It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert: Storm likely killed thousands of birds.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Expert: Storm likely killed thousands of birds.

abclocal.go.com

Experts are investigating the deaths of more than 3,000 blackbirds that fell to the ground over a 1.5 square-mile area near Little Rock, just before midnight on New Year's Eve.

The director of Cornell University's ornithology lab says the most likely suspect is violent weather.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thedailybeast.com
abclocal.go.com
www.datelinezero.com
www.deseretnews.com

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This seems like a solid theory for the death of the Arkansas birds, and even the Louisiana birds. On New Year's Eve there was a tornado that killed 6 people in Arkansas. There were also severe weather watches in Louisiana on New Year's Eve. Right around when all the birds are found dead.

New Year's Eve tornadoes kill 6 in Ark., Mo. - Dec. 31, 2010

I believe that high winds could have thrown those birds around and crashed them into objects and killed them.

The weather all around the world has been very strange lately. Many of you don't believe in climate change, but I believe it is happening, and the beginning of it might look similar to this. Wild life that is sensitive to environment changes would be the first to go. This explains some of the fish dying as well.

'Very large' fish kill reported in bay.
Cold believed cause. - January 4, 2011

...a similar event also took place almost exactly a year ago.

Record Cold Kills Thousands Of Fish - January 13, 2010

...it was even predicted.

Cold Weather May Lead to Florida Fish Kills - December 17, 2010

Personally, I don't believe all the wild life die-offs are caused by the same thing. I believe there is multiple reasons, and people are just linking them all together to create a big conspiracy. I believe there are legitimate and mundane explanations for them all, and it is not the end of the world, or some evil people trying to kill everything.

I also believe that climate change could cause wild life die-offs, because severe weather has done it before.

edit on 5-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
They must have realized their "fireworks" explanation wasn't going to work?

Now they are back to blaming the weather. Yet, I have read that the severe weather was well out of the picture that day when the birds came crashing down that night.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

I agree how does it explain the birds in other countries? Sweden and Italy and the like...sounds like a divert story to me!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Right around when all the birds are found dead.
Right around "when" , but right around 'where'?

Is it normal to find that many birds of the same species dead after severe weather? If so, it would seem that this is a non-issue. This story seems to have grown past a non-issue though.

Then there's the pesky issue of the fish kills. Tornado clubbed them to death with rocks, maybe?

Thanks for putting the story up, this place is where I get my news. S&F!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
They must have realized their "fireworks" explanation wasn't going to work?

Many people create theories... theories are tried and tested until they don't work or another theory proves to be more plausible. Fireworks is one theory, weather is another theory, bird flu another, and OMGHAARPDEATHRAYSONICWEAPONEVILRULERS another.

Fireworks was never really an official explanation as far as I have read. It was just one of few possibilities.

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Now they are back to blaming the weather. Yet, I have read that the severe weather was well out of the picture that day when the birds came crashing down that night.

There was a tornado in Arkansas that night, Arkansas is in tornado alley. If there is a tornado near by, you best believe there is high winds and turbulence in other areas of Arkansas.

Thousands Of Dead Birds Fall From Sky On NYE

High winds and tornadoes struck Arkansas on New Year’s Eve, with the hardest hit area more than 150 miles to the west of Beebe.”

So there was high winds near by.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOdogg

I agree how does it explain the birds in other countries? Sweden and Italy and the like...sounds like a divert story to me!

Ok, so how are the deaths of birds in other countries linked to those in America?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOdogg
reply to post by dreams n chains

Why must the birds in other countries be linked or related? Just because they happened around the same time, doesn't mean they are related in any way. Are you aware that there could be multiple/different causes for each event?

Sounds like you are another "coincidence theorist" who links unrelated coincidences together to form an illusion to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This sounds like a answer for the masses to accept on the media.

