It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military eyes preemptive nuclear attack in event of crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
It's obviously directed against the USA. They're saying "we're going to attack Taiwan, you retaliate against the Chinese mainland with conventional weapons and we'll nuke the continental USA".

Or at least that might be what they're saying. It's difficult to gauge, having only got access to one or two paragraphs on a pay subscription website.

What are everyone's thoughts on this scenario and is it likely to happen?

Also, sort of on topic, I read a Wikileaks cable today that talked about China shooting down 3 of their own satellites down in 2007. I heard about 1 before, but not 3, which is insane!

They seem to be progressing quite quickly.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I don't want to guess whether this is true or not , i just want to say that to be preemptive is a effective way in any war, so China is just one part of those that are thinking in this way...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Sounds like China will nuke America and South Korea, even Japan if America invades Nth Korea..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
How is this ANY different than U.S or Israel or India or Russia's stance???

Didn't you get the memo?.. GOP & DNC party leaders have anointed themselves with "moral superiority"... the fascists felt it would poll better than "racial superiority".

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I could be in the minority here, but I believe the move by China is just normal buildup. I do not see China ever planning an invasion on America-and if they were I doubt they'd nuke us first. If we go under the assumption that they want the land-etc. then why ruin it with fallout?

I think this is very much a you f with us, we'll bite back in a big way.

Just my opinion, no real fact behind the speculation

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Woodhouse

SPOT ON!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
China won't sit by as Bomber after Bomber lifts off from Guam to "Strike Forward".

Guam will get nuked in self defense. I don't blame China for this tactic.

We ARE vastly superior and they will HAVE to use nuclear to counter our Tech.

They have a right to remain a Sovereign Country just as anyone else has. If we attack them, and we will......buh bye Marianas Islands and Kwajalein Atoll.

We've been shooting Chinese satellites in space, blinding them with lasers. Maybe we've been using Navy Seals Special Projects to slow down their carrier building...maybe we've been using HAARP on them....maybe we've been doing lots of stuff and THAT'S why the Chinese Military Generals have been saying they are going to NUKE US cities.

We just cant leave people alone.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Its been years they said ..
WHEN CHINA WILL WAKE UP THE GROUND WILL SHAKE

imagine now ... i think they are preparing for a huge war and a fast win
no armies can match them .. if they ally themself with Russia .. and NK
they can make a superpower empire ready to crush any resistance

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I believe the Chinese perceive the U.S. as becoming weaker by the day and if they strike first my belief is the U.S. would do little or nothing to retaliate only negotiate. Ask the question of this U.S. Administration what is our real policy when it comes to nuclear war with an advisory. Will you get a straight answer or double talk from this Administration? ^Y^

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well maybe China is just trying to match America in saying that we aren't the only country that can say it how it is. i mean America has had a pre-emptive policy for years. It's astonishing to me how the American government seems to think they are the only ones in the world that should be allowed to do anything.

Good example of this would be the maritime laws. If we come close to Chinese waters with a warship and they issued a warning Amerca would basically state the party line of these are International waters and we can do whatever we want. If Chine had a warship near US waters the American government would freak and start screaming threats.

America is the king of double standards and this is coming from an American. Just my two-cents

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
Well maybe China is just trying to match America in saying that we aren't the only country that can say it how it is. i mean America has had a pre-emptive policy for years. It's astonishing to me how the American government seems to think they are the only ones in the world that should be allowed to do anything.

Good example of this would be the maritime laws. If we come close to Chinese waters with a warship and they issued a warning Amerca would basically state the party line of these are International waters and we can do whatever we want. If Chine had a warship near US waters the American government would freak and start screaming threats.

America is the king of double standards and this is coming from an American. Just my two-cents

Amen to that brother!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If i look at the Actions in the last Month concerning Korea,China,America and in a smaller extend, Europe and Russia (i.e. Global Economy and Military) the more it looks like Chess pieces put into place.

Its hard to explain really.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Shenon because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
how i see this new news fitting in. China has some new toys of destruction J10 15 and 20, and the DF 21 D aka "carrier killer".China wants Taiwan we all know this, and we in the west have been there for Taiwan keep it safe from China's grip, now they, China, say first strike might be on the table, if it sees war does this mean if we go and help Taiwan defend it self in anyway, that we could get a nuke down our shorts, or if we help SK defend it self, of if NK act up does it get Nuked, no not NK it is a spoiled son, a little brother, that might need a spanking, aid cuts and $$$ cuts but not a nuke, Taiwan on the other hand if they can't have it well then what good is it to them... think about it!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

If that's the path they go down then it's gonna be like hell for the next few decades.
I'm hoping that this whole China/U.S. war can be halted.
Why can't we all just get along? lol

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
And the Chinese Stealth is now confirmed

Gates: China confirms stealth jet test-flight

China confirmed it held its first test-flight of a stealth fighter jet on Tuesday, a show of muscle during a visit by U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates aimed at defusing military tensions between the two big powers...
news.yahoo.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join