that sets the budget, but the House.

Now, I am finding it hard to actually find any numbers. At the end of 2006 the deficit was 8.7 Trillion in the hole. I remember the deficits running as high as .5 Trillion. Wondering why the deficit went from the average of that amount to twice the size.

Any help would be appreciated. Just wondering why we went from THAT to our current levels that we are now running. Because what I saw today in the changeover, IT MUST HAVE BEEN the Republicans running the 1+Trillion deficits, at least that is what I took from what was said. I mean the folks had Charley Rangle sitting behind them proofreading the evidence, RIGHT?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Now, c'mon Saltheart, you know, as well as we do, that the Bush budget did not include the wars. The real numbers are much more than the stated amount.

AND the bailouts, and economic crisis we find ourselves in now began during the Bush years. He just had the good fortune to be leaving office as the effects were really hitting. A happy accident of timing.

~Heff
edit on 1/5/11 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Here's some stuff. I found it on them there Internets and copied it to Word, so I don't know exactly where it came from. I'll search around and try to come up with the source:Updete. OK. Here's one source, but I don't think this is original either. It does have some supporting information, so what is below can be considered an excerpt.

#1 As of December 28th, the U.S. national debt was $13,877,230,355,933.00.
#2 If the federal government began right at this moment to repay the U.S. national debt at a rate of one dollar per second, it would take over 440,000 years to pay off the national debt.
#3 If the federal government began repaying the national debt at a rate of $10 million dollars a day it would take approximately 3,800 years to pay off the national debt.
#4 Today, the U.S. national debt is increasing by roughly 4 billion dollars every single day.
#5 The U.S. government is borrowing approximately 2.63 million more dollars every single minute.
#6 On September 30th, 1980 the U.S. national debt was 907 billion dollars. Just thirty years later, the U.S. national debt is over 14 times larger.
#7 According to a recent U.S. Treasury report to Congress, the U.S. national debt will reach 19.6 trillion dollars in 2015.
#8 It is being projected that the U.S. government will be paying 900 billion dollars just in interest on the national debt by the year 2019.
#9 A trillion $10 bills, if they were taped end to end, would wrap around the globe more than 380 times. That amount of money would still not be enough to pay off the U.S. national debt.
#10 The U.S. Congress has raised the federal debt ceiling six times in just the past three years.
#11 The 111th Congress added more to the U.S. national debt than the first 100 U.S. Congresses combined.
#12 The 111th Congress got us into so much new debt that it breaks down to $10,429.64 for each of the 308,745,538 people counted by the 2010 U.S. census.
#13 The U.S. government currently has to borrow approximately 41 cents of every single dollar that it spends.
#14 When you break down the debt that the U.S. government owes to China alone it comes to over $10,000 for every single American family.

I don't really see the point of this 'Blame Bush" stuff. Congress set the budget. Congress has been ruled by Dems for the last 4 years, republicans before that. This debt is cumulative over many years and there's plenty of blame to go around. The point is, Here we are now and how do we fix it. Pointing fingers is not an effective strategy for fixing the issue.
edit on 1/5/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Cough, cough, cough, #shmidgt.

Since 2007, we have gone from 8.7 trillion in the hole to 14 trillion. That is over 5 trillion in 4 years.

Okay, let us say your mathematics were manipulated a bit. So instead we have 4 Trillion in 4 years. The point?

Sorry, I watched the changeover of the house. You had Pelosi saying that they created heaven on earth, would you like me to post her speech? My GOD it was narcissism to the EXTREME! Then you had Boehner come in and did not denigrate the Dems, he wanted to move on.

What happened NEXT? You had Dems lining up to say that it was the FAULT of the RETHUGS that everything they did over the last 4 years.

Please tell me you have ONE bone in your body that can see the truth. PLEASE!

Lies are lies are lies. The INSTANT the Rethugs tell a lie, I will go with you to hang em high. BUT, how bout you calling your own out on the LIES! These FOOLS think that YOU are ignorant, that YOU can be told a LIE and believe it. Do you believe the LIES? REALLY?

Time to take a stand against it. You either see the truth or YOU are part of the problem. PERIOD.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The Four C's of American Politics.

Corporate
Controlled
Corrupt
Compromised

edit on America/Chicagopm0831America/ChicagoWed, 05 Jan 2011 18:52:08 -06001 3152 by BrainGarden because: spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainGarden

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

We have to separate the government from the corporate.

If we do not, none of us will ever be able to work for ourselves, we will have to work for the corporations or the state.