No way would a storm have done this.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Not at all. I understand how you have come to that conclusion by reading what I have put and normally I would agree with you, the reason I am interested in this one is because it seems to effect only one type of bird, if it was a storm would it not effect all types of birds in the area... and why would the same type of bird in other countries be effected by different things... now as far as coincidences go that's a pretty big one which is why I question it... had it been all types of birds effected all over then I would be inclined to agree with you.

You are however entitled to your own thoughts and theory's as am I so thanks for challenging as it very important to do so!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Storms have killed birds before.... So you are completely wrong about "no way".

Florida storm kills whooping cranes.

Also, just because the birds were found in Beebe, Arkansas doesn't mean they were from that location. Tornadoes are known to throw objects across entire state lines.

Being thrashed around in turbulent winds could easily damage internal organs of birds, and cause bruising (blood clots).

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Ok, so how are the deaths of birds in other countries linked to those in America?

A good point.

I will ask the question again, 'Is it common to see thousands of dead birds of the same species dead and dying on the ground after violent weather?' I have experienced a lot of violent weather(IMO) and I can't say I have ever noticed this particular effect.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Storms have killed birds before....
Thousands of the same species though?

It just is not a common occurrence, or this wouldn't have made the news. Also, why do post-mortem exams on a common bird species if there is an easy and obvious explanation for their deaths?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I think you might have been mislead. It was not just blackbirds that died. It was "mostly" blackbirds... but not just blackbirds.

www.examiner.com...

Witnesses said birds, mostly red wing blackbirds, were pelting roofs, yards, parked cars and roadways.

Blackbirds Fall From the sky.

Reports saying it was just blackbirds are incorrect. It was mostly blackbirds, with a few other small birds also being affected.

Blackbirds are a nuisance bird in Beebe, so it's not rare to see thousands in one spot.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Some flood warnings is expected in my side of the world i better lift my butt and make all many pets safe. They using the HAARP as weapon on China, Pakistan. Its drought every where except there, seems more the HAARP is pulling all water particles to one place causing drought in other areas every now and then just before the water is in crisis they give a bit to the dry. When it rains it rains other than that dry, lightning so bad lately you constant hear people hit and die even groups of people. Their project HAARP still has few bugs every time they fire it up disasters and mysteries like dead birds and fish happen. They say the atlanteans caused their own undergo and knew that it was going to happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Thanks for this info... Lets hope it is all a big coincidence, I will look at it more with them eyes now, however I must still say the volume of these events around the world... cant be that common .... I have never witnessed it, but i guess for this one i will point out my signature to my self.

edit- testing my avatar which i cant seem to get to work...
edit on 5-1-2011 by TheOdogg because: testing my avatar which i cant seem to get to work...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by exactmad

If they were using HARRP as a weapon why only attack birds and fish?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Sorry i don't believe the medias version

First Fireworks and now weather

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States weather on News Year day was an overcast look it up with the weather network sites they should have data going back atleast a few days back.

These experts are shills, you can easily tell.

edit on 5-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't belive weather for an answer. Why were they only one type of bird? Why was it New Years Eve, at 11:30 pm? No one wants to say they were startled by fireworks and hit a low flying UFO that hovered over the tree line?

The whole story is creepy, and it is a very negative weird sign. I find it hard to believe it was weather. It
is the incident of Bible type happenenings.

I lived in Kentucky four different times, that is tornado alley. They never had a massive bird kill happen there, and they have constant violent weather. In the spring Tennesse can have many many tornados per day in their state.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
LOL I can't stop laughing, my cheeks hurt so much... HAHAHA!!!!!
They must really think we are idiots. Storms aren't biased, they kill all birds in the area, not just blackbirds. Don't tell me oh but there was another species!! ROFL.

Anyways, that explanation just sucks even if. Since when do that many birds die from a storms all across North America around the SAME EXACT TIME. Plus, storms might be deadly, but not on the scale of thousands of birds in one area. It's just ludicrous.
edit on 5-1-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join