It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van Impe says Rapture in 2012-maybe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Although he says he is not predicting it he provides his "theory" on why 2012 may be the year of the rapture. It is loosely based on two premises:
1) Time of a generation is 4000/77 or 52 yrs [I forget where the 4000 comes from but 77 is from Dan 9:24
2) Matthew 24:32-34 >>
32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
3) He says the clock started when Isreal took possession of Jerusalem in 1967 not the more classic 1947 date Isreal became a nation.

So 1967+52= 2119 [when Christ returns to earth] Rapture happens 7 yrs before or 2012. Christ returns in the air and believers are taken prior to worst of tribulation starting.

It is rather convenient that it matches the Mayan 2012 calendar.

I can't watch the Youtube to make sure this is the one but I think it might be

www.youtube.com...

Personally I don't think believers are given any "special" revelations at this time. Believers are instructed to watch for "His" return though.
Also remember, Matthew 24:36- "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - how about the year.

Whether right or wrong it will be interesting to see where he goes this week..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Yeah well, call it rapture if you like....how ever they get them out of here.... Van Imp and his ilk need to go!
Bye bye.

There will be a whole crowd of them saying..."but...but...but Lord! Didn't I prophesy in your name?" And all these merchants of religion will be trampled. They better get on down to their underground bunkers. All of 'em.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I'm sure i could go down the store, find a sesame street book, and make up an equation using the numbers it contains equalling 2012.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
reply to post by BlackProjects

Yeah well, call it rapture if you like....how ever they get them out of here.... Van Imp and his ilk need to go!
Bye bye.

There will be a whole crowd of them saying..."but...but...but Lord! Didn't I prophesy in your name?" And all these merchants of religion will be trampled. They better get on down to their underground bunkers. All of 'em.

Van impe is not a merchant. He is an end time preacher preaching the return of christ and repentance. Every show he calls sinners to repent and prays the sinners prayer. He does have material that he sells that he worked/researched/made himself. He doesnt make the show about merchandise. Ministries that preach the gospel live on donations and there is nothing wrong with providing study material that they put together for learning. If the show becomes lopsided and make it all about give,give,give and buy,buy,buy making the house of god a house of merchandise then thats wrong. See christ was not upset about the money changers he most upset that it was turned into a den of thieves. The changers were providing bad exchange rates with the currencies on those that needed to purchase their sacrifice and the merchants selling the needed animals were inflating the prices. Thats what he was upset about. Paul himself needed giving and recieving he communicated that need in phillipians. He was also a tent maker. In present times there are a lot people running around calling themselves christians making up schemes to get people to give them money promising blessings and offering ludicrus spiritual objects or prayers for donations, these people are wrong and will get the fury of God if they dont repent. But lets not hlthrow out legitimate ministries because of the snakes and vipers.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
So 1967+52= 2119 [when Christ returns to earth] Rapture happens 7 yrs before or 2012. Christ returns in the air and believers are taken prior to worst of tribulation starting.

People have been putzing with those numbers since Hal Lindsey in the 1970s (and probably before that) and all I think that they've proved is that Jesus wasn't talking about the modern state of Israel. It was interesting when I first read Late, Great Planet Earth, but far less so as time goes on.

Jesus will come when Jesus comes -- live by his teachings every day, and it doesn't matter if he comes tomorrow or in 2019, or (more importantly) if you get hit by a bus before he returns, because that seems far more likely.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb

Van impe is not a merchant. He does have material that he sells that he worked/researched/made himself. He doesnt make the show about merchandise.

The "show" is nothing more than a teaser to get you to buy his books to find out more. He leads you into a story, but to get the rest of the story...you gotta buy the CD or his books, whatever.

See christ was not upset about the money changers he most upset that it was turned into a den of thieves. The changers were providing bad exchange rates with the currencies on those that needed to purchase their sacrifice and the merchants selling the needed animals were inflating the prices. Thats what he was upset about.

And you know this how? You were there? No, this is the spiel you got from your TV preachers. It's not true. Jesus exposed the corruption and the false philosophies of animal sacrifice. No TV preacher is going to tell you the truth because he would be pulling the plug on his own industry.

. He was also a tent maker.

Do you even know what a tent maker really is? The "tents" he made were like large prayer shawls that one pulls over their heads. They wrap them around the torso and enclose themselves in the "tent" for solitary prayer rituals. So you see, he had a nice little business money maker based on religious paraphernalia.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Do you even know what a tent maker really is? The "tents" he made were like large prayer shawls that one pulls over their heads. They wrap them around the torso and enclose themselves in the "tent" for solitary prayer rituals. So you see, he had a nice little business money maker based on religious paraphernalia.

That's curious. What's your source for that? It seems common knowledge that Paul was a tentmaker, and that some Israelites lived in... well... tents, so it's kind of odd that it would mean something completely different than the obvious meaning. Not saying that it can't, but I'd like to learn how you arrived at that conclusion.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
For those interested I found this what appears to be an excerp out there >>
Furthermore, as you know and as I’ve said already in this program, the world is never going to end, Isaiah 45:17 and Ephesians 3:21. So what could it mean? Oh, I'm excited. In Matthew 1 verse 17 it lists 42 generations from Abraham to Christ. 42. Historically, that covers 2,160 years. Divide 42 into that number and you come out to 51.4 years. What's the countdown? Jerusalem being taken by the Jews, for Jerusalem starts the seven-year period of tribulation, Daniel 9:24. Add 51.4 to 1967 and you come out to 2018. But I just saw this, this week: you add the extra six months because it happened in June of '67 and the 4/10 and you come out to 2019 and take away the 7 from that and you come out to 2012. Could it be on Christmas day Jesus Christ would come at that moment? We don't know the day and hour, Matthew 24:36, but Jesus commands us to know when it's near even at the door. I'm not dogmatic on this, but could this be the thing that's going to be revealed through the Inca and Aztec's calendars? Come, Lord Jesus."

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

That's curious. What's your source for that? It seems common knowledge that Paul was a tentmaker, and that some Israelites lived in... well... tents, so it's kind of odd that it would mean something completely different than the obvious meaning. Not saying that it can't, but I'd like to learn how you arrived at that conclusion.

Thank you for your inquiry and the opportunity to explain further.

The tallit (also spelled tallis or talith) is a garment one can wear to create a sense of personal space during prayer - the name comes from two Hebrew words: TAL meaning tent and ITH meaning little. Thus, you have an etymology of LITTLE TENT. By wrapping yourself in it, or by covering your head with it, the intention and direction of your prayers can be enhanced.

www.templesanjose.org...

Religious trinkets and wardrobes were probably as lucrative then as books and CDs are today.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The tallit (also spelled tallis or talith) is a garment one can wear to create a sense of personal space during prayer - the name comes from two Hebrew words: TAL meaning tent and ITH meaning little. Thus, you have an etymology of LITTLE TENT. By wrapping yourself in it, or by covering your head with it, the intention and direction of your prayers can be enhanced.

www.templesanjose.org...

Religious trinkets and wardrobes were probably as lucrative then as books and CDs are today.

Thanks for the link. That explains what you are referring to, but not why one would think that Paul was making them. It seems incredibly odd, in fact, that he would be making a traditional Jewish prayer shawl when he was mostly associating with Gentiles and had said that all things Jewish were not to be a part of the Gentile religious experience.

I guess that one would have to go back to the original Greek, but, like I said, it seems like someone who is described as being a tentmaker would be making tents, not prayer shawls that are called "little tents". Not that it really matters, as Paul's point was that he wanted to work so as not to take money for his preaching.

new topics

top topics

join