It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once In A Lifetime Photograph

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies people!

An unashamed bump!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's important to realize our own insignificance, and this photgraph sums that up nicely

This is awesome, dude!

Why does being small equate to being insignificant and why is it important to realise it?

I don't think we are insignificant at all or what would be the point of our existence. I like the idea that the universe is fractal in nature. The smaller you go, the same patterns you observe that are found in the macro.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Excellent Pix C....Thanks for sharing.

It is Lonely out in space,,,and quiet too.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I've asked for this thread to be moved to [HOAX] forum Chad buddy. I come here looking for a 'once in a lifetime photograph' and you give me...Star Wars?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/863d5a16a7a5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

It still is a once in a lifetime shot...

It's not every day we get a visit from the Empire from a galaxy far, far away is it?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Here's a bump and a great ISS image that's on-topic too...Tracy Caldwell Dyson looking at Earth. It's been 'tweaked (cough),' but fires the imagination.

Caldwell Dyson launched aboard a Soyuz TMA-18 crew capsule on April 2, 2010, from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, docking with the International Space Station two days later to join the Expedition 23 crew. For the next 174 days, Caldwell Dyson lived and worked aboard the International Space Station as a Flight Engineer on Expedition 23/24. Caldwell Dyson performed three successful spacewalks logging 22 hours and 49 minutes of EVA time. The Expedition 24 crew returned to a safe landing in central Kazakhstan on September 25, 2010. In completing this long duration mission, Caldwell Dyson logged a total of 176 days in space.
Saucy

Ripley or what?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
is it just me or does the iss look like the canadian flag in that picture from the first post?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Better looking than Ripley I reckon.

Great photo!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join