It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is it up to america to disclose ufo's?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
this is an honest question.. something that has baffled me for for some time..
why is it up to america to disclose the existence of extraterrestrial life and ufo's?
everyone always talks of disclosure and it is always put in the hands of america to announce this news. i can understand over the last 20 years or so, when america were the superpower of the world and called alot of the shots, but now in this present time when we have the likes of europe, china, india and russia to name but a few, that are on par on the global scale, some of which that have overtaken the u.s as the global superpower.. why is it still up to the u.s. to announce this.. why havent another goverment given us some clues? or made an announcement?
many years ago russia did a study and ordered every troop in the soviet union to watch the skies. This lasted a total of 13 years and in the end they didnt find any evidence of such visits. if the soviet goverment had any evidence of extra terrestrial life, why would they have even bothered with such a study?
i have no doubt that with the size of the universe, there must be some sort of life out there, that seems like common sense and anyone with half a brain should be able to see that. but it makes me think that maybe there is no solid evidence that we are being visited by such beings, by any individual or goverment on this planet.. with the jump in camera and video technology over the last 10 years (everyone has a camera in their pocket now) why we havent got 1 decent picture or video showing one of these crafts or beings?
im not being skeptical, i have looked into this subject for many years now, but have not found 1 piece of evidence that has 100% convinced me, without any doubt that we have been visited by these beings, i just wonder why that is?
as i say before i get bashed by ufo believers, i am a believer myself, im just asking some valid questions that puzzle me a little.. also bear in mind alot of ufo stuff around the world from the 1947-1990's especially during the cold war, were disinformation from mainly the american goverment to hide the black projects and secret aircraft that were being worked on at the time.. and im sure the same thing is still going on today..
but the main question that does puzzle me is the title of the thread..
why is it up to america to announce this news?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
maybe because its the horrible america we all tip toe around? maybe no one wants to goto war over the issue so they stay quiet?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I don't think it's because america is horrible, i think it's because they do play a major role in world events most of the time.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
maybe because its the horrible america we all tip toe around? maybe no one wants to goto war over the issue so they stay quiet?

yeah i understand that theory in the past, but it seems noone is afraid of america anymore.. so why hasnt someone come forward to rub it in their faces as it were.. im sure if it were announced and it was said america witheld this from the world, it would help a great deal in the decline of the u.s.. which would benefit many nations on this planet.. especially those who hate america..

btw... im not bashing america...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Is there even anything to disclose?
How are you people so sure?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
thats like asking god when the apocolypse will happen. because the US has the most if not all the good and useful information.

so we can listen to the religious folk, and bunker down.. or wait for the most powerful to speak and continue living and enjoying till then.

though honestly, I think it may be a let down. no way they say aliens visit and helped our dna and such, like most are wishinb for.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Dear Misterlondon,
Nice post. Personally I think if you base UFOlogy on the entire Roswell crash, real or not and everything which transcended after that, you have the answer to your question.

If a UFO did land/crash at Roswell, then the Americans were the first, in modern culture, to make contact. According to all the information they did make contact, they then set up an agreement with them and the military/private sector took over. Everything would therefore be either in the hands of, or in the control of, those corporations/black Ops entities. All of those would be American. The line of thought follows that the US would have the oldest information, nothing says that the other powers know nothing, if there is something to know.

Regards,
T

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Is there even anything to disclose?
How are you people so sure?

that is kind of the point of the thread...

is there anything to disclose? maybe i should have made that clearer in my op... and why is it always down to america when it comes to these things

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Dear Misterlondon,
Nice post. Personally I think if you base UFOlogy on the entire Roswell crash, real or not and everything which transcended after that, you have the answer to your question.

If a UFO did land/crash at Roswell, then the Americans were the first, in modern culture, to make contact. According to all the information they did make contact, they then set up an agreement with them and the military/private sector took over. Everything would therefore be either in the hands of, or in the control of, those corporations/black Ops entities. All of those would be American. The line of thought follows that the US would have the oldest information, nothing says that the other powers know nothing, if there is something to know.

