It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAV Present and Future Capabilities Intel Brief - UNCLASSIFIED. Swarm? WTH, This is biblical.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Heres the link to this report and much more. Keep watching the skies. UAV's are the future of warfare. Can any one say SKYNET?

This briefing is classified
Major General Blair Hansen
23 October 2009
UNCLASSIFIED

Some topics:

Overview
 Why Unmanned Aircraft Systems
 Evolution of Capabilities
 Growing Demand
 Emerging Missions
 Challenges
 Vision

Unmanned Aircraft Systems Present & Future Capabilities.
This briefing is classified unclassified.

Some Pics:

Download .PDF via Site Cryptome:

UAV present and future

Ps. File was tested by Norton AV and its ok. No virus/works fine.

More information:

What is a UAV / Types of UAVs

Its really cool know about how military can do things today that some years ago we called science fiction.

edit on 5-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Question to the mods:

How can I fit the picture in the ATS page screen without resize the pic in the photoshop?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Excellent topic. S&F

This is definitely not your father's military, huh?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The swarm UAV reminds me of the book "Prey" by Michael Crichton.

en.wikipedia.org...(novel)

Great book, didn't end well.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Swarm behaviour:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47b4f70a5552.jpg[/atsimg]

Swarm behaviour, or swarming, is a collective behaviour exhibited by animals of similar size which aggregate together, perhaps milling about the same spot or perhaps moving en masse or migrating in some direction. As a term, swarming is applied particularly to insects, but can also be applied to any other animal that exhibits swarm behaviour. The term flocking is usually used to refer specifically to swarm behaviour in birds, herding to refer to swarm behaviour in quadrupeds, and shoaling or schooling to refer to swarm behaviour in fish. By extension, the term swarm is applied also to inanimate entities which exhibit parallel behaviours, as in a robot swarm, an earthquake swarm, or a swarm of stars.

From a more abstract point of view, swarm behaviour is the collective motion of a large number of self-propelled entities.[1] From the perspective of the mathematical modeller, it is an emergent behaviour arising from simple rules that are followed by individuals and does not involve any central coordination.

Swarm behaviour was first simulated on a computer in 1986 with the simulation program Boids. This program simulates simple agents (boids) that are allowed to move according to a set of basic rules. The model was originally designed to mimic the flocking behaviour of birds, but it can be applied also to schooling fish and other swarming entities.

wiki

Nanorobots with this behaviour/contoled by humans is what of best and scary in a horror / sci-fi dystopian movie plot.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

This came to my mind:

Grey Goo Theory

The dangers of nanotechnology have been highlighted by Prince Charles this week. While nanotech has the benefits of ultra lightweight materials, superfast microprocessors and atom manipulation few consider its danger scenario. If a single nanobot (robot on nano scale) can reproduce itself out of raw materials through atom manipulation, what if it doesn’t stop? If each nanobot reproduced itself and this trend continued it would mean an exponential increase in nanobot population. More nanobots = more raw materials processed. On the atomic scale however raw materials all look the same, a bunch of atoms. So a pile of sand or a human are the same to the nanobot. If rouge nanobots started reproducing they could consume all life on earth. The expected result is grey goo. This grey goo would be everything on earth converted into nanobots. If one rouge nanobot escapes how can you stop it beginning the cycle of destruction. You can’t see it, you cant squash it like a bug.

But ultra fast processors would lead the way for the next generation of computing and A.I. Lightweight materials would produce more efficient vehicles and allow contruction of larger buildings. Atom manipulation would allow longer life and cure diseases.

So I ask you, are the benefits of nanotech worth the risk?

Source

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Very scary stuff. I remember seeing a doco a few years ago on artificial intelligence/swarm intelligence.

From Wikipedia -

Swarm intelligence (SI) is the collective behaviour of decentralized, self-organized systems, natural or artificial. The concept is employed in work on artificial intelligence. The expression was introduced by Gerardo Beni and Jing Wang in 1989, in the context of cellular robotic systems.[1]

Swarm Intelligence

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

Indeed.

And know, I read about the new Chinese Stealth Aircraft. This pdf was leaked by Cryptome too:

Photos in the pdf (tested with Norton A/V. Its ok/works fine too:

China Stealth

I dont know if this is off topic, but its a cool plane.

J-20 Stealth Fighter Flight Test

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

The next step has been expected for a long time, and that's artificial intelligence.

When robots of any kind can have enough intelligence to, at least, identify targets, detect problems and work together, then things will become completely different from what they have been until that point.

Interesting subject and interesting times.

PS: another source, this one more "official".

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by RUSSO

The next step has been expected for a long time, and that's artificial intelligence.

When robots of any kind can have enough intelligence to, at least, identify targets, detect problems and work together, then things will become completely different from what they have been until that point.

Interesting subject and interesting times.

PS: another source, this one more "official".

Thanks ArMaP. Grey Goo Theory came to mind. Things completely different become scary to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Awesome!

They move Nature against human kind!

Great (awesome) thread, friend!

S&F.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hello Arken, Me thinks its nanorobots. But nature its becoming one of PTB tools too.

Thanks to showed up here, friend.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Jeez, the more I read about future tech., the more I become some wimpy pacifist

It saddens me that we use our "intelligence" and resources to create such highly effective killing machines. I wonder how long it is before these sorts of craft are flying over our own neighbourhoods- for "our own protection", of course. A very interesting and depressing read!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

Yeh, you know. Big Brother is watching you. And he can kill you withouth left any evidence.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

You are welcome.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I recall that there has been some eexperimentation with clouds of ions....
It apears that such collections of ins can and do start to act intelligently with the right stimulation.
Thats not to say they demand to be taken to our leader or anything, but it may be possible to use this propensity to enhance computing power somehow.
Imagine a brain that could be expanded simply by energizing another few billion ions in a swarm of them....
It seems that we could probably build nanobots who eat our self replicating nanobots to reproduce themselves...
Thus they would cancel each other out eventually....wouldnt they?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Do you have a link? I would like to learn more about this.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Exactly.

Also, kind of like the plot from the movie "Terminator".

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wonderful.
I'm so proud to be here. Just think of the minds that these are programmed by.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Earthlings like you and me. Yes. They are people like you and me. Aren't they? Yes THEY ARE.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join