It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY Bank is Enforcing ONLINE Banking for 2011??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I deal with a provincially run bank here in Canada. The teller I spoke with, over the holiday season, asked me if I was set up to do online banking, to which I replied "Yes and Why?". She answered by saying that beginning in the new year of 2011, it will be mandatory for all it's clientele to be registered and required to do online banking. She also shared that alot of seniors were not very happy with the new policy.

My question to my fellow ATSers is "Have any of you heard the same things from your banking institutions?". I personally like the idea but I would like to hear what others have to say. Yes, the personability of dealing with a teller is nice, but the convenience of online banking outways the human element.

The only time I want direct human interaction (not number prompted preprogrammed voice messages) is when I need attention regarding problems with my account. I feel for the people of less computer literacy skills. It's not an easy transition for some. Will they just have to suck it up and learn? Probably... But maybe the bank should wait on one more generation before implementing these new policies, or at least until the demographic of teller users compared to online users is less than 1%. Agreed?

Mandatory online banking will put everyone legit on the grid. Just one more step towards a cashless society. What will all the potheads pay for their weed with then? And THAT, my friends, is the REAL reason why alot of people rise against the NWO. They are either fighting for legalization of majayjay, or they are against a cashless, microchipped society. Give them legalization, and I guarantee they will be more open to the idea. Then, the only people that would fight the system will be criminals and drug cartel that are the filth of our society anyway... And really, who wants these criminals on the grid. Either they straighten up and be on board or be deemed an outcast for the rest of their days.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Get a new bank.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I haven't been given 'the ultimatum' yet, I hope I never do.

I hate online banking. The timing still sucks, deposits still take forever to register, but charges and fees still show up instantly. I just can't stand all the computer-to-computer transactions because I only use my computer for leisure.

It's the sheer pureness of the business model.

In order to maintain an increasing profit--you must eventually give the customer less for the same money or the give the customer the same amount of service for more money...and the greatest move of all?

Require that customers receive less of everything for more money. Genius!

So basically, the bank is going to save tons of money on printing and mailing costs while requiring the customer to have an internet-competent computer, which costs a tidy sum unless you don't mind waiting 10 minutes for a page to load in this modern internet...

I think this is kinda like a landscaping service requiring you to have your own lawnmower.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We have Online Banking in Germany for Years now,even small local ones have that. I think its a pretty normal move in this cyber World we live in now. Assuming your PC and your Banks Website is properly protected.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
We have Online Banking in Germany for Years now,even small local ones have that. I think its a pretty normal move in this cyber World we live in now. Assuming your PC and your Banks Website is properly protected.

So, in Germany if you don't have a computer you can't use a bank?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

You're absolutely spot on and I like your gardening analogy.

I reckon this must be a 'let's see how this flies' exercise by the bank. I'd never do online banking, there's data breaches almost daily and I sure as hell wouldn't trust that my own PC is 100% spyware free.

What a great way to prevent a run on a bank, "sorry your connection has timed out."

It's one more step towards the cashless society and we should all fear that.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Unfortunately there is no such thing as 100% secure online banking, and there never will be. Nothing online is secure just as there is no anonymity online. You are always at the mercy of other people's and corporation's agendas.

Encryption helps but history shows unbreakable codes never stay unbreakable forever. For the first time in our civilisations history we have gadgets (iPhones n iPads) straight out of Star Trek. So just try and imagine how incredibly advanced computing in the military industrial complex is.
edit on 5-1-2011 by spookfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

I was avoiding ONLINE BANKING for security reasons but was recently forced to switch over because of unreliable postal service in my area. My worst nightmare came true this morning when malwarebytes identified my being infected by spyware.banker. From my research this malware is very difficult to get rid of.

Here's the clincher...

When I set up E-billing with my ISP/Tele/Cable provider... they were the one's who actually sent me the infected email. WTF??? What happened when they entered the email account to be used into their databanks... is that it sent off (triggered) emails to all my other email accounts that I had in my contacts. A McAfee alert also popped up... but it never actually identified the malware. After running a full scan with malwarebytes... spyware.banker turned up and was isolated. I would advise everyone who has ONLINE BANKING to run this free scan to see if they also have been infected.
edit on 18-3-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hederahelix

BUMP...

edit on 18-3-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

top topics

join