Regards,
T

good point and indeed that may be the case... but if we were getting visited by et's than surely it wouldnt be just america that would have knowledge or evidence on this..
surely the russians who have been watching the skies in a big way for over 50 years, especially during the cold war, would have some sort of evidence by now...
and something would have leaked, especially from a place like russia??

also on the roswell topic, i do have my doubts about the whole thing, especially as it occured very close to a top secret military base which work on secret aircraft.. and after the second world war when america took some of germanys top scientists there, who were known to work on saucer shaped aircraft..
alot of sightings around that time, im sure were disinfo...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Because, like everything else, the Americans (and Russians) have been covering it up for YEARS!

Hand us over all your Govt files on UFOs & aliens and we'll do for you. ok?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Please go outside and check the skies out at night and you can disclose it yourself! It almost seems like something of the norm to me because these things pop up all over the sky constantly. I could get video but its just going to be another video of a multicolored orb dancing around the sky, and theres a million of those already that nobody seems to believes. Go outside and see these things for yourself its magnificent.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Dear Misterlondon,

You're entirely correct of course. Sadly without disclosure, without knowing if there is actually anything "to" disclose it is all just pure speculation. I would assume if there were anything, then the Americans (based on Roswell being real) would have been the first. They would have tried to keep everything to themselves, and there is nothing wrong with that i'm not making a slight against the US here.

Whether other nations would have been invited or made contact on their own is again purely speculative. Simply put there's no way to answer your question, since noone really knows. In my honest opinion i'm a believer and would presume that if things were real, the US would have the most historical information. I don't think they would be the only ones though. Hope that adds a little more to my point of view.

Regards,
T

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
From reading what people have said over the years, it is to my knowledge that quite a lot of Americans expect that if/when aliens land they would land on the lawn of the white house.

I seriously hope that if aliens do in fact come to earth that they stay as far away from any political buildings as possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If you had witnessed UFO or UFO flybys, and know it is not swamp gas, balloons, etc, etc, you will want to understand what you just saw.

In the past, many would ridiculed you into silence, and you would have continued to pop more blue pills just to lie to yourself that you imagined it, and live with your life, stifling your curiousity.

But unfortunately, today, you have just joined the ranks of the millions of fellow humans whom had witnessed such phenomena. One can lie, but millions, even credible witnesses of respectable professions?

You decided to take the red pill instead, to find out more. And as you dig deeper, you would have found out about alien abductions and contact from amongst the witnesses. You tried to search worldwide govt agencies if they had come in contact, but you are unable to, because countries like UK,USSR,China, keep their secrets close to their chest as well as the masses kept silent through fear.

Turning around back to US, you realized that it is a free country where all expresses themselves without fear or favour. Through your research, you would have found out the military and the govt had indeed been in contact with them over genuine cases like the Roswell case and the 1950s flap whereby DC was surrounded by UFOs, and the follow-up of witnesses reports amongst many other cases right up till today.

You will want a resolution to your search, and the answers lay on the doorstep of the WhiteHouse, from the current occupant who is the Leader and representative of the entire US citizens. There is supposedly NOTHING that he does not know or responsible for. Thus that is why US authority's disclosure is vital for americans as well as the free world it claims to defend.

You will not be satisfied with answers such as 'My fellow Americans, there are indeed UFOs in the skies, and we will form a committee to investigate them over next few years'. It will not be this disclosure that you are seeking for.

