It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recipe for a Successful 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Recipe for a Successful 2011

www.infowars.com

The year 2011 brings in a host of opportunities and challenges to America. Will we accelerate toward economic insolvency by continuing the policies that have created this crisis, or will a new Congress elected on the energy of the Tea Party movement find the courage to change course?
With the new Republican majority in the House I will have the opportunity as a subcommittee chairman to take a careful look at our domestic monetary policy. I am excited by the prospect of real oversight of the Federal Reserve, but I also hope to focus on the important ways in which our foreign policy and monetar
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There will be much work for us to do in the next year and in the next Congress. We need look no further than the grossly unconstitutional and immoral policies of the Transportation Security Administration – demanding that we either be irradiated or fondled to travel in our own country – to see that those who would deprive us of our civil liberties on the empty promise of full security will not be giving up easily. We must continue standing up to them and we must not compromise. We must not allow the out-of-control Department of Homeland Security to impose an East German-like police state in the US, where neighbors are encouraged by big brother or big sister to inform on their neighbors. We must not accept that government authorities should hector us via television screens as we go about our private lives like we are living in Orwell’s 1984. I am optimistic that the incoming Members of Congress understand the importance of what they have been entrusted with by the American people. But I do hope that those who elected them will watch their actions — and their votes in Congress – carefully. An early indication will be the upcoming vote on re-authorization of the anti-American PATRIOT Act. Defeat once and for all of this police-state legislation will be a great way to start 2011 and the 112th Congress. We must move ahead with confidence. Our numbers are growing. Happy New Year!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm wondering what you hope to see happen in the next few years as regards the Republican majority Congress. Sounds like a repeal of the Patriot Act is high on your list. What else do you expect and hope will be addressed by this Congress?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Im hoping that not only does the Patriot Act, but the Unconstitutional legislation is repealed. Not likely, but with the Repubs owning the House, which is the " purse " of the Senate, maybe we can push for real change. Like I said, very unlikely, but one can hope.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Republicans vote to repeal patriot act ? Lmao pigs will fly before they ever do that...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Yeah i know. But stranger things have happened?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Mate you are optimist but the reality is : One coin two sides

Sorry but Us people have to make enourmous changes to back their goverment in own hands .
Cleaning of all 535 kongresmens and senators except 3 or 4( so you have 1% and below who realy represent people and not big corporations,banks,elite )and re election.
Withdraw the troops and all private mercenaries and private firms from Iraq and Afghanistan .
Elect real president (50 years are passing from last president of US) Kenedy
New laws for Mainstream mediums (they are dumbing down normal people)
And i can write here all night but at the moment this is SF.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Excellent work. We have no hope in sorting out the problems if we cannot see them. Yeah things are a mess but one step at a time and we gradually get closer.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

It would be nice to think that this would happen, but remember this is the Republican (I owe my soul and vote to the company store) Party we are talking about. They could care less about the majority of the people in this country, even the ones who voted for them. Almost all of the security legislation out there is there to protect them and their slave master corporations. Maybe, just maybe, if we could pull the heads of the American people being mistreated by our so-called government out of the sand, they will see what is happening and in 2012 make the necessary changes.

top topics

join