It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory ASVAB For High School Students

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

That's very odd! I took it in HS, but then I was in JROTC, and they offered it to us, since many wanted military careers. The test itself is basically much mike other achievement-type tests. Sections on different areas of education/aptitude. I wonder if the school is using this in place of some other test, or if this is in addition to the standard ones they always give. In any case, you are right to question this. Military family member, and I would question it as well!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mydarkpassenger Just flunk that stupid test. Or...don't show up on days its given. If you pass that damn thing, you get on a list, if war starts, say-Korea, guess who gets called?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
ya reply to: Onboard2 You CAN refuse to take it. Many in my state refused to show up, walked home etc. They cant force you to take it, the military don't run the schools nor own the kids, just tell them to F-O

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chiponbothshoulders I agree. People must not be sheeple. Refuse that damn test! If u pass it, you may get sent to some #hole and get killed or maimed for life, look at the VN vets in wheelchairs, wanna end up like them?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere There are many ways out of a draft, best...Flunk tests and physicals, the eye test and ear hearing test are the easiest to fail. Tell em u cant walk strait or it hurts to do this or that. Don't let them send u to some hole and get killed for cheap gas.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I can't believe you freaking snowflakes! Oh no, he took a test!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

It's been mandatory for at least 5 years, at least in some places, because it was mandatory when my 22-yr-old was 17.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thegoodearth

Exactly. My son ended up joining the Missouri National Guard; he scored extremely well and basically had his pick of jobs. The only service that turned their recruiting into a hassle was the Navy...lol...they were still calling him 6 months after he joined the Guard.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 46ACE

Right. If we ever do have another draft, having taken the ASVAB would be a good thing, not a bad thing. At least for the higher-scoring guys.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join