It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover 'missing link' between the Big Bang and the creation of stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
interesting is the ratio of carbon to iorn found
35 times higer than estimated in our sun

Astronomers have discovered the 'missing link' in the evolution of the universe following the Big Bang, it was claimed today.
For years scientists have known nothing about the 'dark ages' of space - a period between the Big Bang 13.7billion years ago and the creation of the first stars.
But Cambridge University researchers have now captured light emitted from a massive black hole to peer into this unknown portion of the history of the universe.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

xploder

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
interesting is the ratio of carbon to iorn found
35 times higer than estimated in our sun

To avoid further confusion I should clear this up a bit.

The ratio of carbon to IRON back then directly after the "dark ages", i.e. the period between the creation of the universe and the creation of the first stars, had been estimated to be 35 times greater than what our suns is today.

NOT that our suns carbon to IRON level was actually 35 times higher than its estimated values.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

thank you for the correction
i was starting to think that the sun would be electro magnetic instead of nuclear with numbers like that
lol
i guess the observation was of iron/carbon in the atmosphere of the gas cloud
was going to write a theory of an electric sun based on these observations so i guess
you saved me from looking silly
on the nature of the explosion it seams the amount of gases are forming new stars with high iorn content or is this incorrect?

xploder

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

thank you for the correction
i was starting to think that the sun would be electro magnetic instead of nuclear with numbers like that
lol
i guess the observation was of iron/carbon in the atmosphere of the gas cloud
was going to write a theory of an electric sun based on these observations so i guess
you saved me from looking silly
on the nature of the explosion it seams the amount of gases are forming new stars with high iorn content or is this incorrect?

xploder

I was also trying to note how you kept spelling iron incorrectly.^^^

Given that the levels of iron and carbon were 35 times greater than they are now, then I would say more carbon was being formed because when a dying star starts trying to fuse iron in its core, then it goes supernova.

Key word in their statement. Ratio
edit on 5-1-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

i understand your reference to the nuclear reaction process said to be taking place inside suns and iron being the last combination of elements before a nova explosion
have you heard of the magnetic sun theory
where there is no nuclear reaction taking place in the sun
instead the reaction is electromagntic ocilations from a iron core and that is why iron is found is the reminents of nova explosions
what i mean to say is if nuclear forces created iron, at what point would that iron become an electro magnet capable of blowing the helium and hydrogen from its surface
is it at al posable the sun is ocilating at a frequency that matches the gasses in the form of plasma and ejects them from a magnetic point of veiw rather than an explosion of gas?

xploder

new topics

top topics

join