It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Food Crisis Has Hit The Mainstream Media...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

Thank you for the thought provoking comment. I like your metaphor, it makes sense.

Personally, I eat very few calories a day but that's another story. I really feel sorry for the poor people in poverty stricken countries.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Thank you so much for your protest about the lack of interest in this thread.

TBH I was very lazy putting this together. There is far more info about this coming food crisis but I assumed ATS'ers knew this. Therefore I just wanted to point out that it hit the msm. Maybe I should do a more detailed thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Proof positive that globalism doesn't work.

The Constitution of the United States required the government to store certain staples for the population,they dropped that ball awhile back.

It would seem that the framers/founders were once again correct.

Welcome to the "Old World Order".

Nothing ever changes,they just give it a new name.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Well, I am pretty sure most of us here have heard about the coming food shortage.

I had always kept an open mind about the food supplies for the Wetern World but when it hits the BBC I am pretty sure we are in trouble. Don't get me wrong, we will probably always have it better than a lot of countries but when we (the western world) are being threatened with food shortages then we know something is up...

BBC Article

posted on 11-8-2009 @ 05:17 AM

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While I believe the swine flu itself to be a total crock of nonsense, I think they are going to use it as an excuse to lock this country down to keep the protests and food riots from getting out of hand as they further implode the economy.

I have no doubt they know what is coming and are looking for ways to deal with the civil unrest that is going to take place.

Of course, the swine flu did indeed turn out to be a total crock of nonsense, however my predictions of food riots is close at hand for the US and, as we can see, is taking place across the rest of the globe as we speak.

Make no mistake - we will experience the same pain before this is all said and done.

They will find an excuse to lock us down and take the guns away.

Am I a visionary prophet?

No.

I simply study Austrian economics.

40 million people on food stamps baby - its going to be a hell of a party when those food stamps no longer buy a loaf of bread.

edit on 19-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Good post, thanks. I will research the Austrian Economics.

Thing is, I have heard reports that Swine Flu is far more abundant than the media would have us know.

I always thought that the media hyped swine flu to scare us and get ratings but recently I have heard there is a blackout on the severity of swine flu for reasons unknown to me. I have even heaard rumours that it has mutated.

Time will tell...
edit on 19-1-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by mnemeth1

Good post, thanks. I will research the Austrian Economics.

Thing is, I have heard reports that Swine Flu is far more abundant than the media would have us know.

I always thought that the media hyped swine flu to scare us and get ratings but recently I have heard there is a blackout on the severity of swine flu for reasons unknown to me. I have even heaard rumours that it has mutated.

Time will tell...
edit on 19-1-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

The swine flu IS more abundant, it just isn't as deadly. That is the key. Flu cases weren't turned in to the CDC in years past, so the chances are people had the swine flu, or some other strain, but didn't know it.

Of course it has mutated. Flus mutate. The thing is, they don't always mutate into some made-for-tv-movie killer strain.

The media blackout about the swine flu is because it ISN'T deadly. If someone has a confirmed case of flu, any flu, it doesn't matter what type, that info is now sent to the CDC. Well maybe not all cases, but a lot. If the CDC has info that all of thses people are surviving the swine flu, big pharmas lose out big time.

You always have to follow the money. Big pharma and the corporations that own the major media outlets are financially linked.

And just to bring this back to the original topic, the corporations that own the media outlets also have a vested interest in food corporations so freaking everyone out about food shortages makes the it easier to boost prices beyond simple cost increases so there is no loss of profits for companies.

- mike

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

I appreciate what you are saying and you are possibly right. However, this nurse was saying that they have otherwise healthy people in the ICU(Intensive Care Unit) with swine flu and beds are shorter than usual because of swine flu victims coming in all the time.

Hey, it could be bullsh. She sounded very convincing though...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join