It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Triangular Craft Stationary over Chile 1-5-11 (update: video analysis)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
To me, it looks like an object hovering in a stationary position...

But what the heck? No one is ever going to know. And as soon as someone finds out, there will be a thousand alternate theories gathering the same audience and amount of attention.

This is why we get no where with youtube videos that have horrible upload qualities and skeptics that just assume everything is CGI, Props, or some other funky hoax.

Then you have the over-doer's. The "Omg that's a galactic federation vessel from Omicron Perseye 8!" ...

... ... ... let it sink in for a while ... ... ...

This video is uploaded in 320p. You can clearly see heavy pixelation and loss of quality. You can't even see a star in that video. So how are you going to distinguish the difference between a street light and a light hovering in the sky? Get real folks. All you have is your own opinions.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by reg
Just done a quick Google search, it seems the video was taken in a town called Santiago, Chile LINK

There is also the same video on youtube with a Spanish(?) title that says it was filmed on the 3rd youtube link

Also on youtube are unrelated videos showing the area of Santiago during the day.

Mountain lights, compare the video in the link and the OP, lights are too static imo but you never know

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Personally,
I think you just spotted the solution to the problem.
This definitely makes me think it was just lights from an opposing mountain.
1000 stars from me.
If I could.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

It's US military. The small end is actually the rear. It hauls very large and heavy payloads inexpensivley. Don't ask how I know. Nice knowing you all, I will probably be locked up for a partial mindwipe again because of this but I don't care anymore. There, that is called disclosure and it's the only disclusure you're likely to have in your lifetime.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru
To me, it looks like an object hovering in a stationary position...

But what the heck? No one is ever going to know. And as soon as someone finds out, there will be a thousand alternate theories gathering the same audience and amount of attention.

This is why we get no where with youtube videos that have horrible upload qualities and skeptics that just assume everything is CGI, Props, or some other funky hoax.

Then you have the over-doer's. The "Omg that's a galactic federation vessel from Omicron Perseye 8!" ...

... ... ... let it sink in for a while ... ... ...

This video is uploaded in 320p. You can clearly see heavy pixelation and loss of quality. You can't even see a star in that video. So how are you going to distinguish the difference between a street light and a light hovering in the sky? Get real folks. All you have is your own opinions.

this is actually a question about your signature... why that day??

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

i think you bunked it...
THAT looks really similar to the video almost a perfect match, all you have to do is be at the bottom of the mountain range.

The pixelation of the video really doesn't lend any credence to a video being faked, because not everyone has the same quality equiptment internet speed included.

Now the same city/town with a good explanation like lights in the middle of a mountain side are a perfect explanation. Notice you could not see any stars/sky behind the helicopter/plane or the "supposed UFO"... The mountain range blocked them out.
edit on 1/6/2011 by Brainiac because: sp error

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

It looks like Orion to me. That would also explain why this was seen in other countries as well. Anyone else see Orion here?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I see those lights too, in Canada. EVERY TIME I look into the southern sky at night. It looks to me like it's the constellation ORION.
I was also unaware that they made digital video cameras WITHOUT sound in Chile?
Better luck next time, guys!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by noroman

I can imagine hills or mountains with buildings on them too, the so called front part of "the ship" would be a hill or mountain behind the back part of "the ship", the 2 lights on the back are brighter.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by noroman

some people will never be happy with anything unless its an alien shaking hands with obama himself, jeesh, do some research into this before dismissing it away so quick, this is definitely one of the better videos out there, and deserves to be looked at more closely

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverSword
reply to post by Condemned0625

It's US military. The small end is actually the rear. It hauls very large and heavy payloads inexpensivley. Don't ask how I know. Nice knowing you all, I will probably be locked up for a partial mindwipe again because of this but I don't care anymore. There, that is called disclosure and it's the only disclusure you're likely to have in your lifetime.

Well, THAT was certainly a interesting input! I will ponder that for a bit indeed.

Anyhow, yes the op is a woman and Im a big girl now, all woman actually, and Im certainly not in any fear of my feelings being hurt, so now that we have cleared that up....

I mentioned a few pages back before I went to work this morning that I actually wrote to the op of the video to try and get a few answers. I am still waiting for a response, but I do know she is always good at getting back to me so I for one will wait and see.

I have to say though, some great input from the members!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Its clearly swamp gas

reg

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fretz
Its clearly swamp gas

NO!!!! I think you'll find it was the planet venus...... and by the way you didn't see anything.. GOTIT!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Two days, Ten pages, One hundred forty-two flags.....all for a night-time video of lights on a mountainside hoax??

