It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 wounded in Omaha shooting, suspect found dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

2 wounded in Omaha shooting, suspect found dead

news.yahoo.com

OMAHA, Neb. – A student opened fire at an Omaha high school on Wednesday, wounding two adults and causing students to rush into a school kitchen to take cover before his body was found in a car about a mile away, authorities said.

Omaha police officer Jake Bettin said no other students were wounded during the shooting at Millard South High School.

Two adults were wounded and were taken to Creighton University Medical Center. Their identities and conditions were not immediately known, and Bettin did not have any further details about the suspect and how he died.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This appears to be breaking news, so not to much information just yet. An alternative headline is the student shot the principal and the assistant, but other news says the principal was only injured. omaha.com...-south-shooter-dead-principal-injured

This must be something personal. I wonder if a diary will be found online or if this can be connected to the other school shootings not just columbine but also the more recent florida school board shooting. It seems like the school systems are quite dangerous i hope more people consider the benefits of homeschooling.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
news.blogs.cnn.com...

cnn is saying the shooter was a senior who has been shot unfortunately, and now we may never understand what was going through his head. i have a feeling this is just the beginning, two shootings at identical times (arizona mall and omaha school)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.kgw.com...

here is another officer shot. that's three shootings in one day people! the omaha school, arizona mall and this oregon officer shot.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How soon before they say "we don't know why he did this, and we may never know"?

I noticed both of the adult victims bore the title "Dr." Is that a school or a new world order psych testing facility?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This school is literally a few blocks from, I have several friends that went there. Basically the shooter transfered there from Lincoln in November, another city in Nebraska. He posted a message on facebook before he did the shooting saying the school turned him into this and for people to remember him for who he was before the shooting. He had been recently suspended, what for isn't known yet. His dad is a Omaha Police Detective and there has been wide speculation the gun the shooter used was his dads and that he was wearing a bullet proof vest. Shooter was found dead in car a couple miles away, sef inflicted wound. The Principal and vice principal of the school were shot, with the vice principal, a woman, dieing this evening. Sad how this occured.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well i have to add here

that the asst. principal has died.......

This was like a non-existent story..
It got a 2 min. spot on the news....

Sad indeed.

top topics

join