It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. D'Amato Urges Bush To Dump Cheney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It seems that at least one Republican thinks Bush would fair better if he got rid of Cheney, but by the way the artical sounded, Bush got his feathers ruffled a bit and had his "atitude" going due to D'Mato's urging to dump Richard Cheney, : lol : , that is so funny,.... arguing among the ranks. It seem's that John Kerry's choice of his running-mate is making others a little nervious.
GOOD, they need to be,...... LOL !

Bush's terse response to a question asking him to compare Edwards with Vice President Dick Cheney - "Dick Cheney can be president. Next?" - seemed aimed at two targets.
The first, of course, was Edwards, the newly anointed running mate of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, who brings proven charisma but a relatively thin political resume to the campaign wars
The second appeared to be Republicans such as former Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York who would like Bush to reconsider his own options, especially in the wake of Edwards' selection.

www.newsday.com...

www.newsday.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Sen McCain or Colin Powell would be a better choice in my opinion. Either of them could pull in way more votes then Cheney could. Has there ever been a president that has dumped his VP before?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I can not remember any time that a president dumped his v-president, for a better running-mate. But, being a Democrat myself, I must admit that D'Amato is right and Bush would be wise to take the man's advice, but of course we're talking about Bush here so , hmmmm

Ok , my fiance said when I asked him your question ( ShadowXIX), that yes it has happened at least one time and it was ; MeGovern dumped Eagleton for Shiver.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by nanna_of_6]

[edit on 8-7-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Sen. McCain will surely pull votes and is a more likable figure Colin Powell might get bush some votes from the black community which favors Democrats but bush is loyal and I don't think he would dump Chaney.
The shock of Chaney being dumped might cause him to have a hart attack

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

The shock of Chaney being dumped might cause him to have a hart attack

That would be funny
. To bad that would be only wishful thinking on many peoples part
. There would be a party going on if he did have a heart attack

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
D'Amato?

Hey, there is another agenda here for him to be making such statements and it is definately a red herring. While the suggestion will appear reasonable to some, coming from D'Amato, no, there is definately something else going on here.

Anyone from NY lurking about with anything to add to why he would be doing this?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
D'Amato?

Hey, there is another agenda here for him to be making such statements and it is definately a red herring. While the suggestion will appear reasonable to some, coming from D'Amato, no, there is definately something else going on here.

Maybe it has something to do with this.

www.capitolhillblue.com...

Cheney really screwed-up this time and the judge in France is no one's fool and no one to mess with from the way this artical talks. BYE BYE CHENEY and BUSH, don't let the door hit you on your way OUT

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The festering pile of sh*t that is the Bush administration, the most corrupt and criminal government in US history, cannot be saved from prosecution or incarceration just by dropping a Vice President or "president" from the ticket.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
McCain hates Bush, and Powell isn't that keen on him either. On the account of making him look like a fool at the UN, and letting Rusfield do his job. There are serious doubts whether Powell will hang around for the 2nd time, if Bush wins. Bush won't drop Cheny, it would validate all of the bad things people are saying, but if Cheney had another heart attack and droppd out?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The festering pile of sh*t that is the Bush administration, the most corrupt and criminal government in US history, cannot be saved from prosecution or incarceration just by dropping a Vice President or "president" from the ticket.

I agree with you 150% , the Bush admimistration needs to "fry" just like anyone else would for the criminal acts against the USA, Armed Forces and the Iraqi people. Every time someone states that Bush is a Christian, I want to
. The citizens of the United States all need to write to their Congressmen and demand that they start the Impeachment process to rid our White House of these criminals.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'd like to see Powell or McCain as VP, but like someone already said here, it's not gonna happen. But I do think a replacement for Cheney could significantly change the administration. It looks like some of the "Traditional" Republicans have decided they're going to try to reclaim the white-house puppet from his NeoCon masters.

-koji K.

new topics

top topics

join