It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highest alert level in southwest Netherlands

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

According to the Moerdijk major the smoke is not a health risk.

Umm , yea , just like the dust at WTC was not a health risk , according to the EPA at the time . We all know how that turned out ...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm happy I don't live up north where the smoke is going now. They might say the smoke doesn't pose any health risk, but if the smoke was coming my way, I'll try to do anything to prevent any of that smoke coming into my house.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
These unatural mistakes. I hope this can get takin care of fast. And good luck to all who are near.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Yeah, the only time my mother (who is 37) remembers there was a alarm like this was when Chernobyl went down...... so I guess it's pretty heavy.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They say it poses no health risk however some of the employees of the chemical storage plant have said that there is around 400.000 liters of carcinogenic chemicals stored there!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is puzzling. One minute they say it's deadly, and have a level 4 alert, and now it's changed to it's not all that toxic.

Still, everyone use your own best judgment, and rely on what you think.

Sometimes governments are deliberately misleading to keep people from panicking, and other times they simply make mistakes - as in -- declare something safe when it's not.

We've been down that road. Even if you can't see it, but you can smell it....it's there.

Please use extra caution. My best to all.

ETA: Oh, and let's not forget BP. Sometimes the owners of the business lie straight out in an attempt to diminish and prevent lawsuits.
edit on 1/5/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I read about the non toxic smoke posted on 19.05 this evening.
As of yet I did not see another update except that it still is spreading.

I agree. Smoke will kill you toxic or not.

reply to post by Dumbass

Hi thank you.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
All I'm thinking is, a huge fire with explosions at a chemical storage plant, that's enough to alert me and logic tells me I don't want to be breathing in any of that stuff!
edit on 5-1-2011 by Anodyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Netherlands don't really seem to care about risks.

From the 70's till 2006 a train transporting chloride passed 100 meters behind my house, it got derailed a couple of times.

If that would've exploded probably half The Netherlands would be gone

To add to that, the fire started at 14:30, it's 19:40 now and they still don't know what chemicals are in that smoke?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Djonko

That is your government lieing to you.

That # is toxic.. I do not care what evidence you look at. Anything that burns is toxic.

Platis yup toxic.

Treated wood you toxic.
Roofing material yup toxic.

Ok now whate ever is in those container or stored there when it catches fire it will be toxic.

There is nothing to believe that it is safe.

I can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt right here.

Tell the individual that is saying it is safe to go down there without a resporator and tell him to take 3 good puffs.

There is your answer.

If the person is willing to put there life on the line then again I still wouldnt believe them never mind.

Do no belive anyone.

Are the fireman wearing resporators.

Then it is not safe.

Get out and get far away. Staying indoors is not going to protect you but provide you with a nice peacful death chamber.

Sorry dobnt want to freak you out but If I was there and the smoke was coming my way I would pack all my luggage and coolers and gear and speand the nigh at a nice hotel up wind and then sue the factory for the cost of the hotel.

Besause you know this was human error and someone is going to burn for this.

Someone is always held to blame.

my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by Djonko

That is your government lieing to you.

That # is toxic.. I do not care what evidence you look at. Anything that burns is toxic.

Platis yup toxic.

Treated wood you toxic.
Roofing material yup toxic.

Ok now whate ever is in those container or stored there when it catches fire it will be toxic.

There is nothing to believe that it is safe.

I can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt right here.

Tell the individual that is saying it is safe to go down there without a resporator and tell him to take 3 good puffs.

There is your answer.

If the person is willing to put there life on the line then again I still wouldnt believe them never mind.

Do no belive anyone.

Are the fireman wearing resporators.

Then it is not safe.

Get out and get far away. Staying indoors is not going to protect you but provide you with a nice peacful death chamber.

Sorry dobnt want to freak you out but If I was there and the smoke was coming my way I would pack all my luggage and coolers and gear and speand the nigh at a nice hotel up wind and then sue the factory for the cost of the hotel.

Besause you know this was human error and someone is going to burn for this.

Someone is always held to blame.

my 2 cents.

It's hard to flee if you don't have a car, or the money to spend a night in the hotel. I agree with you that my government is lying, ofcourse they are. As I told before, they always say there is no hazard for public health.

I don't really think someone is really going to be held responsible for this. Noone is forcing the government NOW to tell us what the chemicals are, so they can make it up along the way.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Last update from press conference is that there are 52 different chemicals stored at the site.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Say what! They planning on blaming this for all future dead birds?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm listening to a life bulletin.

They say there have not been any chemicals found in the air and on the ground.
They strongly say for a specific region to stay inside and take warnings very seriously
'
It is still burning and they will let it burn.

Those chemicals have to be released. It must have been burned.. Or higher up in the air.
They advice no chemicals but just don't touch the smoke particles. ???
edit on 1/5/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by exactmad
Say what! They planning on blaming this for all future dead birds?

smh.....
The SUN

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Homepage of the company in question:

chemiepack

Been looking for some inventory list....still looking.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I sure hope someone told the birds too!!!

Climate change, power-lines, shifting magnetosphere - and now, atmospheric chemical pollution on top of everything else.

ouch.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Djonko

In regards to K13-004 :

K13.004; K13-004; K 13-004 ...
Compound ID: 126000
Source: ChemIDplus (096609380)
IUPAC: 2-[[4-[3-(4-tert-butylphenyl)-2-hydroxypropoxy]benzoyl]amino]acetic acid
MW: 385.453480 g/mol | MF: C22H27NO5

From all that I am able to gather , it is some type of propanol / acetic acid . Read one link that discussed lipids and cholesterol blah blah blah in tests performed on lab rats .

Strangely , I am unable to find an MSDS on it , as of yet .

Regardless of what "they" tell you , ALL smoke inhalation is a health risk so , it would seem to me that burning acetic acid is indeed something to be concerned about . Will post further if I can find a Materials Safety Data Sheet .

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Djonko

In regards to K13-004 :

K13.004; K13-004; K 13-004 ...
Compound ID: 126000
Source: ChemIDplus (096609380)
IUPAC: 2-[[4-[3-(4-tert-butylphenyl)-2-hydroxypropoxy]benzoyl]amino]acetic acid
MW: 385.453480 g/mol | MF: C22H27NO5

From all that I am able to gather , it is some type of propanol / acetic acid . Read one link that discussed lipids and cholesterol blah blah blah in tests performed on lab rats .

Strangely , I am unable to find an MSDS on it , as of yet .

Regardless of what "they" tell you , ALL smoke inhalation is a health risk so , it would seem to me that burning acetic acid is indeed something to be concerned about . Will post further if I can find a Materials Safety Data Sheet .

I found exactly the same things as you, the rat thing looked intresting but it seemed to be some test about lowering cholesterol or something

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"No health risk" to the government = "You will die of cancer in 5 to 10 years" in reality

If you breath this stuff and don't die immediately, the government will say "no health risk" so people don't panic and the economy can continue as normal (the last thing the government wants to do is hurt the economy which means less taxes which means less budgets which means less power).

If the smoke is not a health risk, then why doesn't the Prime Minister Mark Rutte get in a helicopter, fly into the black cloud and breath in the smoke?
edit on 5-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join