It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, hold on...what is going on?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Okay, there seems to be A TON of randomly created threads talking about global events that are going to end the world and blah blah blah mixed with some malarky and a dash of non-sense. However, I DO believe in the bible and we are indeed in the end times as knowledge has increased exponentially in the past decade, and thats suppose to be a calling card of the end.

So to my point; I live in Austin Texas. It's a sunny, dry, 67 degree day outside. There's a little precipitation still on the ground as it sprinkled last night giving everything a bright green shine as the trees and fauna have been washed of any dust that has collected since our last rainfall...which was a week ago. It's been shorts and T-shirt weather here almost all winter, aside from 3-5 days of cold as cold fronts blow in from the north.

I watch the news and its 'terror here' and 'terror there' and the worst winter months in decades for most of the country, and some pretty gnarly stuff in California. But like I said, GORGEOUS here. People are going to and from work, birds are singing, I went for a relaxing drive after a morning interview with a client, stopped and grabbed Starbucks, and now I'm about to go to the movies with my fiance.

So what's really going on out there. In those places that you folks have snow normally, is it anything out of the ordinary in your hometown? As in, worst than usual (and I mean, back this up with figures)? Because I have a sneaking suspicion that the media is making life scarier for Joe Shmoe by telling him the worlds falling apart in chaos around him.

I feel nice and safe here.

P.S.- Those of you who follow any of my posts, I am a degree qualified, and educated student working on another degree, and I'm not naive...I have my bug-out bag and my survival tote ready to go if the need arises. I'm just trying to get an idea of the truth and to prove a small point.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't know here in Oklahoma it's been pretty normal weather. Cool but not really cold, think the coldest it got was like 20 and that was for two days.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In Europe is everything pretty normal. It´s a little bit colder than the last .. well say 3 years.. but we had those kind of winters already. Nothing unusual.
But.. I´ve gained 12 kilos in the last five or six years, so perhaps it´s my "Winterspeck" that is helping me to get over the cold days? (how do you say it in english?? winter fat?
)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It was 70 in the end of October (usually its in the 30's) Then we have already had about 10 inches of snow which usually doesnt start until end of Decemeber. A few days ago to a week ago it hit 60 degrees with storms. I say pretty odd here in Indiana.

link   
here in the UK we are having a pretty bad winter, after last years pretty bad winter. To be honest I think we got used to having things quite mild for a good few years and forgot what winter was. This year a new "record" is broken each week, things have been quite different weatherwise all over Europe. The temperatures have been extreme; i've never seen anything like it in my lifetime (37).But, if you look back through history, there have been equally severe winters over the centuries, so at this stage I consider it to be odd; but nothing out of the ordinary. If this trend continues for the next few years then it could indicate a more permanent change in the earth's climate configuration, until then I think the earth is doing what it does, maybe humans accelerated the process, who knows. I guess we have to wait and see.
That's if we're still here, after 2012 and the forthcoming bird flu wipeout + end of days and the aliens coming....

edit on 5-1-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

link   
Here in virginia beach it has been a bit of an extreme winter, we had a lot of snow earlier which is abnormal. I also flew back to the states from france about a month ago and I went through Frankfort germany which was having one of the worst winters it has had in awhile, there were huge snow stroms and lots of canceled flights through out eroupe, one of my buddies who was flying through London got stranded four or five days. So, I dont know whats happening in the rest of the world, but where I have been, its been a harsh winter.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah. Upstate NY and all the snow (the one teeny weeny "storm") is melted. It is gorgeous outside. Not complaining like....Just saying.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Central Arizona here:

I have only lived here for 8 years so I can't vouch for long term weather patterns but.

We only get snow maybe twice a year and it melts the same day it comes or the next day.

We got 17" last week and it's still here. The temps have been waaayyyy below normal and many, many pipes have frozen because things aren't built here to withstand those temps.

I noticed this summer that the squirrels went absolutely crazy storing for the winter and stripped EVERYTHING.
I took that as a sign to prepare for an abnormally cold hard winter.

Vehicle anti-freeze checked -
House pipes insulated - (mine didn't freeze)
pantry stocked and double checked
treated gas for the generators stored
propane tanks filled
chains for the truck ready

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I live near Albany, NY and its really nice here... lived in VA for a few years, kind of reminds me of the "winters" down there..

Then again, I barely leave the house (just got let go from my job..), so I wouldn't know, really... just what I see on the weather channel

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Perhaps you should follow the news instead of the new Fockers movie.

That's the CDC in your neck of the woods.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not sure what exactly is happening, if anything at all. But my friend in Las Vegas, said it snowed there a few days ago...... Not that is very strange indeed. I have no further info

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
same ol same ol here on the wet coast of Canada had some cold but mostly the 6 degrees celcius and raining so not much outta the ordinary, although we are forcast a harsh winter but yet to see it. As well might add only really 15 days into winter so who knows what it has in store for us....

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
However, I DO believe in the bible

I am a degree qualified, and educated student working on another degree, and I'm not naive...I have my bug-out bag and my survival tote ready to go if the need arises. I'm just trying to get an idea of the truth and to prove a small point.

The above two declarations really don't go together. It actually renders your post pretty pointless.

Just saying.....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

The point I'm making is that there is nothing to panic about.

The fact I have a bug out bag AND believe in the Bible have nothing to do with my point and other than your incompetence, this thread is pretty successful thus far.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

I really think the world is ending. Maybe on Tuesday. I think you should prepare by sending me all of your money and useless electronics... plus any owned real estate or vehicles.... and run off into the woods to prepare for armageddon.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! I'd like to keep this thread open through the winter to stay on top of developments that aren't bent by the media and are from real locals who know their towns and states.

Once again, a gorgeous 67 degree sunny day with a slight breeze. I'm sure this wont last all winter, but it is a bit odd to not have hit the freezing point yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Hahahaha, no way. I don't believe in the end being near to that extent.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
reply to post by Advantage

Hahahaha, no way. I don't believe in the end being near to that extent.

DAMN!!! No one falls for that...

Youre a good sport.

I KNow things seems weird lately, hang in there. There ARE a lot of out of the ordinary things happening.. just be careful to do your own research and figure each thing out for yourself without making connections that dont exist. Its human nature to do so, but youll wind up chicken littling it rather than informing yourself with real facts if you dont control it! LOL!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It was a very warm fall, and so far a snowy and very cold winter here in Indiana, but to be honest that isn't out of the norm for this part of the country.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: The media only knows of two cities in the united states, and those are New York, and LA

Both of those cities are experiencing unusual weather, so according to the media if they are, then the rest of the united states must be too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join