It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Traitorware?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Source

Your digital camera may embed metadata into photographs with the camera's serial number or your location. Your printer may be incorporating a secret code on every page it prints which could be used to identify the printer and potentially the person who used it. If Apple puts a particularly creepy patent it has recently applied for into use, you can look forward to a day when your iPhone may record your voice, take a picture of your location, record your heartbeat, and send that information back to the mothership.

This is traitorware: devices that act behind your back to betray your privacy.

I have been familiar with the printer issues for quite some time. Never use your printer to send a letter you don't wish to be traced back to you. That's old school.

It seems that things have gotten even more invasive. Technology is a double edged sword. It's your best friend at noon and your worst enemy at 3.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

You can say that again

I just read some of the apple software terms & many disclaimers etc & they have even worded it like you could be prosecuted for the third partyness of it being used without your knowledge or permission.

Thats reassurance for you

Cheers for the heads up but dont have a printer, not that that means anything lol

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Yeah, I have faced same problem few days back. The police raid happened in my place...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
I have been familiar with the printer issues for quite some time. Never use your printer to send a letter you don't wish to be traced back to you. That's old school.
It's apparently laser printers, specifically color laser printers, ostensibly to be used to identify the source of counterfeit currency, but which can have nefarious uses also.

But I don't have any laser printers, just some inkjets that couldn't possibly make a passable counterfeit like a color laser printer might. I don't think inkjets have the codes but correct me if I'm wrong.

But yes, the iphone is shaping up to be one of the most invasive spyware devices in history. It's scary.

new topics

top topics

join