It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet The Liberal Elites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

About the energy thing...I fall in line with the conspiracy theorists that suggest there are supressed energy technologies that would destroy the oil industry..corporate and political destruction of progression for financial gain..But even if that isn't the case, we could stop a couple wars and use that money to install solar panels across the nations highways, removing the need for coal and oil by a massive amount

First I can not stand the democrats OR the republicans they are puppets of the wealthy. The democrats seem to be used to get the nastiest legislation through under the guise of "Social good" that some how never is.

As far as surpressed technologies goes, I do know of one. I dated a Metallurgist in Boston in the early eighties who was part of a design team. They tested out a gismo he had help build that turned an old 8 cylinder gas guzzler in a 50 MPG vehicle. I do not know what it was I just went out to dinner with him to celebrate the success.

The other thing of interest is the Rockefeller's (Standard oil) funded a lot of research that was later used to scare people about nuclear energy. Also the nuclear protesters were being PAID $10/hr to protest Seabrook Nuclear Plant. I saw the ads in the Boston Globe.

I would love to see thorium nuclear plants brought on line. environment.change.org...

Solar and wind are just too expensive, too unreliable, don't produce the power AND produce MORE CO2 than people think. windpowerfraud.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

There are lots of stories of modifications made to engines that achieved huge gas efficiency improvements. I have two:

- friends dad (from high school) had gotten a brand new Monte Carlo for graduation back in 78 or so. Two weeks after he got it, he still had 3/4 tank of gas. Thinking it was his gas gauge (moron), he took it to the shop. He was told that his car was being bought off of him by the manufacturer, and that he was being given a brand new Camaro Formula, and some cash, in its place. that it was a prototype carb that wasn't meant to be on the showroom floor. He estimated he had gotten about 120 mpg

- old man who built hot rod and race engines locally created a device that you attach to your carb. It was stated by some of his friends that he was getting 40 mpg in a car that should only get 10 or less (like a 454 or something). he was beaten up and had his device taken from him. in exchange he was left with 100k. he wouldn't talk about it. but a few of his friends would. i don't think any of them are still alive. that happened back in the late 60's/early 70's.

My belief is that modern engines are made so complex, and have so many computer controls, that such modifications are made so difficult as to render them almost impossible. Computer control modules have coopted our ability to really tinker in the garage as much as in days past.

the same with science. So many things are not allowed, and if you do try to do some garage science, you risk a visit from the feds.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join