It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global food prices hit record high

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Global food prices hit record high

edition.cnn.com

Food prices hit a record high last month, surpassing the levels seen during the 2007-08 crisis, the UN's Food and Agricultural Organisation said on Wednesday.

The Rome-based organisation said the spike was not a crisis. But Abdolreza Abbassian, senior economist at the FAO, acknowledged that the situation was "alarming". He added: "It will be foolish to assume this is the peak."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
But eh, according to the numbskulls in governments all around the world, THERE'S NO INFLATION... niet, nada.

This is caused by that bastard Bernanke and his BS QE2... that and a boatload of Indians and Chinese getting richer and wanting more food... and the climate going nuts.

Increased demand + Bernanke QE2 (since most commodities are prices in US dollars) + decreasing harvests... = massive inflation.

Can we please drop the US dollar as commodities denomination for better food prices? Please? Please?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Its all about Population Control - Bilderbergers behind it all. (Check them out) They won't go hungry - Their new World Order is not based or altruistic care for the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiseupall
Its all about Population Control - Bilderbergers behind it all. (Check them out)

I know all about them, went to one of their meetings... people should research those bastards.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just to answer without a quote . Prices will go up as we are unable to produce ourselves.
this is part of THE PLAN so live with it or die which is the plan of tptb.
you can bitch about it or do something about it. your choice.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Don't forget gasoline too.
It's $3.21 a gallon where I live right now and going up every couple days.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I knew I wasnt crazy! I do the shopping in our house and Ive been noticing that everytime I go get grocerys now my bill is higher. And I mean every two weeks the prices have gone up again! (Not gradually over time, which used to be the norm.) It's getting harder to stretch our income to meet our needs, and with a little one on the way this situation is getting scary indeed!
edit on 1/5/2011 by Hatcookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They do research them but usually end up dead and dead men don't speak. David Icke has researched them deeply. Was soooo ridiculed but now has a following of millions. You may not agree with all he says but he just gives you the FACTs and tells you whats going on - his life has been threatened many times.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

We are currently paying £128.9 a litre here in the UK, Diesel is even more. Food here though can always be got for cheap although with that comes quality issues. You want nice sausages, you pay, you want lips and A-holes then you can have all you want for pennies

edit on 7-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join