How did that work for the USSR?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here we go again with the democrat blaming the rep. and the rep. blaming the dem. Get real. These people are all corrupt. Both parties. As long as we let them they take their bribes and favors, do whats best for them and their resume's its all gone, We have nothing left to get us out of this hole. We shipped our work force overseas and without the working class to milk the country will crumble. It would take decades to rebuild just like it took decades to lose.
The only thing that would get america back is [ A BUY ONLY AMERICA MOVEMENT] along with everybody pulling all their money out of proven crooked banks and plasing that money in a bank that only invests in america regarless of profit margine.
This isnt going to happen . I would sugest some serious bible studies for it seems like its all comming true on the timeline stated theRE. We turned our back on truth so we reap the rewards. I suguest the teaching oF HERBERT ARMSTRONG , he has picked appart the bible for common man to understand pertaining to prophcy and time lines. Invite a Jehovah's witness to your house. Open your eyes. WE allowed our government to do horrible crimes against man and nature. We are the only ones who can change it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
Here we go again with the democrat blaming the rep. and the rep. blaming the dem. Get real. These people are all corrupt. Both parties. As long as we let them they take their bribes and favors, do whats best for them and their resume's its all gone, We have nothing left to get us out of this hole. We shipped our work force overseas and without the working class to milk the country will crumble. It would take decades to rebuild just like it took decades to lose.
The only thing that would get america back is [ A BUY ONLY AMERICA MOVEMENT] along with everybody pulling all their money out of proven crooked banks and plasing that money in a bank that only invests in america regarless of profit margine.
This isnt going to happen . I would sugest some serious bible studies for it seems like its all comming true on the timeline stated theRE. We turned our back on truth so we reap the rewards. I suguest the teaching oF HERBERT ARMSTRONG , he has picked appart the bible for common man to understand pertaining to prophcy and time lines. Invite a Jehovah's witness to your house. Open your eyes. WE allowed our government to do horrible crimes against man and nature. We are the only ones who can change it.

This post is an example of how you can start out strong, garner my support, then just fizzle into stupidity, and make me feel dumb for initially agreeing with you.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

You have some good points in your position. Thanks for the comment and I will read the person you suggest.

But, I have to ask you your position. Even though you push people to read a certain author or theorist, you must have some insight yourself. Or do you believe everything of the man you would like us to read?

Just wondering.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
As an Objectivist, I want to make sure I am not pilloried for complaining without offering alternatives. All the current economic and social problems we are currently suffering from can be traced directly with the expansion and encroachment of the federal government beyond its constitutional boundaries.

The states and the people need band together and start reasserting their 10th amendment rights (Arizona, Montana and others have made a start).

Repeal the 17th amendment and make the Senate once again representatives of the state governments.

If you’re running for office to state or federal house seats, then only the voters in your district may give contributions to your campaign.

Take away one of the Left’s main tools and enact the Fair Tax. (Make sure your first repeal the current income tax) Any grad or undergrad econ student will tell you that a consumption tax is far superior in generating revenue than an income tax.

Enact legislation that would assert the original intent of the 14th amendment

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
The idea that this means that regardless of the status of your parents in regards to citizenship if you’re born here you’re a citizen is ludicrous.

Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution states that Congress shall establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization.

How can Congress do this with the current open borders we have. There is nothing uniform in the mass influx of illegal aliens into this country. Close the borders and bring sanity and uniformity to our immigration problems.

As the saying goes, it’s not right vs. left, it right vs. wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Well, I will not argue with your premise, I will just present my own.

This is why the US has fallen in rough economic times.

First off, the US has in many instances removed the individual property ownership component of the Constitution. In several states, real estate property is not taxed.

In several states personal labor is not taxed. Otherwise known as income tax.

The US Constitution does not allow two types of taxation. These are PROPERTY taxation and INDIVIDUAL wage taxation. YET in some states and in ALL states, these tax schemes are relevant.

Just wondering when the US citizens became slaves and wussies. Just wondering.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Oh wait, they just started today, well that is what the Democrats have stated. The new Congress has destroyed the world.

"" Democrats have stated "the new congress has destroyed the world" ""

link/source/original quote would be fantastic... thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
There is a big deception getting played here. Who makes the money? Who distributes the money? Why are banks involved and massively profit from a measure of public transactions? The only value in money is the value the people give it. While some argue between left and right political factions, they miss the point on the Banking faction and what money really means and how it really works.

The concept of interest for investments does have a compounding effect which is reflected in the growing debt. Why should millions be made from what should be government property (the dollar) but has been stolen and now held in private hands?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

The reason the numbers were still pretty bad with the previous repubs (I'm an indy conservative), were that spent like crazy as well. Just not AS bad.

Hence, they were chucked and the dems took over.

The new kids know that there re-election bids are targeted again IF they foul up. They will be booted as well.

Then the prob is...who next? Third party? Who knows.

They need to worry more about the republic than their careers.

new topics

top topics

join