Thanks to old_god here on page Ten for restoring some sanity....but, really the definitive answer was already given, WAY back on page Two:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Boggles the mind..........

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god

Originally posted by reg
Just done a quick Google search, it seems the video was taken in a town called Santiago, Chile LINK

There is also the same video on youtube with a Spanish(?) title that says it was filmed on the 3rd youtube link

Also on youtube are unrelated videos showing the area of Santiago during the day.

Mountain lights, compare the video in the link and the OP, lights are too static imo but you never know

Those are planes of the FACH (Chilean airforce), departing, geining altitude and turning to their left one by one. The woman said "It's the same thing I saw last year". Air pilots during a practice, that's all. I remember Phage clarified another similar video from Santiago de Chile, some time ago. I agree.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodKilla
Anyone remember the Pheonix Lights?

Some are saying that: There is no "dark area" between the lights, so its not a UFO. Well, if you remember the testimony of the observers of the Pheonix lights incident - especially the witnesses that observed the craft fly over thier home just north of Pheonix, they said that you could see right through the craft, like it was translucent. Like they could see the stars through the craft, bending the light of the star as the craft passed in front of it. Could this be why you cannot see any dark areas in the video?

(its called active camoflauge)
edit on 6-1-2011 by GodKilla because: spell-check-FAIL

Actually MOST of the witnesses to the earlier sighting, not the flares dropping behind the mountain later at like 10pm said, that the craft blocked out ALL of the stars in between the three lights, thats how they "knew" it was one large craft.

I've never heard one witness and I've studied the Pheonix lights case pretty indepth say that the triangular craft. (BTW, any three points of light make a triangle, LOL) Was translucent, and they could see stars between them.

Please post a link to any witnesses who said that, I'd be Very interested. Not about the flares a 10 pm, but the supposedly HUGE craft that was spottedat about 8-8:30 pm. Which again everyone I saw interviewed specifically said it blocked out all the stars, and was a blue-ish black gun-metal color.

But back to the topic at hand. There's no proof of anything in the video. Sure it's unidentified, because the quality is junk, and no local, or points of reference were given. But if I was a betting man, I'd say campers on the mountain side w/ lights. Or, Orion. The perspective, I believe is deceiving ,and makeing it hard to tell what it really is.

But just because something is "unidentified" doesn't mean it's a Mothership from Zeta Reticuli.

Some people want to believe so badly, they are willing to look past flaws in evedince.

I'd LOVE to see real footage of an alien space-craft, but in all the video I have watched, I cannot say for sure that the unidentified things people catch in photos or video is alien spacecraft. It could be many things. Things that are much more likely. So yea, Until I meet them face to face, No video, or pictures is gonna suffice, because the level of CGI, and simple trickery with flares, lanters, ballons, remote control craft with LEDS are everywhere, and yes they look so authentic.

I bet the type of people in these threads that simply KNOW this is an Alien Spacecraft, also believed that the Haiti CGI video was real as well, till it was debunked 3 days later.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

Great job debunking this one BTW- SO

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If it stayed there for hours, then I'm sure someone would have gotten a $30000 5 megapixel video camera and filmed it with clarity.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What I notice most about this video are the odd placements of lights. I refer to the little light very close to the far light on the rear of this supposed black triangle. That, to me, doesn't seem to fit with any other images I have seen of UFOs where the lights are arraigned in a symettrical fashion. It's could Orion, or lights on a mountainside. I can't say that I SEE Orion here, but I'm not 100% sure that it's not. All I can say for sure is that the smaller light seems out of place, and that I doubt this is a genuine black triangle.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by moondoggy2
I was also unaware that they made digital video cameras WITHOUT sound in Chile?
Better luck next time, guys!

Doesn't anyone ever read all the way through the threads anymore???? The original video did have audio. The man who everyone says posted the original video NYC812 got it from superbing2011 and he most likely copied it from this one and failed to get audio with his copy. So if you speak spanish at all you might be able to translate what was said.

This video has the audio...

edit on 6-1-2011 by Moose318 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My opinion says those lights look a little too bright to be a star constellation. It does look like a UFO but I can't tell 100%. I wonder when people are going to just start popping off shots at these kinda things to see whats really up. Although in all honestly, I have to say if they are aliens and they're just chilling in our airspace, that to me anyway, demonstrates hostility. We may not be the most evolved creatures in te Universe but this IS our home after all.

Rent ain't cheap.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join