It will be the UFO occupants intention, that you know the authorities had been hiding from you, a son of the soil, with a right to know what is going on in your soveriegn airspace as well as the unwarranted and unlawful abductions that had happened to your fellow americans.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Other nations have been making official releases of bits and pieces, not the full story but enough to give credence to discussions. There have been a lot of unofficial releases around the globe to help fill in some of the bits and pieces. Without a strong official background of integrity there is much debate and opinion with the topic. This can also been considered as part of the disclosure process to allow the community to get comfortable with some of the ideas and topics before exposing what is known. There has been a long term cover up of this topic so it is reasonable that the gradual release will take some time to avoid a sudden shock to the population. Even then it is reasonable that there will still be some information not fully disclosed to the public due to technology and other issues for some time.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i think the focus is on america solely because of groom lake and the roswell incident. the roswell incident is th most well known world over ufo crash cover up and groom lake has so much to hide! people want to know whats happening there.

america is looked at as the most popular countries when it comes to ufo's they have brought alot of it on them selves but none the less i think if any country does know of the exsistance of ET's then it is america and they should let the whole world know regardless of the consequencies

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's America's duty to notify the world of ET's.......IF we happened to shoot them down and kill some of them.

If some alien species sees that as an act of War...the world deserves to know why they are all going to die.

The world also needs to know why they are being fed upon.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have a few different opinions on why disclosure has not occurred yet.

The Masses Can’t Handle the Truth

In the original War of the World’s radio transmission, which had several simulated news bulletins announcing the “visitors” arrival, people absolutely panicked and freaked out. Now, some may argue that we are more prepared today for this type of announcement than they were back then, but I for one don’t think so.

Try to tell some of the conspiracy theories to closed-minded-friends and watch the reaction they give you – even some of the more mild conspiracy theories. Most of the time you are confronted with anger, disbelief and ridicule; possible labeled as a “Conspiracy Nut.”

There are also many other ramifications that will come along with disclosure:

How will it affect religions of the world?
How does their presence alter our everyday life styles – if at all?
Are they friendly or aggressive – if aggressive can we do anything about it?

This is just a few thoughts.

They are Here and We Have Their Technology

There is a very old saying that goes: Those that have power are most afraid of losing their power.

Our world’s economy is driven by natural resources – and we all know that money is what grants the ”Powerful” their ”power.”

If those in power know that releasing the details of an alien presence would mean they would have to release the technology that they have gained from the alien people, then it would stand to reason that the technology would render the need for natural resources (on such a grand scale) obsolete – and also render their power “non-existent.”

So, they don’t reveal, they don’t surrender their power.

Even the Government Does Not Know Why They Are Here

Possibly our government knows aliens are here, but they are too technologically advanced for us to defend ourselves if they become hostile.

People would freak – see my first point.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, in my opinion, it's pretty straight forward. Originally when things became "known" 1940ish we were a super power, we formed alliances against a common foe and we remain allies with those countries. We were the big dog so to speak and other went along with us. Now, in this day and age, it's money. We, as Americans, spend more money than any other country. Our "allies" keep secrecy with us as a matter of open trust. All others have hand in the cookie jar syndrome. Basically, their silence has been bought either through out right cash money, tech secrets, trade agreements, etc.. Where do you think trillions of dollars disappear to? I think back in 2001, there was a brief mention of 2-3 trillion dollars "misplaced" ie.. UFO research and silence. No one really wants America as an enemy, TPTB make sure that this is one of those line in the sand kind of things. While we may not go to war because of it, we sure can make them look like fools parading experts to discredit them, closing trade agreements, stating they have "weapons of mass destruction" or some other excuse to generally make their lives hell.

I put 1940ish as I do feel that the Nazis actually did have some advanced technology that their scientists were working on. I think we were aware of it well before the Roswell incident, but that we didn't have more than schematics and theories until that point. Thus, the blunder when it was recovered as it wasn't spoken about and the "German scientists" were merely working on "rockets". Ok, Don't want to get off topic, but this is why i think the world awaits America to finally open the curtain.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Because it does not count unless it happens in america. Just like the rolling stones,the beatles, and the who would not be successfull unless they came to america. So drink a coke watch an amerian movie and wait for disclosure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join