It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolutionary Guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolutionary Guard

www.nydailynews.com

The WikiLeaks document dump continues to kick up surprises.

A new diplomatic cable says the head of Iran's Revolutionary Guard smacked President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in the face for suggesting easing restrictions on the press.

The February 2010 cable, classified secret and puckishly headlined, "He Who Got Slapped," quotes an intelligence source recounting a contentious meeting of Iran's Supreme National Security Council.

The Iranian bigs were trying to figure out what to do in the wake of Tehran's explosive pro-democracy street protests of 2009.

Read more: www.nydailyn...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is grand.. the little troll got pimp slapped.

It continues, "Ahmadinejad's statements infuriated Revolutionary Guard Chief of Staff Mohammed Ali Jafari, who exclaimed 'You are wrong! [In fact] it is YOU who created this mess! And now you say give more freedom to the press?!'

"Source said that Jafari then slapped Ahmadinejad in the face, causing an uproar," the cable says.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Of course Iran denies it... I wonder if this guy disappeared shortly (no pun intended) after it happened?

Who gets away with slapping a president?

Who wants to bet that there will be the ever so prevalent hypocrites here on ATS, that buy every other piece of info from WIKI, but will call this propaganda of some sort.

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/5/2011 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Like I said on the same thread earlier, this sounds like a sensational story and Wikileaks is being used to add credibility. Most people will be too focus on the "slap" than the reason behind it so it MUST be true. This story was first put out by Fox-news. If the story was true at all, why would be let known outside of the people who witness it? How is it relevant? Hoax story.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Lol!! Sounds like Ahmadinejad is not really the head honcho there... What's the head of the Revolutionary Guard's relation to Ali Khamenei???

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

The Supreme Leader runs Iran. The Revolutionary Guard and the Director of Iranian Radio and Television report to him.

Their president is nothing but a tool.
edit on 5/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: .

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is lookin good if it is true.

I am becoming more and more convinced of the authenticity of the cables.

There has been many different angles.

Ahmadinejad looks modern and pro-free speech if he is sticking up for the press.

The RG looks fascist.

Of course it isn't that clear cut, but as a news-piece that is the angles.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

The thread that you POINTED out is under middle east issues.

I knew this would happen.. Due to the subject matter, this would be dissected and criticized.. UNLIKE most other Wiki releases.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

The thread that you POINTED out is under middle east issues.

I knew this would happen.. Due to the subject matter, this would be dissected and criticized.. UNLIKE most other Wiki releases.

It the SAME thread. Doesn't matter what forum it was put in. Anyway, I guess you were expecting everyone to nod in agreement with you and not say anything critical? The story just sounds out there but whatever... Don't think. Don't cause a debate to stir up. Don't express opinions. Just view and agree is what you want people to do because it says "Wikileaks". Don't think that this could be a fake Wikileaks release.
edit on 5-1-2011 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

ATS allows one to be in "breaking News" and one in another section of the forums..

I had no expectations, just assumptions. I assumed that some people that hadn't questioned a word or the motivation of any other doc dumps, would take issue with this dump and it's credibility.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

ATS allows one to be in "breaking News" and one in another section of the forums..

I had no expectations, just assumptions. I assumed that some people that hadn't questioned a word or the motivation of any other doc dumps, would take issue with this dump and it's credibility.

I have no idea why you keep talking about the forums. I mentioned the earlier thread to call attention to that it was reported by Fox-news, NOT to say "there's already a thread". Some Wikileaks releases sound too ridiculous to believe and ALL of the ridiculous ones come from Fox News initially which is why I was skeptical of this one.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here is the thread I started.

edit on 1/5/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/5/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I did not know it was a duplicate until he posted that.. I instantly looked to make sure and was going to notify a mod to remove mine. When I noticed it was under a different section, I let it live, due to the fact that it is common knowledge (so I thought) that they allow one in breaking and one in another section.

I apologize if you feel I stepped on your toes..

Oh BTW - I did do a search and did not see anything. I would not have intentionally posted a duplicate even if it was in a different section.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I want to slap Jullian,
Too long to leak all the docs man.....
(just kidding)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by djs37

But... this is a slap in the face to all of the people whining about "the people he is putting in danger"

Wiki is diligently going through every last one of these, to make sure that they are not releasing info that will harm innocent people.

At least this is what I think.. I sure hope that is the delay.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Interesting info on Jafari from wiki:

He was appointed by the Supreme Leader of Iran, Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, on September 1, 2007, to succeed Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi.

His replacement of Yahya Rahim Safavi the former IRGC commander, was thought to be a move by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to strengthen the conservative faction as a counterweight to the radicalizers around President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Safavi is close to Ahmadinejad).[2]

"Observers appear to regard Jafari as principally a tactician, organizer, and 'technical' military man," according to Radio Free Europe.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think that it is primarily the Khamenei and his people who are the "bad guys" here, not the president.
edit on 5/1/11 by Maslo because: added link

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

It's not you buddy. Start of a badddddd day... I feel it.

Like I said, people like yours-flagging etc.

I know you a good ATSer.

Move on soldier....
)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

S&F!

I hope the little toad did get pimp-slaped

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

It is not that clear cut but I believe there is some truth in it. Ahmadinejad is relatively young and was elected as the candidate who fights corruption. His win came as a surprise against the old Rafsandjani who impersonates Iran corrupted leaders.

For those willing to watch the situation from this angle, review now the last presidential elections events.

Ahmadinejad is portrayed in the MSM as an all-powerful evil supremo whereas the power is in the hands of the Supreme Leader and the Guardian Council. For sure, all this educated people working for our TV networks and newspapers should know that.

new topics

top topics

join