It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ba9268d97db.png[/atsimg]

www.unchartedthegame.com...

en.wikipedia.org...:_Drake%27s_Deception

That would be the Rub' al Khali desert on the Arabian Peninsula, which Nathan Drake will explore in search of a lost city known as "Iram of the Pillars." Naughty Dog says the word "deception" is in the title for a reason, as it'll be a major theme of the game, evidently even including some kind of deception about Drake's identity. The story will also focus on Drake's mother and father (hmm...kind of like how the upcoming film adaptation will focus on Drake's family?), as well as Victor "Sully" Sullivan.

As for the desert setting, creative director Amy Henning said it was chosen because of the development challenge it posed. "When we first came up with the idea of sand, you see everyone's eyes light up here and go, 'Yeah, that's going to be really hard -- let's do it!'" she said to EW. As for gameplay, EW's report mentions "enhanced backward climbing" and "the ability to fight multiple baddies at once," but doesn't give a lot of details of how these mechanics work. And lastly, Naughty Dog is putting a lot more time and energy into expanding the multiplayer in Uncharted 3, with co-president Evan Wells saying they "want to take on the big boys of the multi-player genre."

www.1up.com...

If you enjoy action, adventure, mystery, and shooting then this will be the game for you. Drake searches for an ancient city which has never been discovered but was considered the Atlantis of the Desert. This is a real location and a real mystery that has never been solved.

I can't wait for this game to finally come out but it's more than 11 months away!

* For PS3 Only
* Release Date November 11, 2011
* Rated T
edit on 1/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
looks great, pity about the wait till november 2011!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I got the game on Tuesday and it took me about 9 hours to beat the game on Normal mode. My overall review of the game is extremely positive, a 10 out of 10 does not do it justice. Perhaps it is due to a personal bias because I love the game series, in fact I loved all the games created and developed by Naughty Dog. Still this game is incredible whether you have played the series before or not. Graphics were stunning, storyline was one that pulls you in, the characters are so developed it seems like you know them, and the gameplay is fantastic. Running from collapsing buildings, escaping a sinking ship while being thrown all around, fleeing a lost city being absorbed by the sea of sand which surrounds it, shooting on horseback, plenty of fist fights, and visiting beautiful places for mythical tales which the game brings to life.

If you are a fan of action-adventure games and own a PS3 go to your local game store and rent the game or buy it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Another fantastic game. Storyline is a few hours shorter than Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, which is a shame but oh well...

The multiplayer has been improved on greatly. I just hope Naughty Dog put in more effort towards the storyline rather than multiplayer in their future Uncharted games.

Possible GOTY for sure.

top topics

join