It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40,000 'devil' crabs wash up on Kent coast after dying from hypothermia in freezing sea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ApostleTriad

Let me get this straight..
Phase 1: Extra hot summer.
Phase 2: Inexplicable extra dimensional beings.
Is that right?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Changes to the earths magnetic field along with solar flares and gradual pole shift would surely effect Bird, Animal and Sea Life - just hope we are not next on the list. On top of this we have the man made abuse of nature ie. the BP disaster affecting the Gulf Stream hence all the currents of the world. Vortexes opening up in Norway and the Gulf of Aden where the biggest gathering of military might from every key country in the world have converged - Can we really expect life to go on as normal - NORMAL HAS GONE!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well i have done a bit of research regarding current SST's around the UK coast to account for this hyothermia excuse thats being labelled here.

Jan 2011 SST - UK As you can see the sea temperature off of the coast of Kent is 5oC. This is normal

Jan 2010 SST - UK As you can see the temperature off of the coast of Kent was 5oC. Which again is normal.

This 40,000 devil crabs, in my opinion were not killed by cold weather. The sea is pretty much the same temperature this January as it is every january.
edit on 5/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Exactly, living in a working fishing port on the Southern Coast the impact of a change in the sea temperature would have dire effects on the meagre industry left standing.

From what I understand these crabs are common in the North Sea up to Norway, so cold should not be to much of an issue for them

I guess if more of these events occur it'll get harder to keep shoving them under the "to cold" banner.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Another Report:

First, it was birds falling from the sky, then thousands of dead fish washing up on shore.

Now, more than 40,000 Velvet swimming crabs have wound up dead on England beaches. The possible reason? Hypothermia.

The Thanet shoreline is littered with the crabs, along with dead starfish, lobsters, sponges and anemones.

www.thestar.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Thanks for that information. Those numbers say it all, and we know it's been no colder than December. Although, coming to think about it, do you know if those numbers are surface temperatures or sea floor temperatures? Maybe the currents are carrying something toxic?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

These are just a couple of pictures I've seen of this, after a bit of reading apparently while they do live off the coast of shetland & Scotland they "prefer" warmer waters and live from southern Norway to Western Sahara in the North Sea and north Atlantic as well as western parts of the Mediterranean Sea, on rocky bottoms from the shoreline to a depth of about 65 metres (213 ft).

They don't burrow to keep warm when the water temperature drops however the average costal temperature has been rising (around the uk at least)over the last several years, so how legit is the official reason of it being because of the colder sea?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

I doubt the reason is very legit, especially if they've been used to living in these waters.
Going by the pictures, it looks like the local seagull population had a lovely feast!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Yes.

I live in Kent, not far from the said area.

I actually live in Thanet, and I dont remember being that much colder than ever before - I certainly struggle to bellieve the hypothermia explanation.....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaStarr

Thanks for that information. Those numbers say it all, and we know it's been no colder than December. Although, coming to think about it, do you know if those numbers are surface temperatures or sea floor temperatures? Maybe the currents are carrying something toxic?

These are Sea Surface Temperatures, unless there is a buoy nearby, you'd struggle to get a sea floor temp reading. The North Sea isnt that deep so there wouldnt be a great deal of difference. The currents could have something to do with it, carying smwthing toxic or harmful to marine life, such as a virus type organism.

The hypothermia reason is almost as bad as the fireworks reason...i'm getting bored of these tedious excuses

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcoming

Today I was walking around on the campus I'm working, and guess what?! There where a lot of students talking about the ufo's they are seeing, the 2012 prophecy and the things I am reading here on this forum. We carry a lot of christian students also, I was wondering if it is fear to give them a change to talk about this experience in maybe an education way., for example a Guest College or a class debate. We also have a note on this school that moslim-students ca get a day off on Ramadan.

What do you think about it?

I've got Wubbo Ockels maybe on a Guest college next week.
Love to hear your feedback!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

i dont want to be a nerd but your signature has the word dish?...is it meant to be fish....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiseupall

Changes to the earths magnetic field along with solar flares and gradual pole shift would surely effect Bird, Animal and Sea Life - just hope we are not next on the list. On top of this we have the man made abuse of nature ie. the BP disaster affecting the Gulf Stream hence all the currents of the world. Vortexes opening up in Norway and the Gulf of Aden where the biggest gathering of military might from every key country in the world have converged - Can we really expect life to go on as normal - NORMAL HAS GONE!

I'm starting to think that everything is fine... except the pole shift as caused a shift in weather patterns... and this is the initial shock of it...

Look at china with 1200 roofs collapsing from ice and sleet... evacuating 58,000 people...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The answer they are saying is now potentially a pole shift

Moving Magnetic North Pole May be the Cause of Mysterious Bird, Fish & Crab Deaths

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Apparently they're evacuating thousands of people from areas in the South of China.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grifta

I'm considering visit the area and investigation it for myself. Apparently the crab have not been "cleaned up" - it is ever so bizzare.

Btw, the local media informed me of a "mysterious object" off the coast of Whistable - between late last night and early hours of this morning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join