It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Triangular Craft Stationary over Chile 1-5-11 (update: video analysis)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
reply to post by onehuman

Damn good video, one of the best I've seen. I wonder if anyone else had filmed it and if so hopefully we will see.

This is the only video, in fact the only mention of this incident on the web. Seven hours later and this is the only source?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Santiago de Chile papers say the OVNI appeared after the earthquake on Sunday.
Will be interesting to see if there are other reports about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I like the video but I am a bit thrown off on the timing thing. It says right now and it's nightime in the video. The current time in Chile is 119am 1-6-11. It says it was uploaded 12 hrs ago. Which means it was uploaded around 1pm Chile time. So since it's night time in the video I am a bit curious as to when it was actually recorded as the video has no time stamp.

I also checked the local Chilean news and can't find anything. Very interesting video and found quite a few more from Chile on my search the best of which was this one.

www.youtube.com...

Can't seem to get the videos to embed arghh

Anyway I have a hard time believing something that big would go unseen and unnoticed by the news when it would have to have been last night at least.
edit on 1/5/2011 by Phantom28804 because: updated post and link

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't understand why people post a few minutes of footage of UFO's that don't move. I would like to see the full video - the whole encounter or did the person put the camera down and go watch the Biggest Loser? I would be impressed seeing the lights suddenly rise up or move forward but to just sit there screams lanterns or other hoaxery.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Like many others here have said, It's most likely lights on the side of a hill or mountain. There are plenty in that area. There is nothing more you can do with this unless multiple witnesses come out in the news or more videos from different perspectives are provided. I guarantee neither will happen... so, let's move on.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

that and the bird and fish thing. Another HAARP light misinterpreted as a craft?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Truth be known, we simply cannot say at this point, and cant make any qualified judgement without more data.
I give it a weak maybe....

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
as an ATS ambassador on Chile, I can help here to debunk or prove this video. Please provide where it was recorded, time of recording and I can give you helpful info.
It seems legit for me, but still, I need to debunk it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am bothered by the craft or whatever just not moving during the entire video. Unless the occupants are hovering there on purpose to let everyone see them, I can't imagine the craft wouldn't move at all during an 11 min time period. Granted, we all want a video that lasts awhile, not just a few sec, but even better if the craft does something, not just sit there. So, what is it? UFO, or lights on a mountainside? As pointed out, Chile has lots of mountains, so a night time video doesn't show us enough. Why doesn't the Craft hover for 11 min during the day so we can all tell its definitely something or not. Again, we have an iffy video that is ambiguous. Lights in the sky, even stationary, just doesn't do it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
as an ATS ambassador on Chile, I can help here to debunk or prove this video. Please provide where it was recorded, time of recording and I can give you helpful info.
It seems legit for me, but still, I need to debunk it.

that's just it.. we don't know where in Chile it is located ..

2nd to be sure.. incase this is not enough ..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Let me know when it's day light and the things still floating around there.

Oh wait, that's not in pitch black with a blurry out of focus camera.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Really impressive. Thanks OP. S/F

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is something you will seldom hear me say on this forum...

That is a some very impressive footage.!

I would like to see the extended version, see it "leave" or depart that is the important part. Not hard to do.

It could be a hoax, nothing that i can tell that it is though. Nothing that i can identify indicating conventional or known craft. Possible it is some kind of black Military craft if so what country?

China
US
UK
Russia

Chili?... that i doubt

Lets not assume it is ET quite yet, if someone could provide some witness testimony that would be of some help, someone collaborate on the sighting?
edit on 5-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I really hope this is the real deal, but I super doubt it. I've been looking all over the place for any more info about this case (and the possible one in Holland, like the second poster claimed) but I cant find jack. I will be following this thread pretty closely though. These are the posts I love most in ATS - the ones which require ATSers to come together and share the info they find. Good luck in your quests!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Normally I am really excited to see ET's, but I will have to admit I wasn't impressed with this one. I kept noticing how low on the horizon the lights were. Points against it are:
1. It never changed orientation with the camera or even with any recognizable landmark.
2. when the other craft flew by there was no alteration of course, seems conventional craft would want to avoid a collision with a possible interstellar craft.
3. The lights kept their relative positions, however when in focus there were more than just the three, and these seemed to indicate something other than a triangle.
sorry, but the conclusions i have to come up with is they are simply lights in a ridge, nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's probably lights on a hill. And just as a little challenge, I would ask the person who recorded this to tell us the exact vantage point he took this video from, and show us the same scene from the same angle during daylight hours. I wouldn't at all be surprised if it showed this to be a hill.

Come on, guys. Use your critical thinking.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I would like to know if this sighting is right beside a ski resort, which could have their night time lights on.

If you look at this photo of Vancouver - where I live - You will see one of our ski resorts, the lights make a triangle if viewed from the correct angle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35fee25da3fd.jpg[/atsimg]

I would like to know where this video was taken

if there are no ski resorts in the area, I would DEFINITELY chalk it up to a ufo craft.

I would be much more convinced if the lights were moving.

edit on 6-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
well, its a good thing ATS is now a world wide phenomenon, and that users from all over help make this on line experience so much more meaningful and interesting!

Regarding the video, well, in its current state no much can be really deduced, the lights on a hill explanation doesn't sound to feasible to me, as there isn't really any parameters to judge orientation or position of the cameraman and its target.

At its current compression level, no one cant even tell if this is cg or not, which could well be the intention in the first place.
Very interesting video, but it wont pass any further scrutiny in its current state, once we have more data, a fair judgment can be consented.

On the other hand, no one can really disprove it anyhow, and a sighting like that is not unheard of, ships have been stationary over large cities before.

So any Chilean members of ATS, any news from your side of the story? or are you as we a bit more up north, scratching our heads, some wanting it to be real, others wanting it to be fake...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
see same craft in video from last month @ youtube " UFO Interacts with Objects". if you watch both vid's its obvious they are the same , the lines are EXACT.the vid from New orleans also shows some strange activity asociated with the craft.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Too bad this is a fake video, well, not fake, but definitely 100% NOT a UFO Mothership.

Rule of thumb: whenever the sound is missing it's fake because they don't want you to hear cuts in the video, and other creative moments within the video, etc.

Rule of thumb 2: No sound AND a night video: 100% of videos not a UFO.

Sadly another case of wishful thinking.

I just hope all of you UFO believers out there know what you're hoping for when the day comes and they do come to earth. All of our lives will change in an instant --and not for the better, & MANY new laws against your privacy and freedoms will be gone.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join