It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Nevada Chemtrail/Contrail Pic Near Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First, I'd like to state that I've never been a die-hard follower of any of the Chemtrail conspiracy theories, but it certainly seems plausible that they could be spraying something, although for what reason and what they’re exactly spraying I haven't a clue.

Anyway, I thought I’d share this picture I took with my phone while driving through the desert in the middle of nowhere Nevada near Area 51 between Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/818b5344afdc.jpg[/atsimg]

The picture was taken with my Samsung Vibrant on Dec. 28, 2010 at 1:37pm.

I was in Nevada on Hwy-95 looking west (possibly SW) near the Hwy-6 junction, so the picture is facing the Western edge of Nevada and Northern end of Death Valley National Park in California.

The sky was virtually cloudless except for the crisscrossing patterns of chem/contrails, and the temperature was around 50-60 degrees F with zero precipitation.

Is this area of the desert a popular airplane flight path intersection, and ideal for regular contrails?
Or, is something more sinister afoot, ahem, dozens of chemtrails?

Any thoughts?

*edit to add*
The actual picture is much bigger horizontally. I'm not sure how to embed the entire thing, but it is viewable in my media profile.

edit on 5-1-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

nice picture there

have no idea what the hell they are spraying but what ever it is, there is a lot up there in that pic.
i wished someone could shine a light on this subject.
its weird i think.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i dont know much about this whole chem trail thing i dont know why they'd wanna dump chemicaLs out there, but i know they aint contrials or else there'd be an airport or something around. but anyways why the criss cross effect? ive seen it in a few pictures and it dont make sense for it to be contrails, youd need #loads of air traffic for that

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by macG84

Thanks. Me too, I'd love to figure it out!
I should have pulled over and snapped a few more pics because one pic doesn't really do it justice.

The werid thing is that there were zero clouds and chem/contrails in the sky when I looked East out the passenger side window, and 50 or so miles East would be AREA 51!

Maybe, this is where every airplane changes course to avoid flying over Area 51?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JarredAus

I agree, the crisscross effect was so prevalent and werid it is what made me take the pic.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There are thousands of flights a day in the skies,all leaving some sort of contrail, depending on atmosheric conditions. I am still waiting for evidence of chemtrails.
While it is a nice pic, and I am not trying to troll your thread, but this whole chemtrail idea is out of hand.
edit on 5-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I agree, and I'm not saying they are definitely chemtrails, I just found it odd that this particular desert area out in the middle of nowhere with the population of zero and the next gas station is 30-40 miles away had this many crisscrossing contrails. And to add they were incredibly close if not directly over a National Park.

Doesn’t that strike you as odd too?

Yes, there are thousands of planes in the sky at any given moment, but if they all left contrails similar to the picture then the skies of huge metropolitan areas with large airports would look like endless checkerboards.

I said the sky at the time of the picture was basically clear blue and cloudless, the temperature was 50-60 degrees F, and there was no rain in the desert. Are these the right conditions for contrails such as these?

These chem/contrails were very close to Area 51. This particular area could have been where most planes divert around the base's restricted airspace, thus the unusual amount of air traffic. These contrails could even be made by top secret military aircrafts from Area 51. Or, multiple planes could have been spraying chemicals deep in an unpopulated area of the desert high up into the atmosphere for who knows what reason.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

This bears repeating, so often....because it is mentioned time and again:

I said the sky at the time of the picture was basically clear blue and cloudless, the temperature was 50-60 degrees F, and there was no rain in the desert. Are these the right conditions for contrails such as these?

Sky "clear" just meant that normal cirrus hadn't formed, nor were there suitable nuclei, or triggering events for natural cirrus to form....the actions of the airplanes, on the other hand, do cause contrails (when temperature and relative humidity are appropriate). AND, the temperature on the ground (were you were) has NO BEARING whatsoever! The "rain" comment is also irrelevant....rain comes from different types of clouds, not from cirri-form.

Cumulus mostly, and from clouds at much lower altitudes than cirrus and contrails....above 28,000 feet it is always well below freezing....rain comes from clouds that form and dwell lower in the troposphere.

_____

I just found it odd that this particular desert area out in the middle of nowhere with the population of zero and the next gas station is 30-40 miles away had this many crisscrossing contrails. And to add they were incredibly close if not directly over a National Park.

More irrelevance.

The airplanes making the contrails were passing by, from distant departure points to distant destinations...
Not all flights will make contrails, not always, not everyday, not at every altitude, etc.

..... Area 51. This particular area could have been where most planes divert around the base's restricted airspace....

No, no "diverting" necessary....the National Airspace System and Airway Route Structure already account for the Restricted Areas associated with the Groom Lake Range, and the other locations nearby. While not directly "overhead", we do skirt the area....on routes from, say....Denver to San Francisco, NYC to SFO, SMF....etc. AND, flights more Northerly/Southerly too....(pick two cities, you can see on maps the likely routings). I will give you information links below.

_____

Or, multiple planes could have been spraying chemicals deep in an unpopulated area of the desert high up into the atmosphere for who knows what reason.

Nope. LOTS of normal passenger commercial air traffic through there, every day.

Someday, I swear I'll learn how to do a screen-grab for you guys... can't seem to figure it out...

Meanwhile, I have to walk you through it. Go here:

skyvector.com...

You were driving between LAS and Tahoe? Groom Lake ("Area 51") is just west and lightly north of LAS, so you can start there on the Aeronautical Charts.

On "SkyVector", upper left corner...type in KLAS, and click "Go". You will now be looking at the VFR "Terminal Area Chart" (TAC) for LAS (Las Vegas).

You want to see the Jet Airways, so click the tab labelled "Enroute H-4"

Unfortunately, the way the Charts are laid out, LAS is near the edge....the "flipside" is Chart Enroute H-3...and you can manipulate the screen to see it. (It's much easier if you can get your hands on paper charts.....they are constantly being replaced, in paperwork revision cycles...so once they expire, are worthless and therefore FREE!)

The routings flown by jets at high altitude are delineated....but that isn't ALL...because often, traffic and airspace concerns permitting, jets will be on more "direct" routings too, per request and approval by ATC.

When you look at H-3, over there by the Coaldale VOR, you see the R-4807, R4809, the Tonopah Test Range, etc. ALL associated with "Area 51".

edit on 6 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join