It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be mindful of Bird Kill, Fish Kill event dates...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Not sure where this post actually belongs, so into "General" it goes...

As stories about bird kills, fish kills, animal die-offs, unusual events/ phenomena continue to heat up, posters should be mindful of the dates these stories were generated and/or the events occurred.

Lists are being created and posts being made that have the "appearance" of cumulative events when in fact some of these events occurred months or even years ago.

I noted this earlier, but it really hit home about 1 a.m. when posts about the bright green river in Victoria started showing up. At first glance we might assume this the latest in a string of bizarre reports that started New Year's Eve, and now seem to be occurring with more rapid succession. We might "confirm" the story - wow - very creepy. To relieve some of the creepy we might think "Surely it's a hoax - with all these dead fish/ dead bird reports coming in from around the world, someone is just adding to the sensationalism." Then we (see, me) read that the culprit was fluorescein - a readily available compound used in common applications - so, yeah, surely a hoax playing on the dead fish/dead bird reports. Haha. Good one....

But the Goldstream Green River event actually occurred December 29, 2010, and the discovered cause (in part) was reported December 31, 2010. It just didn't pick up momentum until today. Still very creepy - but maybe not the same degree of creepiness.

Actually, depending on your take of the whole thing, it may be more creepy since it occurred the same day the 100,000 Arkansas River fish kill occurred (or was reported) - and the hoax wouldn't obviously be playing off all the dead fish/dead bird reports since they hadn't happened yet....

Still - creepy or not, we should be mindful of the dates we're really looking at.
edit on 1/5/11 by sjrily because: OCD Spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I agree that dates and details can slip and become 'confused'

Maybe someone should record all events on a separate 'one-off thread' for ATS ??

There are examples of other strange animal die-offs one of which occurred in May 2010 but nevertheless I don't think we should ignore them as they are barometers of our environment...

www.bbc.co.uk...

PDUK

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

That's what I've noticed here too. People just drop links of what's relevant to the thread but lots of those links are outdated by months even. Then someone notices the link and it spreads falsely as a current event. Like the dead birds in South America video that's been circulating where people are saying it just happened but it actually occurred in early 2010. When people post links please state if the content is even somewhat current.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I agree with that, and think that anything after the BP oil disaster should be scutinized.
I would hope somewhere, someone in the authority are keeping track. Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I see what you're saying and notice the same types of things.

But what your thread title suggested to me was that dates, locations, and timelines should be compounded as something 'we,' the people might do ourselves in an attempt to see what associations might turn up somewhere.

But maybe the bird die-off has been solved by the Chinese, I see, so after a quick S&F I'm off to check that thread out...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just been reported on Main Mews here in NZ birds now falling from the sky in Sweden (given time difference I think it happened yesterday 5th Jan/11.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It would be great if some trusted person would make a thread documenting all these incidents from around the globe.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
I agree that dates and details can slip and become 'confused'

Maybe someone should record all events on a separate 'one-off thread' for ATS ??

There are examples of other strange animal die-offs one of which occurred in May 2010 but nevertheless I don't think we should ignore them as they are barometers of our environment...

www.bbc.co.uk...

PDUK

Great idea! I don't want to discount less-recent dates by any means - as you state, it's all relevant - pre-BP, post-New Year's, and everything in between. We want to discover real patterns (not emotional ones).

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I live less than an hour from the Morganza spillway in PC Parish...it's less than a minute from my hometown of New Roads, LA. So far have no confirmed witnesses to the birds actually falling from the sky, but a few friends of mine still living out there say 500 is a conservative estimate...mostly redwing blackbirds and starlings...but no other breeds mentioned.

Arial combat between rival flocks? Competition for hunting grounds?

or a cloaked Bird of Prey monitoring Miss River levels....?

Still waiting tox repts on samples collected....we shall see...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien
It would be great if some trusted person would make a thread documenting all these incidents from around the globe.

In an article I just saw, the USGS did a search that revealed 16 such incidents reported over the last 30 yrs...
Baton Rouge news local story

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That is creepy, true say. I thought it happened on newyears because of the forum. creepy it happened the same time as the fish

new topics

top topics

join