It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Linking Vaccine to Autism 'Fraudulent,' Says British Medical Journal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Report Linking Vaccine to Autism 'Fraudulent,' Says British Medical Journal

abcnews.go.com

Evidence published a decade ago, giving birth to the belief of a connection between vaccines and autism, has been deemed outright "fraudulent," according to an editorial published Wednesday in the British Medical Journal.

Dr. Andrew Wakefield, a former British surgeon, published research that seemed to establish a link between vaccines and autism.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums - Please review this link

Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

edit on 5-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Looks like they are trying to cover up any connection between vaccines and autism again. I think it's pretty blatant for a doctor to just come out and say that it is fraudalant. I mean how many waivers have you signed for your children or yourself acknowledging risks of death etc from the vaccine and now they just come out saying that its not possible.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

probably the same people that think autism is caused by exposing children to high population (vehicular travel) areas. afterall, high population public schools never force manditory vaccines....oh wait.

i know the type of doctor he is too. if it doesnt fit my hypothesis, it is FRAUDULANT!

i have mild autism, and still completely refuse vaccines, maybe i subconsciously knew why its so hard for me to make friends.
edit on 5-1-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Good catch. And good post. What can I say. I agree with you. S&F&

Why though, did they wait a decade to come out with this? Interesting.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have my theories and thoughts on this..
Yes I believe vaccinations and autism are linked in someway look at my old posts.

I have been thinking though about something.

Autism and Aspberger's..

Some people who are Aspies are diagnosed at older ages so therefor I am not sure on what to think about the connection of Autism and vaccines, alot of these people who are diagnosed are over the age when they started making vaccinations mandatory for school, they only seen that become mandatory in the late 70's early 80's so this would leave out the vaccines as a cause because i don't think alot of people got them back in the day(last part assuming.)

But i have not researched enough to know what the truth in Aspberger's is and why it is caused. I do have solid proof that the MMR shot my son was given did cause his onset of autism.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I saw this article too, total BS...we has no research to support why they wouldnt be linked.
I also think the water has to do with it too, depending on how much flouride is in it...but maybe not, who knows. they are pumping so much nasty stuff into the things we eat, drink, absorb, meds, ect...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just in time for the massive bird die-offs.

Mandatory vaccines, anyone?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
As far as I know, the Amish do not get vaccinated.

How many cases of autism are there in the Amish community?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I just had my first kid, never had him vaccinated. Not sure if vaccines cause autism or not, but injecting all this crap into a little baby (or adult for that matter) can't be healthy.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

There was a study done a while ago.. I think they said 2 in every 100,000 Link I found this here. on google.. 1 and 10,000. We have 1 and 80 now? or something. The study was done in Lancaster Pa.

The 2 cases on kid was adopted into the community, in other words the kid was one of us.

edit on 1/5/2011 by ThichHeaded because: Strike shows my stupidity.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Here is a link to the BMJ, rather than third-party reportage.

In the first part of a special BMJ series, Brian Deer exposes the bogus data behind claims that launched a worldwide scare over the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine, and reveals how the appearance of a link with autism was manufactured at a London medical school

There is a brief summary of the important points at the end of the article, but too long to quote here.

BMJ 2011;342:c5347

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
As far as I know, the Amish do not get vaccinated.

They also don't have Cars , telephones or thongs

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
As If I believe them one bit. They have no credibility in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Vaccine Studies

I didn't find this myself, I saw it on reddit that links to the studies with this headline

By request, this is a list of 41 separate research studies that have found absolutely no link between vaccines and Autism. Please share this list, so that children and families no longer suffer due to misinformation from winguts and celebretards.

new topics

top topics

join