It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Uniforms of the Future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hey this is pretty cool. This could serve us well. If it means less causalties i'm all up for it. But the cash for this has to come from somewhere. How much will these cost? But as soon as we suffer our first casualty China will quickly grab the body to reverse engineer the suit.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd Man
The "chameleon" technology is going to be a beefed-up version of the "invisibility cloak" currently under development in Japan, so soldiers will be invisible as long as they don't move too fast. Also, DARPA is looking into powered exoskeletons.

Looks like the dream that man has had as far back as the ancient greeks of invisiblty may soon be realized. The suit created in Japan shows how sound the concept is. A little predator influence me thinks on both sides of the ocean. With millions of dollars thrown at this tech and some really smart people working on it will lead to some amazing advancements in the comming years.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
thought you might find these interesting

www.iol.co.za...

www.charleston.net...

www.military.cz...

www.businessweek.com...

[edit on 14-7-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well first these suits or uniforms will be used in spec ops then later it will begin to be common use for regular troops and the Chinese cant be in every war we are in like in Iraq I don't see any Chinese waiting to grab our soldiers weapons and body armor. But those Chinese they sure do like to copy and steal err...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well China has enough money to invest in stealing a copy. The soldiers like pretty "high tech". I think that this will integrate very nicely with that new computerized gun the US was getting. But what I want is something for snipers.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Snipers are going to love this new uniform it will have invisibility affects and night vision and thermal vision all in the visor in the helmet isn't that a snipers dream I think it is.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Wow can you imagine the day when the us is at war and your looking at it on TV and the troops are turning on their invisibility camo and hopping over houses rasing cars with one hand running 30 MPH due to their exoskeleton all in thanks to DARPA yes that will be some day.

Originally posted by Odd Man
The "chameleon" technology is going to be a beefed-up version of the "invisibility cloak" currently under development in Japan, so soldiers will be invisible as long as they don't move too fast. Also, DARPA is looking into powered exoskeletons.

Talking about this?
projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp...:/projects/MEDIA/xv/oc.html

Here's a movie of it:
projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp...:/projects/MEDIA/xv/images/oc-okugai3.mpg

Man, improvements on this technology and military use for it? Wow.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Well China has enough money to invest in stealing a copy. The soldiers like pretty "high tech". I think that this will integrate very nicely with that new computerized gun the US was getting. But what I want is something for snipers.

The snipers are not going to be left out when it comes to new tech.
Say hello to the smart bullet.

With smart bullets, snipers could hit targets from several kilometres away.

smart bullet

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Man this is some sweet stuff.
Man I'd like to be a sniper using this kind of technology. Snipers are stealthy enough this makes them even more effective. I bet that these suits will be for spec forces to start with. But with full gear like that there going to need air conditioners or something. Other wise overheating could kill them instead of the enemy.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Man I would like that smart bullet plus if they have air-conditioned and heating in these uniforms the soldier will be able to operate in any environment without any trouble damn this is sounding more and more like super soldiers of the 21st century.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join