It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPTB can't Tax you, if you're beyond their reach, out in space! Viable ways to get off this planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Explanation: I believe the 1st part of this threads title/subject IS self evident! And if you disagree and wish to post so, then OL will consider that to be off-topic etc.

I wish to discuss the 2nd part of this threads title/subject and so here is my point of view...

1] We have chemical rocketry which will get us very inneficiently of the planet and 90%+ is throwaway at launch!

FAIL!
... Moving on!...

2] We potentially have the Roswell disc's sitting in some far off wonderland! Will we ever get to see it, access it, use it???

FAIL!
... Moving on!...

3] We have nuclear propulsion designed to be feasable in the 1950's under Project Orion!

Project Orion (nuclear propulsion)
[wiki]

Project Orion was a study of a spacecraft intended to be directly propelled by a series of explosions of atomic bombs behind the craft (Nuclear pulse propulsion). Early versions of this vehicle were proposed to have taken off from the ground with significant associated nuclear fallout; later versions were presented for use only in space.

Nuclear weapon design Clean bombs [wiki]

'Clean' nuclear weapon tests: Navajo and Zuni. [wiki]

"(E) Clean H Bombs

"On the average, about 50 percent of the power of an H-bomb results from thermonuclear-fusion reactions and the other 50 percent from fission that occurs in the A-bomb trigger and in the uranium jacket. A clean H-bomb is defined as one in which a significantly smaller proportion than 50 percent of the energy arises from fission. Because fusion does not produce any radioactive products directly, the fallout from a clean weapon is less than that from a normal or average H-bomb of the same total power. If an H-bomb were made with no uranium jacket but with a fission trigger, it would be relatively clean. Perhaps as little as 5 percent of the total explosive force might result from fission; the weapon would thus be 95 percent clean."

Operation Plowshare [wiki]

Operation Plowshare, better known as Project Plowshare, not to be confused with the anti-nuclear Plowshares Movement, was the overall United States term for the development of techniques to use nuclear explosives for peaceful construction purposes. The phrase was coined in 1961, taken from Micah 4:3 ("And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more"). It was the U.S. portion of what are called Peaceful Nuclear Explosions (PNE). The Soviet Union had a similar program of testing as well for many years.[1] The Soviet program was titled Nuclear Explosions for the National Economy.

Earth may be a brilliant blue pearl!

But the Universe is our oyster!!!

What say you???
It's 4000 metric tons of reusable space vehical!

Personal Dislosure: Now that you have TOTAL RECALL... Stop around and Get Your Ass To Mars! [or where ever else etc!

P.S. Remember TPTB can't Tax you if your A R E__ I N__S P A C E ! ! !

[
Pssst... OL will be sitting ATS Chat DarkCorner Chatroom for 1hr after posting this thread so as to entertain any serious live discussion on this topic and this thread with my fellow ATS members!
]

edit on 5-1-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edite spelling fail in the title
very soz but :p to the spelling :swears:

edit on 5-1-2011 by OmegaLogos because: edited spelling fail in the body of text.
soz

edit on 5-1-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited for same reason as edit above. sigh.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Dear OL,

Wonderful =) Nothing much else to say!

S&F

Regards,
T

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I see. But are you sure OL that space isnt owned as well like solar systems??? Also is that 3rd pic from the top real, I likes
!!
edit on 1/5/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Explanation: St*rred!

1] We will find that out when we get there!

2] No! Its definately not real.. its real ART.. but definately not REAL! You fell for my shiny bling trap! [and now a mate owes me some money on a bet
]

Personal Disclosure: Thanks for bumping the thread!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

There is more

**Ten Amazing Innovations for Future Spaceflight... (someone is thinking) (by anon72) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: Thanks for bumping the thread and the S&F!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i think it was von braun that said we had taken the space race totaly wrong and gone back wards from the beginning , meaning the energy we put on the systems we had and have out weigh the outcome, just bad entropy if im interpeting it correctly ,

but i dont want to be pessimistic about it all ,

theres been blueprints for how to build space bases with the use of AI and drones since the 1820´s
and just because one form of "free energy" doesn work here doesnt mean it cant work there in a real vaccum, naturaly or what the word is for spacenature

s+f

edit on 5-1-2011 by zerbot565 because: spelling bee

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Personal Disclosure: I'm of the opinion that we need to get rid of the nukes as weapons and they could be possibly converted to more peacefull purposes such as I suggested in the OP. A specific benefit of using nukes [which are quite small is size] was the MORE mass the BETTER IT WORKED! They were putting in 1 ton barber chairs just because they could afford to be decadent!!!
Power to Mass ratio? You better believe it!!!

P.S. Thanks for bumping the thread and the S&F!

edit on 5-1-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling fail.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I like this! I plan to visit Mars. But it takes money and a desire to be there. I think we should get rid of money, and then those that want to leave here for however long or far away, can pool their talents and do so. In order to get rid of money, we need unlimited energy. Of course, we swim in energy like fish in the sea. I know we have methods of extracting energy in usable form from the sea we swim in. I think we can do better...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Personal Disclosure: I agree fully that we can do far better and OL was just showing us that we do have some doable right now with current technology options. I think we could have our nest eggs invested in both baskets for safeties sake! Thanks for the thread bump!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Firstly great thread. I do wonder however who would volunteer to stap themselves in a seat on a H-Bomb. The H-Bomb goes off and you wont need a rocket to fly through space thats for sure

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

how you gunna get food water tp refill of oxygen soap to get clean tooth paste to clean your teeth toilet paper to wipe your ass antibiotics... the list goes on. not 2 mention that you would eventually need to refill your supplies at some point if you did buy this stuff b4 hand. even then you payed taxes.

i say you r a shill meant to slide important threads of truth down th e list or just plan retarded and it is impossible 4 u think intelligently. go wipe ur but with the rock u r going to take to space and wash it off with the water that you conjure up with your mind

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Silly question - if you get a ship and sail the international waters of mighty oceans without ever visiting any harbor, do you have to pay taxes?
Sounds more appealing then nuking oneself, IMO.

new topics

top topics

join