It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes playing tricks ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Can conditions like temperatures, lighting, dew, humidity, lunar cycles, atmospheric pressure and any other scientific stuff affect vision and or cause hallucinations?

Can sleep deprivation, emotional state (fear) cause hallucinations?

Really would appreciate feed back if any.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sleep deprivation can most certainly cause hallucinations and psychosis if the sleep deprivation continues over a long period of time. Edit- stressed emotional states dont help either.
edit on 5-1-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hell yeah sleep deprivation can cause hallucinations.

Look up your symptoms...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes, no sleep and extreme anxiety/fear can cause this.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Sleep deprivation can most certainly cause hallucinations and psychosis if the sleep deprivation continues over a long period of time. Edit- stressed emotional states dont help either.

Is there a typical point where a person generally shoes sighns of sleep dep (a typical time sleep department kicks in) or is a case that everyone is or has different tolerance to it?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What about atmospheric conditions? could they provoke this ?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewalters1

Originally posted by CREAM

Is there a typical point where a person generally shoes sighns of sleep dep (a typical time sleep department kicks in) or is a case that everyone is or has different tolerance to it?

If I understand what your asking, the effects of sleep deprivation set in gradually and each person is effected differently (also matters how much you eat, if your staying up from caffeine etc etc). Hallucinations often set in after 2 or 3 days without sleep, but it can be more or less. Or, if you arent staying up all night and are just not getting enough sleep(like just a few hours a night), it may be a week or more before you start having more intense effects than just fatigue.

How environmental factors affect all of this, I have no clue.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It depends what you mean exactly by environmental factors, I mean I know I've heard things like magnetic fields can cause you to feel, see or hear things. Whether that's scientificaly proven or not, I don't know.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I've had alot of hallucinations because of sleep deprivation but the other morning I was up early and took my daughter somewhere,on the way back I was so tired I closed my eyes a couple of times.I could hear music and lyrics so went to turn the radio down,it wasnt even on.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Atmospheric pressure can cause lack of oxygen above 5000m above sealevel or something
that lack of oxygen can cause hallucinations.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

top topics

join