It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Governor's Killing Stirs Mixed Emotions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Salman Taseer, a liberal politician close to President Asif Ali Zardari, was shot 14 times Tuesday by a bodyguard who was apparently incensed by the politician's opposition to the blasphemy law....Some people screamed "Allahu Akbar" (God is greatest) as (the killer) entered the court. Others threw rose petals and clapped.

Mr. Taseer was an outspoken critic of Paksitan's (sorry but) retarded Blasphemy Law, and had gone to the aid of a Christian woman who was recently sentenced to death for allegedly saying bad things about Islam...this, again allegedly, during a heated argument she had with some Muslim co-workers who refused to drink from a bucket of water because she (as a Christian) had touched it.

Three hundred lawyers told a court they were willing to defend the member of an elite police force free of charge.

Nice...

"According to my thinking and my faith, I cannot accept that any blasphemer of the Prophet should be allowed to live. He must be killed," said Omar Zaman Moghul, a labor union leader who resides in Islamabad.

Well, there you have it...so I guess, by extension, if one opposes the death penalty of a supposed blasphemer then he/she should also be killed.

Apparently some people think he should have just been arrested and tried (and, I assume sentenced to death by a court) instead of someone just taking it upon himself to shoot the guy 14 times.

Just additional evidence that any country that does not have a clear separation of Church and State, to begin with, or more particularly adopts the concepts associated with Sharia Law...is going to be an ongoing house of horrors.

Just sickening.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 5-1-2011 by mobiusmale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
HA HA HA HA the animals prove what they are ...... most Americans don't understand how these sheep hearding opium growers are captured by a violent approach to dealing with their religious insecurties! I don't see this as a strength but an obssive cumpulsive disorder associated with religious fanatics ...

this is just a sick disgusting religion ....... that will be the death to all who will not convert!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

There is another thread about an ultimatum to corruption in Pakistan www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would not be surprised if this killing was related to that, media has just put a different spin on it. Would not be the first time the media covers up the Western corruption going on over their.

join