It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Triangular Craft Stationary over Chile 1-5-11 (update: video analysis)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think to often people see what they want to see, rather than questioning and taking a good look.

In this first capture I've worked with the levels curve to show that the light that comprise the sort of triangle are stationary and very low in the sky. You can see the power line above them and the tree tops below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c00b608877a7.jpg[/atsimg]

Then if you look at this capture in one of the few frames where the lights are sort of in focus, it is not exactly a triangle and its multiple lights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29da1068c5ba.jpg[/atsimg]

I think your looking at lights on a hillside along a winding road. Not only that we have seen multiple videos the last couple of years from the same area that turned out to be lights on a hillside that may be the same hillside. Attention seekers no doubt or children.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This looks genuine compared to most videos out there and even more so due to the lenghts of the clip.
I tried desperately to find anything to focus on between the lights, like a fuselage, but no...

Did the camera man stay up until this object "flew" away perhaps? I would for sure. Is there any other recordings from this area? If there was any friends nearby did they catch it on a cellphone or camera or anything???

I would really like some more info abut this one.

Overall its a very good footage and ill hold my thumbs for it to be friendly aliens

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vesica

You don't find it odd the so called craft was stationary and never moves? Even more odd that it is being filmed between power lines as its so low in the sky it's likely on a hillside?

To me a good video shows recognizable details not lights in the distance that could be anything, including houses or streetlights on a hillside. Critical thinking leads to truth, blind acceptance leads to good fiction and wild guesses based on thin air.
edit on 1/5/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

We don't need to backengineer anything, we are quite capable of building all manner of wacky aircraft on our own.

The idea that we could backengineer something from a civilization that travels the stars is bad sci fi. It would be worse than the Romans trying to backengineer a stealthbomber.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That thing must still be there or else they would have filmed it leaving.WHere is the footage of that thing leaving?That is the most critical part why leave it out?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This could be an example of Earthlights , they are often associated with geological activity , so if this was filmed before an Earthquake it may be the answer .

Example of Earthlights captured at Mt Adams Washington
vimeo.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I think your looking at lights on a hillside along a winding road. Not only that we have seen multiple videos the last couple of years from the same area that turned out to be lights on a hillside that may be the same hillside. Attention seekers no doubt or children.

What we need is a picture taken from the same place in daylight, then we can eliminate lights on the hillside theory. Another (mundane!) aircraft passed in front of the lights, we can see the tree lines and rooftops throughout the video. Good video, looking forward to this one. s+f

Lewtra

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

That would be the ideal situation. I don't know how you could locate the original person who knows, or if they are playing games how you could get them expose their own hoax.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Goddamn it you beat me to it!

Indeed, it looks like the cameraman was filming down... A bunch of light posts...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Great video, but sadly no determination can be made until further investigated by others outside of the cyber-investigative world. Lets all be honest with each other here and admit that we don't know for sure what we are seeing here. We know what we'd like it to be, but there are lots of variables that need to be considered. What does this area look like in the daytime? Other witnesses? Has the raw footage been examined for tampering or editing...etc? Something to corroborate this claim.

This alone doesn't stand as evidence of anything else but lights in the sky.

How can we further research this?!

1) Contact the youtube member?
2) Get all information out of him/her regarding time/date/location?

That's a start at least.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

TRUTH

dont fall for their trickery

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyeleigh
reply to post by Condemned0625

TRUTH

dont fall for their trickery

lol that video is a static background image witha CGI ship put in, he then zooms into the image and moves around making it look like a shaky camera...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I saw something like that when i was flying into Vancouver, it turned out to be stationary lights atop recreational mountains. Chile has a huge mountain range, maybe they put up lights within a day or 2 and the person who recorded the video just noticed it and was surprised. Not saying thats what it is, but looks like it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is the same ufo guy who posted this yesterday
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
This is the same ufo guy who posted this yesterday
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually you have it a wee bit wrong... NYC812 posted this and the other one yes, but she is not the Original poster of the videos A lot of times she will repost other videos that are of a spanish type language so more will see them. She will also dubbed them when she can.

The original poster of the video for this thread is actually SuperBing2011. If you really pay attention to the videos, you will see she always gives credit to the original poster. I forgot to look at the one you posted, but I can see she mentioned the op in that was as well just by the screen shot.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Ok sorry my mistake.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Vesica

You don't find it odd the so called craft was stationary and never moves? Even more odd that it is being filmed between power lines as its so low in the sky it's likely on a hillside?

To me a good video shows recognizable details not lights in the distance that could be anything, including houses or streetlights on a hillside. Critical thinking leads to truth, blind acceptance leads to good fiction and wild guesses based on thin air.
edit on 1/5/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

And we've had UFO videos that show recognizable details, and they're always stated they're CGI fakes...

No one is ever able to be happy.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Seriously. It's either "believe" or "don't." The evidence is there for you both ways.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Oh look yet another irrevelant night time video
edit on 5-1-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
The triangle did not change its orientation once over twelve minutes. I call a hoax. The lights are either CGI or are stationary because they originate in street lights or houses on a hill.

Exactly. This is Chile, people. Look at the map. The mighty Andes mountains run along the entire length of Chile. In the mountain range will be highway passes, ski resorts, recreation spots, etc. This just looks like that stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join