It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the people need?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is an off shoot of my beck thread and will probably prove just as "invigorating"(?)on the blood pressure:

Here we go: it was commented "we need a new party to" get "the people" what they "need"
What would that be? and can it be accomplished within our constitutional republic staying true to the founding tenets?

what the people need:

1) protection from "opressive" govt.
police/fire protection
protection from predatory corporations??
really fast motorcycles..(?).
2) unquestionable: freedom of speech
guarantees(?) of :
"affordable" healthcare options.
water?
food?
housing?
shoes/clothing.

Pulls pin. Puts fingers in ears; lets the "spoon" fly tosses into the room and
you're up:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think that we need Ron Paul.
edit on 5-1-2011 by iversusvsversusi because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by iversusvsversusi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I’m an Independent, so seeing a new party emerge that can make a difference would be nice. But with Corporations now able to donate unlimited amounts. It would be very had for a third party to get started without some form of corporate money. It would best to start a movement inside one of the current parties. The Democratic party would my be first choice. Since Sarah Palin has already started her own movement “The Tea Party”, inside Republican party.

Maybe a New money vs. Old Money Party Campaign idea might work. It just a thought. Last November, the Independents went Republican. Mostly frustrated over job loss, unemployment and a stagnate economy. A sound grass roots strategy can make a difference. But you have to sell it to the public, not just talk about it. They have to see an immediate benefit. You have build a new or better party from the ground up.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Still?:
The"teaparty" is a grass roots effort to protest govt waste the name refers to the" boston teaparty" (no matter what garbage Garafalo spews from her "pie hole.."). Palin started the "Momma grizzlies". Neither is a "nationally recognized party" as are the democrats/republicans and libertarians.

That's all; I'll butt out again.

edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The way this country is changing in the past few decades, this is what I see:

It's a drastic point of view...but...

What the people need, is to stop feeding the machine.
The only way to end this mess is to collectively stand up and yell, "WE WON'T DO IT ANYMORE!"
People need to realize that we are being taxed to death, literally.
We are being forced to pay to live.
If you don't believe me, then try to live without money.
Ask all the unemployed how they are doing it.
Without the gov't checks, they wouldn't be.
Try this...
Live without money and survive in 'society'.
You can't do it.
Without some form of money.
It's disgusting.

Do you think that you will take drugs from an addict when they can make as much as they want?
I look at money like a drug.
We can't live without it.
Well, not everyone can live without it.
This "life" depends on it.
It's ashame what we have let control our lives.
Debt and money.

There comes a time when the people need to say enough is enough.
When they need to stand up and see that self-reliance is more important than 'globalization'.
More important than fortune and fame.
But, you won't see that.
That's the entire problem.
When you have a country in love with money and greed, you have a control mechanism.
...and we are being controlled from every aspect of our lives.
Birth to death.

But, you see, therein lies the problem.
If we stop, 'feeding the machine', we will cause our own demise.
Because then, there will be panic, chaos and destruction.
Total economic destruction and collapse.
From the inside out.

Then those elites, with the wealth that was stolen from us, will start again.
Just like 'they' wanted in the first place.
So that they can institute the solution.
A new beginning.
A new world order.
To them, the 'old' world order is failing.

That's why I am prepared to live without money.
I will not bow down to the beast any longer than I have to.

Of course, that's why most people think I'm the crazy one...

edit on 5-1-2011 by havok because: added a line.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have an idea for a third party.

Some may like the idea, some may hate the idea.

We are all SOVEREIGN. Yes, sovereign. As defined in the Constitution-

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The first component is the most important. Everything is based upon the structure that WE create. Be it mathematics or physics it is all based upon the framework. You cannot have calculus without basic math. You cannot have stellar cartography without basic astronomy.

You have a base, you have to define that base. Otherwise nothing can exist.

Let us take a look see shall we?

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

This is the basis of our grievance so to speak. We defined the problem, then we did something about it. Yes, I am using the ROYAL WE. Get over it.

One must realize two tenets when discussing governance. First is the basic, that WHOM is the governed and WHOM is the governor. If you follow the tenet of our founders, everyone has the exact same relevance.

So ask yourself, if everyone has the same relevance, how are we to protect them? Are we to protect them by fiat? Or are we to implement a system that requires equal relevance under the LAW?

I have to say this to finish, there has been ONE time and ONE time only that this has happened. Yes, it has been attempted before and after. But the problem is, there has always been a presumptive coalition of enterprises to denigrate the system.

Tell me, think about it, has there been systems that have attempted the same core values? No, they have always attempted to equate privilege with equality. That is what we have to defend against.

Anyway, God Bless and Peace my fellow freedom fighters.

top topics

join